Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope this game have several high lvl gear dropping NMs at release

swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266

I'm not talking about HNM but those nasty high lvl NM's that took 2-3 groups to kill, NMs like  hakutaku and charybdis.  I feel NM's like those will give us something to do til the real high lvl end game in a expansion comes.  I also feel there will be a lvl cap like in XI and they will raise it in another expansion, so I'm not expecting any type of real end game.  I would also love to see some story type mission bosses drop some good loot, give people a motive to help someone complete a mission they already done.

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by swalker23

I'm not talking about HNM but those nasty high lvl NM's that took 2-3 groups to kill, NMs like  hakutaku and charybdis.  I feel NM's like those will give us something to do til the real high lvl end game in a expansion comes.  I also feel there will be a lvl cap like in XI and they will raise it in another expansion, so I'm not expecting any type of real end game.  I would also love to see some story type mission bosses drop some good loot, give people a motive to help someone complete a mission they already done.

Raising the cap doesn't have to go hand in hand with expansion packs, they'll probably do it the similar way as in XI and release them in version updates. 

Endgame will not be important because most people will not get there anytime soon. Those who do will get bored and quit, which is their own fault entirely.

I would not be surprised to see a similar trend to add-on missions where you get keys for helping out that can be traded for gears with random stats attached, some good, some bad.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I agree and hope they have NMs like that as well in FFXIV. The thing that made NMs like Charybdis and HNMs like the god-trio so much fun was that they were out in the open world, contested spawns, and not just packed into an instance. I really really hope that SE doesn't throw everything into an instance like is the trend these days, I'm fine with missions being instanced, but leave some of the fun NMs and HNMs out in the open world to be contested.

Originally posted by Jimmydea

I agree and hope they have NMs like that as well in FFXIV. The thing that made NMs like Charybdis and HNMs like the god-trio so much fun was that they were out in the open world, contested spawns, and not just packed into an instance. I really really hope that SE doesn't throw everything into an instance like is the trend these days, I'm fine with missions being instanced, but leave some of the fun NMs and HNMs out in the open world to be contested.

As long as there's more Stroper Chyme and less Morbolger =/.

• swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266

Originally posted by Hyanmen

Originally posted by Jimmydea

As long as there's more Stroper Chyme and less Morbolger =/.

Rofl

I agree with you to Jimmy.  I hope everything isn't instanced, I had some pissed off moments in AoC trying to find group members in different instances during the first few months.

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

Sure as long as they don't have a week spawn time with a 24 hour window.... not going through that again.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

I'd love to see some world spawn NMs to take down as long as SE makes their spawn times a lot more regular and changes their spawn patterns so that they can't be camped (i.e. have them spawn in any one of multiple locations).

I'm hoping they don't add much in terms of endgame content though... I really liked FFXI's horizontal advancement and since XIV will undoubtedly have a few level cap increases they'd have to save any endgame content for the intended final level cap. Just whatever happens I hope they don't take any ideas from tiered gear progression based endgames of western MMOs... I really don't enjoy that.

The hardcore players would either get bored and quit or else they can work on other classes. Unlike XI where only a few subjobs were seen as viable, XIV's skill system would suggest to me that to perfect your character you'd have to cap every single class to gain access to all available skills. That alone should keep most hardcore players busy for a long time.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Raising the cap doesn't have to go hand in hand with expansion packs, they'll probably do it the similar way as in XI and release them in version updates. 

I thought the cap was raised from 60 to 75, with "raise of the zilart" expansion. When FFXI released in japan there was no RoZ. That came 6 months after JP rleases, which was NA release, I think that is what the OP is refering to.

Anyways I hope instances are only used for personal quest/story missions. I agree with the op, give us some open world boss NM's.

Farming triggers to spawn a boss is also a much better approach to making bosses more accsessable to everyone.  With triggers you dont loose the feeling of a world and your group still gets the boss. 

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• KupoKupopoKupoKupopo Member Posts: 189

Originally posted by toddze

I thought the cap was raised from 60 to 75, with "raise of the zilart" expansion. When FFXI released in japan there was no RoZ. That came 6 months after JP rleases, which was NA release, I think that is what the OP is refering to.

Anyways I hope instances are only used for personal quest/story missions. I agree with the op, give us some open world boss NM's.

Farming triggers to spawn a boss is also a much better approach to making bosses more accsessable to everyone.  With triggers you dont loose the feeling of a world and your group still gets the boss. 

Wrong.

When "Rise of the Zilart" was released, it raised the level cap only to 65 initially.  Level caps were later raised to 70 and later 75 through version updates just like Hyanmen said.

Source:

My memory

and

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:News/RoZ

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I still don't understand why the first few things on many gamers minds for a new MMO is what will end-game be like or this thread, "sure hope there are high lvl NMs to fight right away!"  Slow down, enjoy the journey, explore every corner of the world, stop on occassion and be social with a friendly fishing venture with another or several other players along a cliff overlooking Limsa Lominsa, lvl multiple jobs and skills early on, or even take on a craft or two and master it per region as you skill up.

