Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love every aspect except 1, open world PvP...

kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

Get rid if that and I will Pre-Order today and spend next few years paying to play this game.

Comments

• siredmondsiredmond Member Posts: 122

Open PvP will stay, it is a core feature of the game. However, for the time being in prelude, you are completely safe in your tribal town. In the future, your tribal town will be relatively safe, as it will be fortified. Exceptions exists for evil players.

On the other hand, despite the open PvP world, there are (will be) harsh penalties against random ganking. 

((SImilar to eve, even though you can be killed anywhere by players, certain areas of the game make it unlikely to happen))

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423

Originally posted by siredmond

Open PvP will stay, it is a core feature of the game. However, for the time being in prelude, you are completely safe in your tribal town. In the future, your tribal town will be relatively safe, as it will be fortified. Exceptions exists for evil players.

On the other hand, despite the open PvP world, there are (will be) harsh penalties against random ganking. 

((SImilar to eve, even though you can be killed anywhere by players, certain areas of the game make it unlikely to happen))

Read all about the "penaltizes".

Griefers/Gankers will always find a way to destroy others enjoyment in an Open World PvP environment

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Originally posted by kb056

Read all about the "penaltizes".

Griefers/Gankers will always find a way to destroy others enjoyment in an Open World PvP environment

What "penalties"? Their PvP restrictions arent about penalties at all (like other MMOs with stupid crap like murderer statuses and stat/equip drop penalties). PvP happens within certain rules, which will be established by the tribes themselves on an individual basis dependant on their status of Alliance, Rivalry, War, as well as the factions of good and evil, etc.

Basically, there will be open PvP, but it can only happen within certain conditions (good cannot go to war with good, if you outright kill a good player you will become evil, but evil side is more of a FFA), and those conditions also determine things like will it be just a friendly fight to injury, or will it be to death? Will they be able to loot at all, or 1 item, or full loot? It's not going to just be a gankfest, it will be a pretty intricate system with tools to prevent too much griefing and ganking, and they have already said that if the tools they put in place dont work, and it does turn into a gankfest, they will actively make chanegs to the game to keep that from happening.

Also, as i mentioned, it seems the evil areas will be more of a free for all, so if youre that worried about being ganked by other players just stick to the good side since your own side wont be able to kill you randomly like the evils can do on their side.

• jango1337jango1337 Member Posts: 217

yeah lets get rid of open world PvP in one of the very few left on the market games for players who like open world PvP!!! How bout you just go to one of the many safe MMO's if you just want to PvE mmkay image

The game is designed to accommodate both types of players, people that want to build the world, and people that want to burn it down. The devs already know they will have to patch up some holes various people may decide to exploit to level the playing field between the two relatively different play styles, to keep things balanced, and to stop it from becoming a gank fest.

• OaksteadOakstead Member Posts: 455

Get rid if that and I will Pre-Order today and spend next few years paying to play this game.

Hmm, yet you seem to be looking for something. I am guessing you  tried games like" Wurm" and "A Tale in the Desert" and didn't find them satisfactory. So what are you looking for Kb056?

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Originally posted by jango1337

yeah lets get rid of open world PvP in one of the very few left on the market games for players who like open world PvP!!! How bout you just go to one of the many safe MMO's if you just want to PvE mmkay image

Very well said. People need to get over their ridiculous fear of pvp in mmos. It really is totally pathetic. These are online games for gods sake! Like Jango said mmos that allow players to fully interact with each other in a competitive way are already in the minority and yet on the rare occasions when a company starts producing one to add some variety and choice to the genre, there is always some twat who starts a post whining about how it should be removed.

There are loads of dull pve mmos and single player games for the OP to choose from if he is really that bothered about having to compete with human beings.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

With so many features that you like and just one 1 is enought to turn you down, maybe the whole game is not for you, saying it by my own experience.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

Really? You already know that "if" they take out Open PvP you'll spend YEARS playing this game? That's bullshit in the highest degree. You may hate the game for all you know. You can't judge a game by its "features" list. You have to play it.

Oh wait. I know. You're trying to bribe the developers. Right, they'll dump Open PvP because YOU want to play it for YEARS and YEARS and...

What a pathetic post.

I think the main fear is that with an open PvP world, it will just degrade into a gank fest for people who just want to craft. Some games make crafters incapable of running away or defending themselves at all. Being ganked over and over again is not fun for the person being ganked, and with them spending money to have fun, then their money can be better spent.

Xsyon will at the very least give you the option to run away. However, the main plan is to keep it from falling into a gank fest.

