Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HEALERS ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Did any of you read the comics?  Why would he not fight without his dedicated healer if there was none?

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Umm, I don't think you are understanding that comic the right way. They are poking fun at the traditional mmo (the orcs) there.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

They wanted to say that any proffesion can be a healer,not like in other mmorpgs where they have choosed one to be a healer.Like the monk in guild wars 1.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

In GW1 every class could equip some kind of heal spell , or several. So any class could heal.

Thats what the comic is about.

I am sure Monks will be in GW2 - and they are dedicated healers (if the spec that way)

• OnyxBMWOnyxBMW Member Posts: 207

Ehh...potentially.

With a dedicated heal-only slot, there's no necessity, arguably, for healers within the game.

That said, the monk was a pretty popular class, for all 3 styles it could play as, and I doubt they'd just outright scrap it, though I would somewhat expect them to move slightly further away from the "dedicated healer" role that they were loosely tied to in GW1.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by Lobotomist

In GW1 every class could equip some kind of heal spell , or several. So any class could heal.

I am sure Monks will be in GW2 - and they are dedicated healers (if the spec that way)

No,didnkt you read my psot above? its not about gw1,then you had second proffesion and GW2 will not offer that. In GW2 all proffesions will have healing skills,so all proffesion is a healer if you build it with right skills.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Most classes in GW1 had some sort of heal or mitigation skills to keep them alive long enough to get a heal. Adding a bit of survivability went a long way.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by SweetZoid

Originally posted by Lobotomist

No,didnkt you read my psot above? its not about gw1,then you had second proffesion and GW2 will not offer that. In GW2 all proffesions will have healing skills,so all proffesion is a healer if you build it with right skills.

BUT there will still be a dedicated healer who excels at healing. SWG has this system, Everyone can heal but the medic is much more useful for keeping you all alive.

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Mending wammos ftw lololol

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."