Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needs to find a new MMORPG!!!

VicieronVicieron Member Posts: 3

New here!

I was originally not a Online gamer myself because I was primarily a Console Gamer myself but around October, a friend introduced me to Second Life. He kept telling me about all the awesome things that was in it. Now, I have a Kick-ass avatar, some really cool stuff to go with it and I built my first object. It looks like the weapon in the game Okami for the PS2.

HOWEVER! For weeks I have been running around with my super cool avatar but lo and behold! There is one problem, it is EFFING BORING!!!

I thought that there would be more stuff to do but all you can really do is to run around and just talk and buy stuff. Nothing more.

Soooo.....I got desperately bored and remembered I still had an account at FusionFall back when it was in its beta stage. Fusion Fall isnt that bad. Its slightly more engaging than Second Life. It lacks adequate combat systems, leaving you to get hit reguardless of how well you dodge. However, that is apparently fine being that it is a kids game.

I am becoming increasingly skeptical playing this when launching the game and others, more likely WoW players will turn to see cute little cartoon characters on my screen.

I want to go back to playing with the big boys now. I cant pay for subscriptions and I dont really like gore and first person shooters BUT  I wont mind playing any kind of game really.

I LOVEZ Adventure games and I was told by another friend that Blade & Soul is supposed to be good. I saw a trailer and other than the blood, I would give it a try. (as long as it doesnt cost anything)

PLEASE!!! I am DESPERATE FOR A NEW COOL ONLINE GAME!!! Does anyone have any suggestions????

Epicness paradox:

In 2012, millions of Chuck Norrises will appear out of nowhere, and Sean Connery will be fighting ninjas so that Optimus Prime can use the Matrix to kill Unicron.

And the cake will not be a lie.

-Gojiralee

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Final Fantasy 14 is my suggestion.

For having played Final Fantasy 11 (the last online installment) for 6 years, I can say it will be good.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • starfoxx31starfoxx31 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Try Runescape. The free trial will last you days of play time. No matter what you will keep coming back to it. Also its browser based and not very taxing on your computer so even low-end computers can play.

• csheadsh0tcsheadsh0t Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by starfoxx31

Try Runescape. The free trial will last you days of play time. No matter what you will keep coming back to it. Also its browser based and not very taxing on your computer so even low-end computers can play.

You cant even group in runescape, why people play it still I have no idea.  I quit playing the second I realized why I was having so much trouble inviting someone.

• x3r0hx3r0h Member Posts: 186

That is by far the dumbest suggestion I have ever heard...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Your pride, good sir, far exceeds your worth." -x3r0h

Oldest mmorpg.com member with the least amount of post counts. That counts for something, right?

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Originally posted by Hyanmen

Final Fantasy 14 is my suggestion.

How is he suppose to play that? Didn't realize it was out, yet.

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

If I understood well it has to be a free to play entirely or at least without subscription. There are a lot of f2p:

New ones, aika I think it is the last released but I think it is only european atm. If you like animeish style I would recommend grand fantasia, pretty nice and simple and the cash shop is mainly about fluffy stuff and leveling help, so it is not extremely limiting to ignore it.

Many people like DDO, and Runes of magic should be a good choice. If you are a patient person allods might be for you but end game require expending money. Anyway, nothing is completely free.

Good luck

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by csheadsh0t

You cant even group in runescape, why people play it still I have no idea.  I quit playing the second I realized why I was having so much trouble inviting someone.

Why people keep saying that....you CAN group in RuneScape. Its even better there, since you don't have to invite anyone, just start to kill together. You can share loot, and you get the same exp as you were fighting alone.

• csheadsh0tcsheadsh0t Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Sinella

Why people keep saying that....you CAN group in RuneScape. Its even better there, since you don't have to invite anyone, just start to kill together. You can share loot, and you get the same exp as you were fighting alone.

Are you serious?!? I NEVER KNEW THAT... Dude, wtf, why has no one told me this all this time I never thought that was possible Im going to give that game a try now.

