Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion Worlds

So yeah, this company comes out of nowhere ready to start producing 3 different MMOs, one of which I am particularly interested in.

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/games/syfy-action-mmo.php

This has really gotten my attention, a MMO that influences a TELEVISION SHOW. Leave it to SyFy to do some crazy s**t like that.

Comments

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

Yeah these guys have a lot of great ideas, I just hope they can deliver.

I've been doing some reading about their Rift game and was quite excited to see that they are creating a 'nearly seamless world' with 'minimum instancing'. Both games look great visually as well :)

• yoyounixyoyounix Member Posts: 17

I saw that as well, maybe we'll see something at the next E3. This is really exciting me to the point of fanboydom, but I haven't crossed that line yet. This could really be the BIG turning point of MMOs. Im definately looking forward to hearing more.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Originally posted by yoyounix

I saw that as well, maybe we'll see something at the next E3. This is really exciting me to the point of fanboydom, but I haven't crossed that line yet. This could really be the BIG turning point of MMOs. Im definately looking forward to hearing more.

I agree. I think Trion could quite possibly be the games company that finally gives the stagnating mmo genre the kick up the arse that it has needed for a long time. It seems pretty obvious to me that they have correctly pinpointed the areas of this genre that are clearly lacking.

Firstly their Rifts: Planes of Telara mmo aims to bring dynamic content that allows players to shape the game world. The only other company I see that is trying to do this is Arenanet with their Guildwars 2. Their other game is End of Nations, the first mmorts game to ever get made. Those two titles alone are extremely impressive. The fact that they have a third one in progress that works alongside a sci-fi television programme is beyond impressive.

My interest in mmos has actually been renewed now because for years I have not seen a single mmo that is worth paying any attention to.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

A very impressive piece of this is that all 3 look to be releasing in 2011.  They basically have 3-4 studios where 1 does the base engine and netcode and the others create each of these games simultaneously.  The next couple years should be huge for MMO's, and we really need huge.

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

Originally posted by ProfRed

A very impressive piece of this is that all 3 look to be releasing in 2011.  They basically have 3-4 studios where 1 does the base engine and netcode and the others create each of these games simultaneously.  The next couple years should be huge for MMO's, and we really need huge.

I believe the Syfy one is releasing in 2012. I was watching interviews with Scott Hartsman on youtube last night and I believe he said 2 would be released in 2011 and the 3rd in 2012. If thats not the interview I apologize and I'll try to track it down.

• mhoward48mhoward48 Member UncommonPosts: 99

The SyFy one looks interesting. Right now I am very excited about the Rift one. Really looking forward to that game.

• ButtermilchButtermilch Member Posts: 208

I'm just curious on how Trion managed to get all the funds for THREE games at once. I didn't know them before all this. I hope they didn't do any illegal actions to achieve the funds...I