Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon 2.0

TheAncientTheAncient Member Posts: 67

From http://www.alganon.com/index/new-features 07/04/10 - may change like the forums.

Nowhere did I read Alganon reached 1.0 before it suddenly reached 2.0

"Aganon Version 2.0 will feature our first release of instanced content.  These instances will allow parties of brave adventurers to tackle advanced content with challenging boss encounters and exciting new loot!  There are new quests to complete, new places to explore and new creatures to test the mettle of players of every level.  New artificial intelligence (AI) and all-new monster actions will challenge the adventurer and provide a compelling and re-playable experience."

Has anyone beta tested these places? I know pre - "now called soft launch" nobody on public beta did?

Does anyone know anymore where this game is?

Comments

• HakiemHakiem Member Posts: 35

There has been no player testing of the Featured instances.

I expect there'll be a lot of downtime after their release, won't that be fun.

Just Me,

Tim

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

http://www.alganon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4852-instances-feedback/

If you were actually PLAYING the game, you'd know.

[Mod edit]

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• JergisJergis Member UncommonPosts: 38

-So your proof that it doesn't need downtime or testing would be...

...6 players in the forums reporting that bugs in the instances cause mobs not yet even graphically rendered to aggro, draw distances to be poor and other code-related bugs including "can't do that in combat" on combat actions.

Wouldn't those be code issues that testing or downtime could address?

Of course not. Just because Hakiem said it likely will need downtime due to lack of testing doesn't mean he hates you, your family or QOL. If yer gonna waste QOLs money coming on this site just to pick a fight about one person's opinion as to lack of testing, at least bring a bigger stick next time. The act is getting old.

Jergis

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by dsmart

[Mod edit]

NOBODY is playing your game. They don't have a reason to. I'm not paying $25 for a cash shop game that has went through multiple launches and got horrible feedback every time. 

Nobody is going to shell out $25 to see if you guys improved what was a mess. If I eat at a burger joint and I get food poisoning, I don't go buy it again just to see.

And why on earth would you come attack someone asking a question about your game on 3rd Party forums? Way to encourage them to buy your game and pay your salary! Incredible community interaction.

Derek, MMOs are different than most games. They rely on subscriptions. You won't keep it afloat off box sales. Nobody is going to a) purchase your game when you respond like this or b) actually subscribe to it.

• ElmarollyElmarolly Member Posts: 60

Ehh no Mr Smrt. If is you that needs to play your game.  The instances are beyond buggy. Nothing like standing on walls and have mobs run around you and you can pick them off with out taking damage. Or how about zoning in and you can not even see the mobs and they agro you from far away. Even better the mobs still attack from under the ground.

Those are just a few. Heck the Instances are at best Alpha. Hakiem is so very right about no real players testing of the instances. But then there was more people at QOL playing the game then actually players. So I can see why there was no real player testing of the instances.

Oh well. Nice to see Smrt is making his way around the mmo sites. Makes me feel all warm inside when his posts get deleted or modded. Ahh Karma is a bitch.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Elmarolly

Hakiem is so very right about no real players testing of the instances. But then there was more people at QOL playing the game then actually players. So I can see why there was no real player testing of the instances.

Exactly. Who cares whether they were tested or not, you only need to test things and make sure they work if someone is actually going to play them.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Originally posted by dsmart

[Mod edit]

This guy literally posts EVERYWHERE.  How in the world does he get any real work done considering how much he posts on forums, and many times the walls of text are so huge it must take 30 minutes or more to come up with it. 

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

That question is its own answer, isn't it?