Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JITA

pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

Title says it all if your an eve fan, how will this game handle 500 people leaving a cetral trab hub. while a huge persistant world is cool I think its also tough especially since eve is actually a series of instances but they allow an unlimited amount of players in each one. so that you can actually just crash one system by having too many people.

I worry in this game that the entire server goes down if to many people are in one area.

Comments

• leumasx7leumasx7 Member Posts: 218

before Aika Went crap (because of retarded choices by the staff) 1k vs 1k pvp, enough said. only like 3-5 second lag if it were serious business.

Technology has advanced a lot since then, servers now days can handle it. The bandwidth too, since more complex and faster fiber optic internet has been implemented. (err not sure if i spelled that right =/ )

• GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207

Originally posted by pmaura

Title says it all if your an eve fan, how will this game handle 500 people leaving a cetral trab hub. while a huge persistant world is cool I think its also tough especially since eve is actually a series of instances but they allow an unlimited amount of players in each one. so that you can actually just crash one system by having too many people.

I worry in this game that the entire server goes down if to many people are in one area.

Perpetuum is a single shard with multiply computers/servers running the shard. So if a single computer/server/node was to go down it would not bring down the entire game.