Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow another hack and slash mmo

BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

So today I checked the game list and there were 2 new games this and erebus: trivia reborn (haven't checked it yet) and after seeing divine's pictures I said to myself meh must be some ordinary game but nope the game looks like it has hack and slash combat and the graphics are better then the pics here.

Here's a video showing gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ytQL2obDQ&NR=1

The only bad thing I found atm is that classes are gender locked and limited character customizations but at least slowly they are adding new stuff like you can make your character's hair color how you want and something similar for their skin too.

And yeah last but not least... 1st! :P

I know this game is not out yet and I'm just hyping a game that could be bad but the more hack and slash mmos that appear the better to me :P

Comments

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Actually here you can see the graphics in 720p quality. Have you played the game? Does it support gamepad?

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• obscuredobscured Member UncommonPosts: 62

Hello there.

You'll notice that both of the games are published by the same company, Outspark, which I find pretty interesting, a new company joins the MMO competition with 2 greats f2p games.

This is kinda how Perfect World started too.

Those 2 games seems VERY interesting and different than other games, it brings a different and more fun way of playing with the unique combat system, just like dekaron (2moons) did.

i've signed up for the beta, can't wait to try them

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Originally posted by scuubeedoo

Actually here you can see the graphics in 720p quality. Have you played the game? Does it support gamepad?

I was saying the pics here can be a bit miss leading on how it really looks.

And nope I haven't tried it yet I just saw it this morning when I was browsing this site hehe.

You can register to have a chance in closed beta.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by obscured

Hello there.

You'll notice that both of the games are published by the same company, Outspark, which I find pretty interesting, a new company joins the MMO competition with 2 greats f2p games.

This is kinda how Perfect World started too.

Those 2 games seems VERY interesting and different than other games, it brings a different and more fun way of playing with the unique combat system, just like dekaron (2moons) did.

i've signed up for the beta, can't wait to try them

Eh, Outspark is far from a "New company". They've been around for a few years, with their first game being Fiesta online.

As for Travia, basic looking Diablo clone.

Divine Soul however, appears to be something akin to a 3D version of Dungeon Fighters Online, which I like.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

The info, screenshots, and video for this all leave me with an impression of an almost "console" type game, heh.

Doesn't have to be an obvious choice like .hack either, lots of titles you could plug into it and say "You know, it seems kind of like..."

Hmm interesting though, change is always good.

• SogenFallenSogenFallen Member Posts: 1

Does anybody know where I can find a key or two for it?

<_<

(>O_O)> Gimme Chur Cookehs~! *-*

• MartinmasMartinmas Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by SogenFallen

Does anybody know where I can find a key or two for it?

<_<

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/203/Divine-Souls-Closed-Beta-Key-Giveaway.html

• SolatarSolatar Member UncommonPosts: 46

Anyone else having a time getting it to run?
    I downloaded it right after I got my key here and it seems to be missing a file.
    The shortcuts are pointing to "apollo.exe" which doesn't exist, and the only other executable is client.exe which wants you to launch via the 'launcher'.
    Oh well, another failed start.

Originally posted by Solatar

Anyone else having a time getting it to run?

I downloaded it right after I got my key here and it seems to be missing a file.

The shortcuts are pointing to "apollo.exe" which doesn't exist, and the only other executable is client.exe which wants you to launch via the 'launcher'.

Oh well, another failed start.

Eh, after a while the game finally decided to start working...

But how well is the question. I just cant play this game with a mouse and/or keyboard. I'm curious if anyone here has played with a console controller and how well that worked for yall.

• WolfsFangWolfsFang Member Posts: 2

you can use a xbox 360 remote, just hit F7 on the keyboard and bam... F6 is mouse to attack and F5 is for keyboard attacking

Originally posted by WolfsFang

you can use a xbox 360 remote, just hit F7 on the keyboard and bam... F6 is mouse to attack and F5 is for keyboard attacking

I'd try that, but I only have wireless 360 controllers. Heard that ps3 controllers work, but only to varying degrees of success.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Patching 1 of 2... But there's no bar or indication anywhere showing any sign of progress. Am I on the right track?

I don't know about gender locked races. Seems like the male melee fighter was fighting with that silly glove on his hand. That would most certainly not be cool with me lol.

Originally posted by helthros

Patching 1 of 2... But there's no bar or indication anywhere showing any sign of progress. Am I on the right track?

I don't know about gender locked races. Seems like the male melee fighter was fighting with that silly glove on his hand. That would most certainly not be cool with me lol.

Its more along the lines of a gauntlet then a glove, and if you remove it, it looks like the whole arm is mechanical.

Don't exactly like the gender-lock either though. The three spaces besides them are just different classes too sadly. As for the patching, you have to look at the play button to see it. Horrible design, the shade of blue thats slightly darker is how far along it is...

There's only 3 classes, two of which are female. 2 melee, 1 ranged it seems.

The game looks pretty good. It ran well on my old crummy pc.

I only got to play for a little before the screens started overlapping and I couldn't close them until I had to alt f4 it.

I will say this, that first little trial run and the first 5 minutes I played were actually pretty fun! I immediately scrambled to try to setup my xbox 360 controller, but alas if you're connecting a wireless you need some silly adapter. I'm going back in for round two. I'm worried about bugs and lack of content/grinding. I did see some LFG spams in the short time I was there so hopefully that's a good sign.

Originally posted by helthros

There's only 3 classes, two of which are female. 2 melee, 1 ranged it seems.

The game looks pretty good. It ran well on my old crummy pc.

I only got to play for a little before the screens started overlapping and I couldn't close them until I had to alt f4 it.

I will say this, that first little trial run and the first 5 minutes I played were actually pretty fun! I immediately scrambled to try to setup my xbox 360 controller, but alas if you're connecting a wireless you need some silly adapter. I'm going back in for round two. I'm worried about bugs and lack of content/grinding. I did see some LFG spams in the short time I was there so hopefully that's a good sign.

Yeah, Slasher (female with chainsword, mid-range fighter I presume), Fighter (short-range male), and mage-gunner. I do hate when things get gender-locked like that, its rather restrictive to me, and the customization desperately needs more options.

So far for me at least, the keyboard has been managable. I've soloed easy-hard on everything up to and including Forest of Silence (the lvl 9 dungeon). However a gamepad seems to be more and more required, as its a little awkward to control with mouse.

As for the game, its essentially a 3D version of Dungeon Fighters Online, which is a great game as well. It suffers from the gender-lock and customization issues as well though, but its easier to play with a keyboard.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

My first impression was "Hey, an other Diablo clone" when I looked at their website. Looks like I wasn't that far off. But I gotta say, the graphics do look nice...

Though I didn't go far yet, I will give it some more attention ;)

The gameplay is actually pretty fun. It plays like Guild Wars with the hubs(city), and then you go into a dungeon where you can ramp up the difficulty.

I haven't played in a group yet but the solo play has been really fun. The combos you can put together are pretty fun. Do a couple of ground attacks, jump kick them into there air where I bash them some more times, then if I want I can land on him with my back or catch him before I slam him down and throw him down into the ground instead.

Good fun as far as combat is concerned. I don't know what it will offer in terms of immersion, but the fighting was fun for now.

The mouse/keyboard controls were really solid. I almost liked it better than the xbox controller (got my hands on a wired one). The deal breaker on the xbox controller is thta the right stick is inverted (no control changing options in beta it seems).

With that said, would anyone know how to invert the stick with a third party device or maybe something I can do with windows alone? Thanks in advance.

• EtherniaEthernia Member Posts: 104

Currently i'm level a level 18 slasher, the current level cap is 40, it's taken me about 8 hrs or less to get to 18, xp curve doesn't seem to bad.

The model designs are really good, both on your charachter and the enemy mobs but the environment in alot of paces is a bit of a let down, re-using the same base environment for different instances, just adding additional areas, with easy/normal/hard modes on each instance being unlocked when you complete the earlier difficulty.

Gear drops seem strange, been getting lvl 5 gear drops in level 15 instances, so perhaps some work to be done there.

Had a chat with one of the GM's for the game, they said they would be looking at adding gender unlocks, but probaly via the cash shop. Also adding a priest class soon.

The combat system is something i like about the game, with both a mouse/keyboard combo system (think lmb/rmb/e/f) and an ability system, place it on the hotbar, use, like a typical mmo. Every 5 levels you get access to new gear from a vendor, then the drops from instances are green(1 stat), blue (multiple stats) and epic (haven't gotten one yet).

Theres also an instanced PVP system, but i haven't managed to actualy get a game to work, but theres a ladder system inside of there honor/rank etc too.

Overall, if you are looking for something quick and fun to get into, perhaps with a friend or 2, it's a pretty good choice, i'm just not sure of its longetivity.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

If in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

Apparently cbt only lasts through till wednesday (july 21'st). I wouldn't get too attached. I was bummed out :(