Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Top 10 Things We Want to See at E3

2»

Comments

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

Warhammer 40 k
    The Secret World
    World of Darkness
    Dust 514
    Copernicus
    Jumpgate Evolution
    Eve Online
    Star Wars TOR

And for non mmo games Mechwarrior

• OMGKragOMGKrag Member UncommonPosts: 10

#TSW, #TSW, and more #TSW: the only game that matters

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

I agree with no.1. I hope the Warhammer 40k mmo will be awesome, unlike its Warhammer fantasy brother. I've recently started playing the Dawn of war games again and they have me hyped for this mmo.

Beware the mutant, the witch, the heretic!!!

• seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

I %100 agree on Warhammer 40k mmo.At least a little information would give me the hope for waiting it cus its is the only mmo i care and think that it will be the wow killer or SWTOR

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

What? We don't want to know anything about Blizzard's new MMO?

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Originally posted by Gemma

What? We don't want to know anything about Blizzard's new MMO?

I think it's probably way too early for any of that. Hell, it doesn't even have a proper name yet.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • AchrisosAchrisos Member UncommonPosts: 54

All i want to see is a Beta event for GW2 (like they did for GW1 at E3 when it first came out) and some great updated on Diablo 3

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Keep in mind that I wrote this before the GW2 information storm this week.  I'm not sure where it'd fall on the list, but probably pretty high up there for sure. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Naut123Naut123 Member Posts: 2

Ahem? I want GW2! D:

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Interesting list.   I have to say.  However this is what I want to see myself

(1) Everquest 3, that is if SOE is actually working on it.

(2) SWTOR I want to see them release it to the masses for testing and quit teasing us

(3) Maybee a BSG MMO hopefully not touched by cryptic or warner

(4) torchlight

(5) The new project that Warner (formerly tubine they dont have the right to be called that now) has been working on. It is obvoius that the dev staff has been pulled from LOTRO to work on something all one has to do is look at the dev team working on ddo and wht they have been pushing out compared to whats been happening in lotro absoulutly nothing other than fixes and fluf.

(6) The fallout MMO now that the court case is over

The rest does not matter to me.

• 9GreenMen9GreenMen Member Posts: 62

I'd like to see (no specific order or excitement preferences):

---- Blizzards new mmo announced

---- 38 Studio's Project Capernicus revealed

---- Secret World info

---- Final Fantasy XIV videos

---- Anything Turbine is working on

---- Guild Wars 2 info

---- Warhammer 40k mmo, lots of details!

---- Dust 514

---- Everquest 'Next'

---- Non-MMOs, (Fable 3, possibly new Elder Scrolls, Fallout: New Vegas, Diablo 3, anythign else RPG-ey) :P

Currently playing: No MMOs
    Played properly: WoW
    Tried: AoC, WAR, Aion, Darkfall
    Looking forward to: FFXIV, Earthrise, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2 (very much), Project Copernicus (and Mercury for that matter), Everquest and Planetside Next (finally a meaningful mmofps again)
    Wants to play in 2 years time if it survives from the subscriptions of fanatics and turns into the game with all features stated on the website: Mortal Online

• Jester47Jester47 Member Posts: 90

The games I'm most interested in are Planetside 2 and Copernicus!

Okay, so Planetside 2 wasn't "officially" announced, but I think they told us enough. And Copernicus is always very high on my radar. I await the reveal with much excitement given how much I can have with zero details on the game.

Why Planetside 2? Because I think it's the only post original batch (UO, EQ, AC) MMO that ever had relevant gameplay. At the time, the gameplay was on par with other major FPS games. Sure, Planetside got tiring for a lot of people, but you have to give them props for what they accomplished at the time. Now I look at MMOs today and can't help but see their archaic gameplay compared to the rest of the industry. Even when an MMO tries to become a shooter or action game, it's still a decade behind modern shooters and action games. I hope Planetside could bring modern FPS gameplay to the MMO space again.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Good list for some people, but that list is like asking what your favorite color is. To each their own.

For me personally I am only looking forward to more information from FFXIV.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• ningastyle47ningastyle47 Member Posts: 19

I wanna see Blizzard's next-gen mmo.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Jairoe03

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to have to side with Bill on this one about Warhammer 40k MMO first look being number one. Maybe its because I'm a big fan of Dawn of War 2 but its undeniable that THQ does a good job in capturing the Warhammer 40k feel in its RTS's, they support their games very well and I don't see a reason why that would change for an MMO. I expect similar quality put forth into anything else they support, especially an MMO.

