Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online makes a turn around...

ThorpeyroxThorpeyrox Member Posts: 125

The devs are now focused on devlivering you a clear vision of where they expect to go with the game by using the upcoming features page on their main website, a brilliant step forward for dev to customer communication that so many other games have lacked.

This patch has been named a miricle patch by several trolls here who seem to find it so impossible that the devs have infact updated the engine for better graphics and no desync, well only time will tell wait a week maximum and we should be able to see the results for ourselves.

New content, take a good look at the new creatures they're adding, how they are adjusting the creature population and adding new places to go to. The Devs are not stupid, they do realise the world is too empty at the moment and they're taking the correct steps to fix this but you must also remember guilds will need room to build their cities without mobs spawning inside it every 10 seconds.

Graphics are going to be improved in this impending patch although not set to 'high' as stated by a dev.

This is not a mircle just the effect of a team of developers working constantly for a month, wait for the patch and its fixes to come and then try out the game and see what you think. Trying out an unfinished product and disliking it doesn't mean you won't enjoy a more complete version, progress takes time.

For those here who claim 'hardcore' games are not for them you're backing out on adrenaline filled fights when you surpass the learning curve, auto-aim combat simply can not compare =)

Enjoy your day and I hope to see you trying Mortal Online (again) soon.

"• Update of Unreal Engine 3 and Atlas to latest build

• New network structure (fix for desync)

• Large optimization on server

• New monitoring tools (anyone using any hacking program or similar not allowed third party program or tools will be instantly permanently banned, anyone altering or hacking game files in any way will be instantly permanently banned)

• AI update

• Weapon & armor balancing

• MassiveLOD and sublevel optimization on many areas for better client performance

New content:

• Lore, a short description for each race

• New creatures added

• Creature population better adjusted to the environment

• New horse mounts (each with their own stats)

• Several new locations (caves) in Myrland

• City optimization where it’s most needed, most buildings now accessible

• Tower in Fabernum now accessible

• All new dungeons/caves have gotten a face lift to show the capability of future graphics in MO (still no high res textures yet)

Small patch shortly after April patch:

• Murder Count system updated with a short term and long term counter, one for Red Flag status and one for Stat Loss status

• Several updates to Thievery

• Bug fixes"

http://www.mortalonline.com/content/under-development

Comments

• Sirus_DSirus_D Member Posts: 16

That's great!... I think

This is just my opinion of course, but I think this would have gone over much better sans the pre-implementation fanfare, and just suprised everyone that logged on after the update... Just my 2 cents.

That is, if it does what it says it will ;)

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

These guys have the worst communication of any company I have ever dealt with.  I'm not even going to touch how they simply don't respond to a large chunk of emails sent to supprt.. or respond to the support requests on their forums. Instead I will simply point you to:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/38415-sv-planning-charge-us-monthly-even-when-not-got-game-installed-7.html#post828251

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/38415-sv-planning-charge-us-monthly-even-when-not-got-game-installed-6.html#post827695

It's been almost 3 weeks since those folks promised a response... but we haven't seen one.  Not even a simply acknowledgement of the hundred of followup messages asking for an update...

Or you can even more simply just refer to their FAQ:

http://www.mortalonline.com/faq#q15

Q: When will it be released?

A: Mortal Online is scheduled for release during April 2010. See Latest Announcement

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ThorpeyroxThorpeyrox Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

These guys have the worst communication of any company I have ever dealt with.  I'm not even going to touch how they simply don't respond to a large chunk of emails sent to supprt.. or respond to the support requests on their forums. Instead I will simply point you to:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/38415-sv-planning-charge-us-monthly-even-when-not-got-game-installed-7.html#post828251

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/38415-sv-planning-charge-us-monthly-even-when-not-got-game-installed-6.html#post827695

It's been almost 3 weeks since those folks promised a response... but we haven't seen one.  Not even a simply acknowledgement of the hundred of followup messages asking for an update...

A: Mortal Online is scheduled for release during April 2010. See Latest Announcement

The fact was SV was never planning to charge people, it's a clear system in MMO's where you select a payment plan, enter your card details and then they charge you. SV never made you choose a payment plan therefore had no intention of charging you. How people came to the conclusion that started those threads is beyond me but it's certain their IQ isn't very high.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Originally posted by Thorpeyrox

The fact was SV was never planning to charge people, it's a clear system in MMO's where you select a payment plan, enter your card details and then they charge you. SV never made you choose a payment plan therefore had no intention of charging you. How people came to the conclusion that started those threads is beyond me but it's certain their IQ isn't very high.

If that is the case then why is this the last response from SV (19 days ago) as linked above?

Old 10th April 2010, 18:09

Maerlyn vbmenu_register("postmenu_827695", true);

Community Manager

Rep Power: 17 Maerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to all

As I mentioned on the forums and the IRC before - I am fully aware of both the situation and the reason why some people feel upset about this.

I brought this up with management and I expect to be able to give you an official statement/update about this next week.

~ Teh law ~ Counselor Program ~

In omnibus requiem quaesivi et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro

Nothing screams "owned" like the chilly autumn breeze on your buttocks at the priest stone... -Milarepa

Maerlyn is offline Add to Maerlyn's Reputation vbrep_register("827695")Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

For those here who claim 'hardcore' games are not for them you're backing out on adrenaline filled fights when you surpass the learning curve, auto-aim combat simply can not compare =)

No, what I'm backing out of is a game that has full looting at its core, that's just not for me.

True, I play EVE which has looting, but in its case while looting is possible, its not necessarily probable or frequent, so I can manage my losses.

So while I'm glad to see that MO is making progress, the genre needs more good games that offer this sort of experience, I'll have to pass on it I think.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

If that is the case then why is this the last response from SV (19 days ago) as linked above?

Old 10th April 2010, 18:09

Maerlyn vbmenu_register("postmenu_827695", true);

Community Manager

Rep Power: 17 Maerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to allMaerlyn is a name known to all

As I mentioned on the forums and the IRC before - I am fully aware of both the situation and the reason why some people feel upset about this.

I brought this up with management and I expect to be able to give you an official statement/update about this next week.

~ Teh law ~ Counselor Program ~

In omnibus requiem quaesivi et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro

Nothing screams "owned" like the chilly autumn breeze on your buttocks at the priest stone... -Milarepa

Maerlyn is offline Add to Maerlyn's Reputation vbrep_register("827695")Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Him knowing why some people are upset doesn't equate to them actually planning on charging you. People are/were upset becuase it says 're-new' however the payments are not handled by SV and are handled by some sort of vendor company who can't charge you until you enter your details and choose a payment option/plan. People are just ignorant in this case it seems.

• LuckyRLuckyR Member UncommonPosts: 260

Are you an SV employee? If not how can you come here and say what their intent was/is?

Originally posted by LuckyR

Are you an SV employee? If not how can you come here and say what their intent was/is?

1.) The payment isn't handled by SV directly

2.) You MUST select a payment plan before being charged

3.) The first month is FREE anyway

The only reason this post was made is because some person with a terribly low IQ cried and threw the toys out of the pram before thinking.

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

There is an existing thread on this topic. Please continue all discussion here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/276594/Mortal-Patch-News.html

Locked.

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.