Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which current MMORPG has the best graphics?

Comments

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

Originally posted by patrikd23

They say Anime look since they think that is what its called because Koreans made the game. Yet there is nothing anime about and they have no idea what they are talking about. 

Exactly. Is an eastern mmo so it's anime. Which is stupid. Aion have some of the most reallistic faces in a game today.

This is an anime style game

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

AoC by a mile.  Performs very well.

EQ2 looks nice for about 30ft then like arse.  Pig in every sense of the word.

LotRO has nice environment, terrible every thing else.  Runs on a toaster.

Aion does look good all around, but less environment than LotRO and less PC/NPC than AoC.  Also performs well.

• RaiizenRaiizen Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Edli

Originally posted by patrikd23

They say Anime look since they think that is what its called because Koreans made the game. Yet there is nothing anime about and they have no idea what they are talking about. 

Exactly. Is an eastern mmo so it's anime. Which is stupid. Aion have some of the most reallistic faces in a game today.

This is an anime style game

Trying to convince an western gamer is like trying to convince a christian the world is not flat.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I have no clue and I dont care.

At all, on both accounts.

What my question is: are the graphics good enough and and can my hardware handle it.

If the answer is yes, then the game in question is fine.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by Raiizen

Trying to convince an western gamer is like trying to convince a christian the world is not flat.

I dont think there is any christian left who believes the earth is flat.

So your statement doesnt make much sense.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by Adamantine

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Hyanmen

"...early 1800s..."

"Voliva died in 1942 and the church quickly disintegrated..."

"The International Flat Earth Society was formally founded in 1956 by Samuel Shenton, a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and the Royal Geographic Society."

So, are there Christians today who believe that? Nice try. There's probably a few here and there, just like every crazy theory. It's funny in any case.

As for the actual, y'know, topic of the thread, I'd say either AoC (for character models/textures and lighting), LotRO (for landscapes and accessibility almost on-par with WoW), or EVE (for ship graphics, special effects, and space vistas). Aion, visually, is nice, but the art style isn't my thing (which is probably what Raiizen was complaining about /shrug).

• SlownSlown Member Posts: 10

All "bs" aside, LOTRO is the only game I can remember in the last couple years where I actually panned around looking at my surroundings consistently. Just a beautiful world.

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

I reacon best graphics is black prohpecy and infinity quest for earth no game has graphics like it.

• TrykenTryken Ultima Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 63

For MMOs currently open, I think Allods Online looks pretty outstanding (art direction with it).

I guess, though, if I had to pick one, it would go to EVE Online. The graphics in that game are just mind-blowingly beautiful.

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

I hate eve becouse having no avatar the ships feel small.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by charlespayne

I hate eve becouse having no avatar the ships feel small.

I know what you mean. You kind of have to keep this (make sure you enlarge the picture) in mind while you play... which can be hard sometimes. When Ambulation (or whatever they end up calling it) comes out, we'll be able to see the scale first-hand.

• Enigma8833Enigma8833 Member Posts: 24

Its really unfortunate but I think Aion has the best graphics. The game play sucks and I would not recommend it to anyone, but for sheer beauty its an eye catcher.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by Comnitus

Originally posted by Hyanmen

So, are there Christians today who believe that? Nice try. There's probably a few here and there, just like every crazy theory. It's funny in any case.

Hey, we were talking about Any Christians here~

It makes sense though. 4 turtles and an elephant carrying the world. Giant ice wall blocking the water from escaping to the space. NASA hiding the truth from the population. It's all conspiracy.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • silkakcsilkakc Member UncommonPosts: 381

LoTRO gets my vote.

I don't like the harsher and darker worlds in other games mentioned in this thread.  I don't know if it's because I'm a lady but I need beauty and a warm ambience in my game worlds. Someone compared LoTRO to a Bob Ross painting but to me, LoTRO is a Monet painting come to life.