I lost faith in Warhammer 40k MMO when the developers said that it will not have real time combat and the combat will be more like Tabula Rasa's. That completely killed the game for me as I cannot see a W40K MMO without real time combat, FPS or third person... or whatever.

I hope that they have changed their mind, as I love W40K (it's probably one of my most favorite IP's). But the WoW-esque combat just does not work in the W40K setting.

• 9GreenMen9GreenMen Member Posts: 62

Originally posted by heartless

Originally posted by Jairoe03

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to have to side with Bill on this one about Warhammer 40k MMO first look being number one. Maybe its because I'm a big fan of Dawn of War 2 but its undeniable that THQ does a good job in capturing the Warhammer 40k feel in its RTS's, they support their games very well and I don't see a reason why that would change for an MMO. I expect similar quality put forth into anything else they support, especially an MMO.

I lost faith in Warhammer 40k MMO when the developers said that it will not have real time combat and the combat will be more like Tabula Rasa's. That completely killed the game for me as I cannot see a W40K MMO without real time combat, FPS or third person... or whatever.

I hope that they have changed their mind, as I love W40K (it's probably one of my most favorite IP's). But the WoW-esque combat just does not work in the W40K setting.

O yeah I forgot about that :( I agree, I think a Gears of War style 'over the shoulder' view would have been great for a 40k mmo, with real time fast shooter combat. And those who would argue back 'it wouldn't be an mmo because you could get one-shotted from miles away', well that just isn't fitting with the 40k IP. Space Marines and creatures in other armor take shitloads of shots (generally) to kill. Just like how you have to unload half a clip of machine gun in gears I suppose.

Currently playing: No MMOs
    Played properly: WoW
    Tried: AoC, WAR, Aion, Darkfall
    Looking forward to: FFXIV, Earthrise, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2 (very much), Project Copernicus (and Mercury for that matter), Everquest and Planetside Next (finally a meaningful mmofps again)
    Wants to play in 2 years time if it survives from the subscriptions of fanatics and turns into the game with all features stated on the website: Mortal Online

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

I'd to hear more info about Everquest Next.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

Already recieved my E3 pass email, the physical pass comes in the mail in around 15 days. Guild Wars 2 is really going to be the highlight of the mmo scene, or at least that's what I am looking forward to. Blizzard will have their Diablo 3 spot as well, should be good.  Expect a few surprises this year as well.

• animeoutlawanimeoutlaw Member UncommonPosts: 27

I would like to hear about:

1.) Blade and Soul: Because they're saying CBT is launching the first half of 2010, and it just looks so fun and beautiful.

2.) T.E.R.A: Again, the gameplay looks great. And as with Blade and Soul, I'm ready for some more RTS/ Fighting style combat onto the market.

3.) Star Wars: The Old Republic: Just because it looks so cool :).

It would be nice to see some info on GW2, however they already said that Blade and Soul will be going into testing before GW2. So I'm doubtful a whole lot about the game will be going out. Unless it's farther in development by June.

• kumobladekumoblade Member UncommonPosts: 86

It's good to see the mmorpg.com guys are as excited about Warhammer 40k mmo as I am.

As I was going down the list I was thinking in the back of my mind "Why haven't i seen warhammer 40k yet" and was beginning to wonder if you guys were going to sweep it under a rug. 

Can't wait. After a great start with Darksiders (different genre, i'm aware), I'm hoping Warhammer 40k saturate my lust for Ultraviolence and PVP.

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360

• World of Darkness

• Copernicus

• Anything about EQ Next or Planetside Next

• Anything that Turbine has up their sleeves

I'm most interested about WoD and Copernicus as we have the least info on those games.  I've lost interest in TOR for the moment.  Maybe closer to release I'll get hyped again for that one.

To a lesser a degree I'd like to hear about these titles.  We already have some info on those, even if it is mostly fluff.

• Secret World

• FF XIV

• Guild Wars 2

The top list is so secretive.  I need those secrets revealed.  The top 10 list seems so, I don't know...blah.  We already know a lot about those titles, well minus WAR 40K.

• VoltlivesVoltlives Member Posts: 280

I would love to see / hear anything about World of Darkness, very anxious.  Also agree on the Warhammer 40 K if done right this could be a power house, but in light of recent IP developments I am keeping that enthusiasm in check.  If there truly is an EQ3 brewing that would also get my attention.  I guess I have to play the waiting game now instead of a good MMO.

END OF LINE_

~V