What is the reason behind rushing to the cap, to be first?  Is that like being the first numnut to post "first" in a new topic...rofl  And sure you can go back and do much of what you prolly passed up later on, on your maxed job or switch to a lower one but why not slowly discover these things the first time and many times thereafter....anyway...I guess I'll never understand this urgency to to max out and then sit at the cap with little to do. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by Jimmydean

So you like 'contested' open world spawns eh? So then you'd be fine if other groups could attack/interrupt/grief you while your fighting said spawns correct?

Didn't think so. Might as well just go with instances then.

But that would make it a great game IMO.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

So you like 'contested' open world spawns eh? So then you'd be fine if other groups could attack/interrupt/grief you while your fighting said spawns correct?

Actually, I grew up playing EQ1 so yea, I would like contested mobs =P However, I should have worded myself differently as I don't feel true "contested" mobs have a place in a Final Fantasy setting. What I meant to say was that I liked the way NMs worked in FFXI, first to claim gets kill.

Originally posted by Khrymson

I still don't understand why the first few things on many gamers minds for a new MMO is what will end-game be like or this thread, "sure hope there are high lvl NMs to fight right away!"  Slow down, enjoy the journey, explore every corner of the world, stop on occassion and be social with a friendly fishing venture with another or several other players along a cliff overlooking Limsa Lominsa, lvl multiple jobs and skills early on, or even take on a craft or two and master it per region as you skill up.

What is the reason behind rushing to the cap, to be first?  Is that like being the first numnut to post "first" in a new topic...rofl  And sure you can go back and do much of what you prolly passed up later on, on your maxed job or switch to a lower one but why not slowly discover these things the first time and many times thereafter....anyway...I guess I'll never understand this urgency to to max out and then sit at the cap with little to do. 

NMs aren't necessarily always max-level mobs. There were many NMs at any level range during the leveling experience in FFXI and I think it just adds another thing to do besides straight up leveling. In fact, the inclusion of NMs might even encourage people to not speed-level all the way to max right away by giving them something besides leveling that is fun and rewarding.

It also adds guild cohesion pre-endgame because you can gather up your guildies to go kill said NMs and get some loot, while having fun and taking a break from the level grind.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I still play FFXI, I understand the NMs scattered across all levels, but this thread appears to be more targeted towards high level or end game type NMs, course there could be a few in the lower lvls too, but even those in FFXI were very few.  Still though the mindset of rush to the cap instead of enjoying the journey just doesn't make sense...ah well.

even those in FFXI were very few.

There's a lot more for lower levels than there are for higher levels. 

LOL Todd it seems like Kupo wants to start up again or either he is just fascinated with you.

Where in my post do you see me say rush to lvl cap or anything about having a end game on release?  Personally I think NM's like Haku and Charby are not end game type NM's.  If you read my post again you will me write that I"m not expecting anytype of endgame.  Let me rephrase my topic so you can understand.  I would love to see NM's that will take a pt or 2 to kill.  Say the lvl cap will be 50 at release and you are lvl 30.  A certain NM drops a lvl 30 sword you want but you cant solo it so you need a group to kill it.  Then someone else in your ls wants it to, so you guys make an effort to get for whoever wants.  The end result is that it 1. Kills time till a expansion or "Update" and 2. Its fun killing a tough mob with friends.  So you are saying after you reach the cap(slow or fast) you don't want to have anything to do but twiddle your thumbs? 

[Mod Edit]

LOL Todd it seems like Kupo wants to start up again or either he is just fascinated with you.

However anyway he wants to slice it RoZ raised the level cap from 60-75, being in phases matters none, because it was an expansion that started the phase of the level cap. You were refering to FFXIV following that same format, and I agree with you.  All the SE expansions I remember were all phased thats nothing new or unique to SE other companies release exanpansion material in phases. But ill spell it out for kupo one more time, the expansion did indeed raise the level cap, which this agument was all about.

I dont expect the meat and the bones of ffxiv at release either, I think were going to have to wait 6-8 months for the first expansion to deliever strong end game content. That also tells me not to invest to much time in whatever end game  there is at launch, because I fear that it will all be wasted time, so instead ill just work on leveling multiple classes and maybe even a craft.

[Mod Edit]

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Where in my post do you see me say rush to lvl cap or anything about having a end game on release?  Personally I think NM's like Haku and Charby are not end game type NM's.  If you read my post again you will me write that I"m not expecting anytype of endgame.  Let me rephrase my topic so you can understand.  I would love to see NM's that will take a pt or 2 to kill.  Say the lvl cap will be 50 at release and you are lvl 30.  A certain NM drops a lvl 30 sword you want but you cant solo it so you need a group to kill it.  Then someone else in your ls wants it to, so you guys make an effort to get for whoever wants.  The end result is that it 1. Kills time till a expansion or "Update" and 2. Its fun killing a tough mob with friends.  So you are saying after you reach the cap(slow or fast) you don't want to have anything to do but twiddle your thumbs? 

