Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next...myth or...?

zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

too good to be true?

Comments

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

Aye, they confirmed it last summer,

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=19260

• SamatmanSamatman Member UncommonPosts: 123

While I have no doubt it is something SOE is working on

I have no faith left in them to bring what EQ devotees would consider to be a true successor to EQ.

I'm getting tired of being just an account number that is 'monetized' as much as possible.

This isn't necessarily a rant against (only) SOE, but the current trends industry-wide are sending me into a RMT bunker.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Originally posted by Samatman

While I have no doubt it is something SOE is working on

I have no faith left in them to bring what EQ devotees would consider to be a true successor to EQ.

I'm getting tired of being just an account number that is 'monetized' as much as possible.

This isn't necessarily a rant against (only) SOE, but the current trends industry-wide are sending me into a RMT bunker.

I agree that I would be very surprised to ever see a true successor of EQ.  All with it's exploration,  music,  weather effects,  incentives to group,  and only quests that were meaningful and memorable. 

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Realistically I don't think you're going to ever really see a 'successor' to the original Everquest. I have been waiting for additional news about Everquest Next, but there just hasn't been a lot of info since last year and the brief camera shot of the guys working on a story board in the EverCarcked videos (episode 6). Right now I'm enjoying playing the Project1999 Classic Emulator . I will keep an eye out for addtional news, I'm hoping there will be some updated information about it from the Everquest Fan Fair this summer.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

I have always been a pretty staunch defender of both EverQuest games (1 & 2), but I don't really have too much faith left in SOE. Specifically, I have a bad feeling that the future of EverQuest will draw on their experience with Free Realms. 

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by LadyAlibi

I have always been a pretty staunch defender of both EverQuest games (1 & 2), but I don't really have too much faith left in SOE. Specifically, I have a bad feeling that the future of EverQuest will draw on their experience with Free Realms. 

Idd, I just expect more solo ez mode theme park junk with a cash shop now from SOE. They will just slap the EQ brand on it and hope for the best.

My hope for the next spiritual successer to EQ to be Rift: Planes of Telera. I think it's somehting all SOE alienated EQ fans should at least look at.

• akahdrinakahdrin Member Posts: 17

We can only hope that the new eq comes out.  Nothing is really out =(

Currently playing Everquest on Project1999

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

I was hoping to hear more about EN at E3, however we may have to wait till Fan Fair.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett