Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars2 Leak?

luckypotatoluckypotato Member Posts: 251

For those of you who dont know, only Elementalist (class) is confirmed so far. But this picture may tell a different story. What do YOU think?

Comments

• ButtermilchButtermilch Member Posts: 208

It's not a leak because that Screenshot is official material.

It can be a "hint" at best. And well... yes I assume they will continue to have ranger, necro and monk. These classes were done very well.

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

My opinion from left to right:

1. Ranger (or Paragon?)

2. Elementalist (the chick on the back)

3. Necro

4. Dervish

5. Ranger

6. Mesmer

7. Assassin (or Monk?)

Worth reading on this subject: http://huntersinsight.wordpress.com/2010/01/02/classes-of-guild-wars-2/

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

geez the sshot look so manga /cartoonnish

BestSigEver :P

• DittoDitto Member Posts: 84

I really do not see any anime/manga influences here to be honest.It looks like somthing from a Disney film or camerons avatar going by the design.

• NightAngellNightAngell Member Posts: 566
    Originally posted by Ditto

I really do not see any anime/manga influences here to be honest.It looks like somthing from a Disney film or camerons avatar going by the design.

What is the point of you digging this up? One has to question your motive.

Anyway, mod alert....
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

No, there is certainly some manga/anime influence, you mostly see it the way male characters are represented. Traditionally western male hero's are extremely masculine and by in large still are if you look at Hollywood movies. Japanese hero's tend to have this feminine quality about them at least to western eyes although they do have their share of masculine characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bish%C5%8Dnen

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Arakazi

No, there is certainly some manga/anime influence, you mostly see it the way male characters are represented. Traditionally western male hero's are extremely masculine and by in large still are if you look at Hollywood movies. Japanese hero's tend to have this feminine quality about them at least to western eyes although they do have their share of masculine characters.

This only works until Koss jumps out of nowhere, Jack Norris style, and start braggin about how he escaped a bunch of Kournans and then starts dancing ala John Travolta... I bet GW2 will be both western and eastern inspired as it was the case with the original.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

Originally posted by NightAngell

What is the point of you digging this up? One has to question your motive. Anyway, mod alert....

"Dig this up"  ,"a motive? ?

Are you like screwed in the head or something 0-o

Good luck with that mod alert too ( i cant for the live of me think of a reason to alert a mod here tho)

Must be my Motive -_-

Originally posted by Arakazi

Sure, it doesnt have the american Brawl ala Gears of war :)

But looking at that did not strike me once as anime styled,far from it.imo not being masculine does not translate into anime for me.also western design is not always masculine.I see just as much beefy figures with deep and heavy voices in asian games/toons/movies especialy in Manga.

case in point :) .and very very similar to the GW2 designs,

Western made movie