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by Sinella

Are you serious?!? I NEVER KNEW THAT... Dude, wtf, why has no one told me this all this time I never thought that was possible Im going to give that game a try now.

Yes, I'm serious, in every multi-combat area you can kill monsters with other players. There are bosses which noone can kill alone, you need grouping for that. Use your own clan chat setup to share loots, it works like party chat too.  I suggest you to try not only the combat features, but other non-combat skills too. 

There is a brand new dungeoneering skill now, it came out like a week ago, you can play solo there but its much more fun with groups.

• VicieronVicieron Member Posts: 3

I really wouldn't mind playing anything about anime. I really want to play something with a plot and good gameplay.

I'm really new to Online Gaming; are there MMORPG's that have developed plots and Platforming gameplay??

Or would I only find that on Consoles?

Epicness paradox:

In 2012, millions of Chuck Norrises will appear out of nowhere, and Sean Connery will be fighting ninjas so that Optimus Prime can use the Matrix to kill Unicron.

And the cake will not be a lie.

-Gojiralee

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

like maplestory or gunbound? the former quite shitty imo

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Storyline? if you mean adventure game storylines ala monkey island: lets just say you'll be a little downhearted when you start an mmo (they tend to have pretty rudementry storyline if any, mostly your a hero that needs to save some kind of doomed world , so heres your rusty axe, get killing).  As for platforming? well the lego game coming out is full of platforming, so i guess you could try that when it comes out.

Most MMos are like this: Create a character, run a quest (which in most cases involves why you are doing what your doing) go out, collect stuff or kill stuff for that person.  Come back, get rewarded, go out do the same thing with harder stuff.

What most (i believe) MMO player look for is three things when picking an mmo:

1.  The type: anime, realistic, Asian that sorta thing.

2. style of gameplay: PVE, PVP, PVPVE, FFA looting.  The game of course can have a mash of them but whatever it favors in depends on whether someone will usually play it or not.

3. whether or not there are friends: most people will go along with a game if their guild or friends go there, as almost all mmos get boring after a while, the people make it interesting when said person runs out of content that is new.

Really if your not picky, just look through a list of free mmos: find something that may look interesting, play it, if you don't like it, you can go from there.

Second life and the like (there and such) are social games. So they tend to have almost zero combat in them.  while most other mmos tend to be the other way around. (mostly combat, light on the social)

PS: the three i listed are based off of my experiences of what I and other players look for. Reason are different for everyone so they may vary.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Dude,

I have the answer to your problem

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Free to play, great combat mechanics (where you "dodge" by moving out of the way) and it looks pretty good.

That or if you can afford to shell out the cash for Guild Wars. Other then that, it's hard to recomend a F2P. You need to keep in mind they are designed to back you into eventually using the item shops.

• NESonlineNESonline Member Posts: 11

Try Nestalgia? Here's a video preview of it. Classic console RPG imitation of Dragon Warrior / Quest.

NEStalgia - An oldschool MMORPG made with Byond Engine

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by jackeccs

like maplestory or gunbound? the former quite shitty imo

Dragonica is pretty interesting and fun...until the carpal tunnel sets in. heh

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by Vicieron

PLEASE!!! I am DESPERATE FOR A NEW COOL ONLINE GAME!!! Does anyone have any suggestions????

Yeah . .. get a job!!

: P

heh

On a more serious note, Guildwars is the funnest game that I have not had to pay monthly for. It is only like 20-30$ for the trilogy box which is what I would recommend. There are lots of players in it and it is definitely worth the money. I cannot tell you what free games are worth playing as I have money so I play the funnest ones . .. maybe santa could hook you up?

Actually there is MO that has a free beta. Do a google search for Mortal Online to find out more. I have seen many mixed reviews and have not played it myself so not sure but it is the closest game out there to what I think the funnest game is (Darkfall).

Actually Return to Castle Wolfenstein will always be my favorite free game. I am not sure if people still play it but you can get it from planetwolfenstein.com or some such?

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA