Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the game

PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

So I tried out FE a while ago and I loved it to death. Unfortunately my internet was lousy and I didn't have the money or time. But now I DO have the money, time, and internet. So the question I pose is how's the game doing? I looked over the latest patch notes and have been wandering their forums of late and two things stuck out: vehicle crafting experience cuts, and item fatigue. So besides just "how's the game doing in general?" I wouldn't mind some info on the two problems mentioned above since the exp cuts were fairly major and there seemed to be massive balancing issues with the fatigue system. So how're those working out? Do the exp cuts cripple crafters? Do items wear out too fast? Give me information. Thanks much!

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

No to both of your questions.

The exp cuts on books etc will impact the offline alt crafters that were levelling in parallel, not the main crafters. If you use your character just to login, set material queues and logout, then you'll see him getting less exp out of it. If you use a crafter as a main, that also runs quests and is activelly engaged in the world, you won't see much of a difference.

Fatigue affects items from level 30 and above. Regardless, it only affects people in the end level (46), because anywhere before that and you end up replacing those gears long before they are fatigued. From what the veterans are posting on the forums, fatigue degradation is slow and you won't have to restore/replace an armor for 1-2 months. Weapons degrade faster, but nowhere near as fast as it would become a problem. For the record, gear were degrading in the test servers in a much accelerated way.

Besides the above, there is a new patch coming on the 7th of May that revamps the combat system in a major way. The feedback from the test server are positive, although people are still cautious regarding the long term implications. Besides that, new areas are introduced and the level cap is raised to 50.

• Justarius1Justarius1 Member Posts: 381

They are also finally allowing respecs!

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Originally posted by Justarius1

I read something more like:

They changed some of the impact of attributes, as such some builds don't work anymore. And since they don't want highly played chars suddenly stay useless, each player gets an item he can use at any time to once respec.

Or did I miss something else?

I personally like this more than having a forced respec now. My lower chars ain't that badly effected by this attribute change, so they can keep their respec-item and use it some time later.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Originally posted by Justarius1

Actually, not yet, at least not in the way you envision respecs.

The upcoming 1.4 patch (due on 7th May) will bring fundamental changes on the whole combat mechanic, thus they are giving players the opportunity to redesign their characters. That's a one time offer specifically due to the patch changes. You can activate the respec at any time, so if you feel like doing it one month down the line you can.

The above mentioned respec affects both skills and stats. The developers are considering offering a limited respec in the future, but that will only affect skills, not stats. No ETA on that though.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Sweet! Thanks for the info! As soon as classes end next week I am deffinitely getting back in then. FE is seriously the best MMO I have ever played. L<3ve it! May as well ask this too: is melee effective end game?

A bit too effective at the moment actually, the whole idea is to balance the game a bit more after the patch. Whether they succeed remains to be seen.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Meh. Oh well. Thanks for all the help, Xas.