Cept for those dern character models:) I think the game world is absolutely perfect but the toons are just average. I like Vanguards character models the best :)

• DiatribeEQDiatribeEQ Member Posts: 6

I'd say that for the fantasy MMO, it'd probably have to go to AoC with EVE getting the Sci-Fi MMO nod.

• svart_lotussvart_lotus Member Posts: 20

For me its a hard pick between AoC and EVE. AoC went for photorealism which is hard to pull of, but i think they did a descent job. I do find some of the models kind of "blocky", but then again when it comes to MMO graphic has always been a couple of years behind :) EVE is wonderfull and it keeps getting better. The argument "its mostly space" dosent really work when your talking about best graphics, use it for the topic "which game has the most graphics". It could be a rock in a vacuum, as long as it looks better then all other rocks it is the best graphic. I don't really want to pick one of the games since i do consider animation to be part of the graphic, and a spaceship isn't that flexible :) When CCP release Incarna (walk in stations, ambulations etc) it will be easier for me :)

GG

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

WoW has the best but that is abit sad seeing that it came out in 2004 and no mmorpg since has beaten it. Purely down to the fantastic art style and polish of Blizzard but you get these games like AoC and EQ2 which are technically better, yet they look generic and plastic.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Varny

WoW has the best but that is abit sad seeing that it came out in 2004 and no mmorpg since has beaten it. Purely down to the fantastic art style and polish of Blizzard but you get these games like AoC and EQ2 which are technically better, yet they look generic and plastic.

That is art, not graphics in itself. Games like LOTRO and AoC have way better graphics but art is a personal preference. Try to keep artstyle and graphics separated please.

I say AoC still have the best graphics, followed by AION and LOTRO.

As for the art I like Guildwars best.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by svart_lotus

For me its a hard pick between AoC and EVE. AoC went for photorealism which is hard to pull of, but i think they did a descent job. I do find some of the models kind of "blocky", but then again when it comes to MMO graphic has always been a couple of years behind :) EVE is wonderfull and it keeps getting better. The argument "its mostly space" dosent really work when your talking about best graphics, use it for the topic "which game has the most graphics". It could be a rock in a vacuum, as long as it looks better then all other rocks it is the best graphic. I don't really want to pick one of the games since i do consider animation to be part of the graphic, and a spaceship isn't that flexible :) When CCP release Incarna (walk in stations, ambulations etc) it will be easier for me :)

Whatever they make for Eve will not look as good as what they are cooking up for World of darkness online: http://www.mmorpg.com/showVideo.cfm/videoId/1657 

I agree that CCP is really far in the next gen graphics but it really isn't here yet so I personally think that AoCs look better right now. But I also think that the realistic graphics will be yanked up a few steps soon and CCP might win then.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

For artstyle, i'd still vote for old EQ. I like how the fantasy style looks realistic in this game, so to say :)

For graphics... hard to decide. I don't really care for graphics to be top notch, as long as it doesn't look really old. EQ2 at best settings has really nice eye candies, very very detailed. Maybe Age of Conan  as well. Although worlds like in EQ, Vanguard, Darkfall, Mortal online -  looks better for me.

• svart_lotussvart_lotus Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Loke666

Whatever they make for Eve will not look as good as what they are cooking up for World of darkness online: http://www.mmorpg.com/showVideo.cfm/videoId/1657 

I agree that CCP is really far in the next gen graphics but it really isn't here yet so I personally think that AoCs look better right now. But I also think that the realistic graphics will be yanked up a few steps soon and CCP might win then.

The link you used IS Eve :) WoDO will most likely use the Ambulation tech. Might want to re-read my post.

GG

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by Varny

I've never played WoW and never will.

I'm happy about that.

OzGames

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Originally posted by Loke666

The link you used IS Eve :) WoDO will most likely use the Ambulation tech. Might want to re-read my post.

Yes.  This is true.  Incarna will use APEX hair and clothing physics, just as in the tech demos that showed off some 'presumably' World of Darkness models.  It will also be using Enlighten, a pretty incredible real-time lighting engine.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I think LOTRO has the best graphics.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!