Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Peregrine Glove Thingy

sanitysendsanitysend Member Posts: 123

http://theperegrine.com/product/

What do you guys think? Looks pretty neat... Maybe a gimmick, but a cool one never-the-less.

Think im gonna order it, why not. Probably will rock with photoshop as well. tablet + gloves = sex

Interest anyone?

(yes i found out about it from the ad on this site)

Wildstar:
Phantazm, Pago(PvP), Exiles

Guild: Socks with Sandals

Playing: Wildstar
Retired/Tried: DCUO. The Secret World, Darkfall UW, Darkfall, Mortal Online, DDO, Rift, Fallen Earth, Aion, APB, EQ, EQ2, PoTBS, WoW, WAR, SWG, CoX, Vangaurd, CO, GW, EVE, DAoC, LotRO, SW:ToR, GW2, Dragon Nest

Comments

• kernsybalkernsybal Member Posts: 2

So yeah, the PG looks freakishly awesome, and as far as the hardware goes you're basically touching sensors together that makes it function like a button or hotkey.

But here's the rub...

Preordered 1 month ago today -- still no glove. I'm fairly patient, but for $129 (preorder price) I'd hope for a little faster service.

Anyway, not to hijack OP's thread -- but anyone else waiting for theirs? Opinions on what you've seen so far?

Although I plan on using it extensively for gaming, I'm also a webdesign student and am looking forward to how I might integrate it with Photoshop, etc.

Maybe I'll get my golden email today that says it's on its way. ;)

• sanitysendsanitysend Member Posts: 123

Hijack away my good friend. I am still waiting on mine and becoming increasingly frustrated each day.

I've send a good amount of emails and the replies have all been some "each glove is being tested by our quality control people and being sent as soon as...." blah blah fucking blah.

Not cool at all.

And I also agree, the photoshop and web design uses have me more excited than the gaming really.

Hope we get it soon....

Wildstar:
    Phantazm, Pago(PvP), Exiles

Guild: Socks with Sandals

Playing: Wildstar
    Retired/Tried: DCUO. The Secret World, Darkfall UW, Darkfall, Mortal Online, DDO, Rift, Fallen Earth, Aion, APB, EQ, EQ2, PoTBS, WoW, WAR, SWG, CoX, Vangaurd, CO, GW, EVE, DAoC, LotRO, SW:ToR, GW2, Dragon Nest

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Gimmick + Viral Marketing + LEDs + Glove = The Peregrine Glove

Nothing more. I think it looks and sounds pretty retarded, just like the Power Glove in the 80's.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Originally posted by TheHatter

Gimmick + Viral Marketing + LEDs + Glove = The Peregrine Glove

Nothing more. I think it looks and sounds pretty retarded, just like the Power Glove in the 80's.

The main thing about the power glove was the motion sensing.  The Peregrine Glove doesn't even have that even though we actually have the technology to make it work well.

Really, this just looks like a bunch of buttons places all over your fingers.  How is that suppose to actually be helpful?  I don't see how it is any kind of improvement over a keyboard (which provides a lot more easy-access buttons with less motion required).

• biofellisbiofellis Member UncommonPosts: 511

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775

Wish they'd focus on the corporate market instead.. Be nice for my wrist not to be tied to the mouse 7-9 hours a day.

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

PC gamer gave this glove a 25/100 rating saying do not waste your money on it.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

PC gamer just reviewed this and gave it a pretty low score actually. Said it was terrible trying to play games as for games such as shooters, because you have to keep touching to different parts, you cant do things such as sprint/switch weapons at the same time. For MMO's they said for games with a lot of skills its useless because you will never remember where everything is, and for quick turning and stuff like that its just terrible.

• NinjaClawzNinjaClawz Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Xerith

PC gamer just reviewed this and gave it a pretty low score actually. Said it was terrible trying to play games as for games such as shooters,.

The glove looks great to me, Remember people, It is supposed to be supplemental to enhance game play not be the replacement for keyboard. Thats why they made it so skin tight so you could type with it on and use it as extra buttons you dont have to reach for. Its looks like a fun & neat idea! =)

Peregrine should market it as such tho to avoid this confusion tho. lol
    Hope this helps,
    NinjaClaw =)
  • kernsybalkernsybal Member Posts: 2

An update: my glove is in the mail. I'll post my thoughts after I get it and play with it a bit.

• XersuesXersues Member Posts: 40