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

The developers implemented features in the game which make everyone able to run away from combat if they wish to do so. At first it was based on combat mode speed, players who were in combat mode weren't able to catch other players who weren't. This will most likely change into a stamina based system, where the attacker loose stamina much faster than the defender. Open PvP is there, people can attack anyone anywhere anytime, but it doesn't mean they can kill them.

• Relandi420Relandi420 Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Sinella

The developers implemented features in the game which make everyone able to run away from combat if they wish to do so. At first it was based on combat mode speed, players who were in combat mode weren't able to catch other players who weren't. This will most likely change into a stamina based system, where the attacker loose stamina much faster than the defender. Open PvP is there, people can attack anyone anywhere anytime, but it doesn't mean they can kill them.

Correct, however they've also stated that they intend to make it slightly harder to escape in the final product. (Seems the post I'm referring to has been merged into a 69 page thread that I don't feel like searching through >>)

Pretty much it will work like this - If you see someone before they attack you, you can escape no problem. If they manage to hit you, you can still escape but with diminishing results, as the more you become injured, the slower you will move, etc.

So, yes, there will be safe guards to prevent unwanted open world PvP, but they also still want this to be a competitive game. This gives the "PKers" the ability to still be murderers and catch their prey, they just have to be smart about it, and actually work at catching them.

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by Relandi420

Correct, however they've also stated that they intend to make it slightly harder to escape in the final product. (Seems the post I'm referring to has been merged into a 69 page thread that I don't feel like searching through >>)

Pretty much it will work like this - If you see someone before they attack you, you can escape no problem. If they manage to hit you, you can still escape but with diminishing results, as the more you become injured, the slower you will move, etc.

So, yes, there will be safe guards to prevent unwanted open world PvP, but they also still want this to be a competitive game. This gives the "PKers" the ability to still be murderers and catch their prey, they just have to be smart about it, and actually work at catching them.

There is also the reputation and punushment system as well as the wrath of jooky to prevent all this. And from what I have heard of mortal Online's punishment system this one will actually do what it is supposed to. Not bashing MO ;) just repeating what I have heard

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

I actully hate open pvp in mmo's becouse people will always ruin it for others like in eve, Eve isent noob friendly becouse of this when some player ask you to pick up there contain to carry something then when you do thay kill you and if xsyon ends up same way then alot wont enjoy it,

also if you want pvp go play counter strike.

• Relandi420Relandi420 Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by charlespayne

I actully hate open pvp in mmo's becouse people will always ruin it for others like in eve, Eve isent noob friendly becouse of this when some player ask you to pick up there contain to carry something then when you do thay kill you and if xsyon ends up same way then alot wont enjoy it,

Guess what, open PvP is here to stay, so, no, I won't play CS. I will play Xsyon.

• jango1337jango1337 Member Posts: 217

Originally posted by charlespayne

So, you come to the xsyon forums and tell the devs to take out open world PvP because you don't like it. THEN you tell us to go play CS? Well guess what there's a lot of people who like open world PvP including me and it's clear the devs have a certain vision for THEIR game.

So how bout you go play WoW if you don't like open world PvP?

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by Virtus

Originally posted by Relandi420

There is also the reputation and punushment system as well as the wrath of jooky to prevent all this. And from what I have heard of mortal Online's punishment system this one will actually do what it is supposed to. Not bashing MO ;) just repeating what I have heard

Thanks, its nice to know all of this. Good to know that the developer is committed to keep the game free from gankers and random PKers.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Dont fool yourself, this will be yet another gankfest full of ganktards.  They'll wear the penalites like a badge of honor. 

Unless the penalties are so crippling it becomes no longer fun to wear them, at which point they will jump ship with the penalties.

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

I highly doubt the open world pvp is going to be a gankfest like Darkfall or Mortal Online.  Have you seen how big the world is and how small the players are compared to it? 

IMHO, open world pvp will not be that bad.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

How about you find something more original to say besides "go play WoW"?

People should get an auto-ban for that.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

How about you find something more original to say besides "go play WoW"?

People should get an auto-ban for that.

Alright, I lol'ed. People should get an auto-ban for that, indeed. 

But yeah, in my opinion, open world pvp is bad, unless there are some brilliant rules. 

As stated Jooky, the lead dev, has insured that ganking etc will not be tolerated and if the punishments are not good enough then they will be increased until it no longer becomes fun to do so.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Virtus

As stated Jooky, the lead dev, has insured that ganking etc will not be tolerated and if the punishments are not good enough then they will be increased until it no longer becomes fun to do so.

Heard it before.

The only way to prevent it - is to code it in.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

punishments will be coded it :)