Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Two-Handed Great Sword

ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

With twice the decapitation power of most other swords.

Whack!

Comments

• chocomallowschocomallows Member Posts: 14

wow cool im a fan of two hand swords ^^

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Great blade there tho personally i prefer long knives for easy concealment in parks so i suprise anyone who invades my personal space.

Staby Staby Staby image

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• ScalperOneScalperOne Member Posts: 281

Heck I got a katana, handy sword but damn if ever there is a zombie infestation I want that greatsword instead of my katana. Cho chop zombie...

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I want one.  What I also want is the music that was playing while they make all the cuts.  If anybody has any idea where to get some of that music be sure to let me know.

Also, if you happen to know how I could get a job as the demonstrator of their weapons that would be swell too.

I just wish they used someone else other then the fat guy to do the cuts because I got a bit annoyed seeing him get winded after every cut he made regardless of the sword he was using.  Get a professional swordsman or someone who studies that stuff to really demonstrate it.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Would be handy against zombies I guess.

O_o o_O

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Originally posted by Illius

I just wish they used someone else other then the fat guy to do the cuts because I got a bit annoyed seeing him get winded after every cut he made regardless of the sword he was using.  Get a professional swordsman or someone who studies that stuff to really demonstrate it.

I was thinking the same thing.  I was worried the guy was going to have a heart attack after about the fourth swing.  Why didn't they get Conan the Barbarian to wield that thing?  The demonstration would have been much more impressive.  Or even the guy who did pull-ups with it.  He was built pretty well.  The demonstration I liked the best is the one where the guy did the helicopter swing and cut the poll down about four or five times.

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Yeah I freaking love Cold Steel stuff.  I've been dreaming of getting one of their swords for a years now.  The testing they put their stuff through is INSANE!  I'm sold.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Zindaihas

I was thinking the same thing.  I was worried the guy was going to have a heart attack after about the fourth swing.  Why didn't they get Conan the Barbarian to wield that thing?  The demonstration would have been much more impressive.  Or even the guy who did pull-ups with it.  He was built pretty well.  The demonstration I liked the best is the one where the guy did the helicopter swing and cut the poll down about four or five times.

What they didn't show you after the guy did pullups was the edge-on view of the sword. Even then you could see the bend mark about 2/3s of the way up the blade. He may well have done pullups on it but the sword was irrepairably bent.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by Zindaihas

What they didn't show you after the guy did pullups was the edge-on view of the sword. Even then you could see the bend mark about 2/3s of the way up the blade. He may well have done pullups on it but the sword was irrepairably bent.

Yeah I'm not sure why they cut away at the end of that part.  However, if you watch most other Cold Steel sword or knife vids, you can watch them flex the hell out of their stuff, and it returns back to it's original form.  Perhaps the 2 hander isn't made with the same quality steel or something.  They use a few different types of steel, so perhaps. 

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

The best blade to use against Zombies are long knives and throwing knives. Cut the tendons to cripple them problem solved.

Trust me i have experience in disabaling Zombie Human like Anatomy image

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Originally posted by HYPERI0N

The best blade to use against Zombies are long knives and throwing knives. Cut the tendons to cripple them problem solved.

Trust me i have experience in disabaling Zombie Human like Anatomy image

I'd much rather cleave them in 2 with a great sword.  Knives require you to be within biting distance, and throwing knives require precission and lots of practice to get right.  I highly doubt you could sever a tendon with a throwing knife anyways.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

I would have liked to hve seen how fast those two fat blokes could demolish a bag of doughnuts with those swords.

The stuff they were cutting with those swords was all highly unimpressive. Was it just becuase they were so physicaly shabby themsleves? Or was it because their wepons suck?

I would of course expect someone who makes a living out of beating iron to be a bit or physically imposing than the dweeby Dungeons and Dragons brothers in this show.

Crap technique, crap physique, crap choice of weapon. Probably crap choice of crappily made weapon if anything else in the video is to go by.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Even if it looked like a retarded early morning TV-shop ad, those people surely knew how to cut things with a Great Sword : ) Dont know if they can fight with one thou!

I have done stickfighting competitions for many years, and have medieval swordplay as a hobby next to it. Not often you see someone using a Great Sword in sparring!