Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What IP is next?

Well in my time in MMO gaming, I've experienced, the galaxies experience (galaxies 1,2 and 3..) LOTRO, The Matrix online, star trek online and with SwTOR coming. I can't help but wonder, whats next for MMO gaming?

Please post reasoning with your responses/idea's.

:)

Longing for Skyrim, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3

Comments

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

It won't be called Avatar of course, the movie is set to be a Triology and I doubt all 3 movies will take place on the moon the first one did.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

I don't want to think about what IP will be butchered next. It makes me sad.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Cthulu, World of Darkness, DC Comics, Warhammer 40k are next along with a bunch of originals.  Wheel of time also may be up and coming.  The question is what IP will Cryptic get their paws on and bend over.  Pray it's not one of your favorites.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

I really hope CCP goes through with the MMO based on the White Wolf PnP game.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

300, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Clash of the Titans

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

Mechwarrior

we need a sci-fi mmo that not spaceship-centric

chances of it happening - never  :(

Originally posted by Rodentofdoom

Mechwarrior

It does seem that we could use a good Mech MMO on the market.

Originally posted by sapphen

Hmm....

That's actually not a bad idea, not those IPs per say but the genre.

An MMO world in the time of Rome, basically something like Rome Total War but as an MMO.  Hey, it could happen I mean shit Warcraft was originally an RTS turned into an MMO.

• ButtermilchButtermilch Member Posts: 208

There is Neocron... check it out. There are no space ships.

To OP:

I'd like to see Shadowrun as an MMO. Would be sick! :D

The Dark Eye would be nice too... having a very medieval world with less magic than WoW and sorts.

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

.......Harry Potter.....!!

Originally posted by Lunny08

I could see that as a possibility, but I'm not sure their is a foundation set for a massive multiplayer experience.  But who knows.

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447

Maverz290's Fireblast does 25000 damage to Lunny08's Suggestion.

I think I fear it because it could happen.

• grafhgrafh Member UncommonPosts: 320

Originally posted by Mazin

It won't be called Avatar of course, the movie is set to be a Triology and I doubt all 3 movies will take place on the moon the first one did.

this sounds about right.

i personally would love to see some manga ip mmo's. bleach, naruto, and one piece. they all have more than enough background information to create one.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Mechwarrior

Is Perpetuum still going? That was mech-based.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447

Hmm....

An MMO world in the time of Rome, basically something like Rome Total War but as an MMO.  Hey, it could happen I mean shit Warcraft was originally an RTS turned into an MMO.

Theres that 'God's and Heroes' on the way, I'd like to try that out seeing as I love Greek Mythology.

I could see that as a possibility, but I'm not sure their is a foundation set for a massive multiplayer experience.  But who knows.

Maybe if they turned the timeline back to late 1800s.  Write in a wizard's war and you'll have a conflict.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

I am genuinely surprised that Sony hasn't shit out a Hogwarts MMO.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by grafh

this sounds about right.

i personally would love to see some manga ip mmo's. bleach, naruto, and one piece. they all have more than enough background information to create one.

I always thought Avatar: The last Airbender would make for a cool MMO.  Set it after the series into the rebuilding of the world.  Guess they would have to write in a way for the Airbenders to come back, maybe they went into hiding.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by ProfRed

Cthulu, World of Darkness, DC Comics, Warhammer 40k are next along with a bunch of originals.  Wheel of time also may be up and coming.  The question is what IP will Cryptic get their paws on and bend over.  Pray it's not one of your favorites.

I am afraid it is... They are making a Forgotten realms game right now, Neverwinter nights online :(

I just wish someone else had the right for that, anyone would be fine. But it should be impossible for them to mess that up anyways, FR is perfect for a MMO. Should.

There are many IPs that they might start on, I would guess that they will base something on Terry Goodkinds books, the serie "Legend of the seeker" is quite popular and someone is bound to want to cash in on that with a MMO.

Personally I want R.I.F.T.S and Shadowrun as MMOs, both should work well.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

I always thought Avatar: The last Airbender would make for a cool MMO.  Set it after the series into the rebuilding of the world.  Guess they would have to write in a way for the Airbenders to come back, maybe they went into hiding.

I agree. It's a good show. A good setting. The various types of magic are visually appealing.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Futurama

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• HitechLolifeHitechLolife Member Posts: 210

Tribes.

Not so much for the IP but for the combat of the first one.

I offer both my testicles. Make it so

Currently Playing: The Game

• whpshwhpsh Member Posts: 199

I'd love to see:

Firefly / Serenity

It's Grand Theft Auto / APB ... in SPACE ... guns and bar fights. Heists, posse's, and outlaw chases. Have more than one person on a ship (I'm stink eye-ing you, STO), each one choosing to focus on Psychic, Medic, Pilot, Captain, Warrior(ess ... go Zoe!), Mechanic. The factions are already decided and clearly defined. Many of the ships have already been created.  Technology versus ingenuity. Throw in some player Reavers (see below) and things get EXTREMELY interesting ...

(from above) Reavers are nasty, nasty 'people'. Let them have open PvP but, like Galaxies, come up with a system where you have to use veteran tokens in order to take over a Reaver avatar. Based on token price, you could play everything from cannon fodder to a super reaver. All XP gained applies towards some special XP bar for different rewards useable by one character per account, or even just decorations for your ship.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Maverz290
    Well in my time in MMO gaming, I've experienced, the galaxies experience (galaxies 1,2 and 3..) LOTRO, The Matrix online, star trek online and with SwTOR coming. I can't help but wonder, whats next for MMO gaming?
    Please post reasoning with your responses/idea's.
    :)

I really like how this thread is full of reasoned suggestions instead of turning into a wishlist :)

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Maverz290

Hmm....

Theres that 'God's and Heroes' on the way, I'd like to try that out seeing as I love Greek Mythology.

I was in the closed beta for this game during its first trip around the block and I have to say it was actually pretty fun for what they had completed.  I'm looking forward to its resurection.