[Mod Edit]

I'm not sure if you still play XI or any other world boss spawn type game, but those bosses will be camped 24/7 by so called hardcore guilds from day one. The people asking for world spawns maybe are not used to the extremes that go on these days to monopolize those bosses. I can assure you that the top end guilds from XI will have people leveling multiple accounts to be able to camp in parties around the clock, should there be world spawns. I'm not even talking about endgame here, rather any average boss that drops items worth anything. The only way any average player with get these is to buy them from the people camping. 

This is why i'm not in favor of world spawns that drop valuables. Perhaps if they were just cosmetic items or toys, then sure it could be fun.

Originally posted by Alders

I'm not sure if you still play XI or any other world boss spawn type game, but those bosses will be camped 24/7 by so called hardcore guilds from day one. The people asking for world spawns maybe are not used to the extremes that go on these days to monopolize those bosses. I can assure you that the top end guilds from XI will have people leveling multiple accounts to be able to camp in parties around the clock, should there be world spawns. I'm not even talking about endgame here, rather any average boss that drops items worth anything. The only way any average player with get these is to buy them from the people camping. 

This is why i'm not in favor of world spawns that drop valuables. Perhaps if they were just cosmetic items or toys, then sure it could be fun.

Nah I don't play atm but when I was playing I've done just about every possible thing from PS2 release til middle of Treasure expansion.  I understand how you feel, the pain of waiting for Faf/Nidhogg and ect to spawn while 5 other LS's waiting beside you to also claim.  I don't mind the competition of trying to claim a world spawn but I hated what happened afterwards after you claim it and also that JP players had a slight advantage on the pop.  The constant spamming shout, casting spells beside you trying to lag you out, the trains of mobs that linked, provoke bots, and the stealing of a mobs is what I hated about world spawns.  World spawns are good if everyone can play fair but you will always have that ls full of a-holes that ruin everything.

World spawns dont bother me 1 bit. Why? because that was the elite of the elite gear, It wasnt needed to be a good player. It wasnt needed to be an above average player. You were not gimp if you didnt have it.  The problem here isnt the world spawns, the problem is  the obsession that to many people have with gear. The obsession that they must have everything. The jealousy that people show over this is disgusting.  And no I never had any of the gear that i wanted off of the world spawns. I tried for it but I wasnt all torn up about gear. I had friends that i played ffxi with for years that never got that stuff, did they want it? Sure, were they "gimp" without it? was I gimp without it? hell no they nor I were not gimp, There was plenty of easily assible great gear for everyone, but there was also that "next level" to try to strive for. There always has to be that "next level" IMO. Whats wrong with haveing that next level to strive for? 

Everyones is so focused on the world spawns that they forgot how many forced pop bosses there were. Sky was loaded with force pops, Sea was loaded with force pops, There were force pops for other random gear like haku, and that ant lion thing. The bulk of the gear came from forced pops. In reality there were only 3 world pops that everyone refers too nid, kb and aspid. some could argue the dragons, but those had odd timers and the ls which gathered the quickest got it.  But it seems most people just want to focus on the big 3, and talk like its the end of the world since they didnt want to try for the gear for whatever reason.

Why does no one cry about the relics? that was 100X worse than the world spawns? Because those were not needed and everybody realizes that.

World spawns dont bother me 1 bit. Why? because that was the elite of the elite gear, It wasnt needed to be a good player. It wasnt needed to be an above average player. You were not gimp if you didnt have it.  The problem here isnt the world spawns, the problem is  the obsession that to many people have with gear. The obsession that they must have everything. The jealousy that people show over this is disgusting.  And no I never had any of the gear that i wanted off of the world spawns. I tried for it but I wasnt all torn up about gear. I had friends that i played ffxi with for years that never got that stuff, did they want it? Sure, were they "gimp" without it? was I gimp without it? hell no they nor I were not gimp, There was plenty of easily assible great gear for everyone, but there was also that "next level" to try to strive for. There always has to be that "next level" IMO. Whats wrong with haveing that next level to strive for? 

Everyones is so focused on the world spawns that they forgot how many forced pop bosses there were. Sky was loaded with force pops, Sea was loaded with force pops, There were force pops for other random gear like haku, and that ant lion thing. The bulk of the gear came from forced pops. In reality there were only 3 world pops that everyone refers too nid, kb and aspid. some could argue the dragons, but those had odd timers and the ls which gathered the quickest got it.  But it seems most people just want to focus on the big 3, and talk like its the end of the world since they didnt want to try for the gear for whatever reason.

Why does no one cry about the relics? that was 100X worse than the world spawns? Because those were not needed and everybody realizes that.

QFT. In 5 years of playing FFXI World Spawns were my favorite aspect of the game. Did my LS always get the claim? Nope. Did I ever get any gear from the HNMs? Nope. But I had a blast hanging out with my LS mates and working together towards a common goal, as well as interacting with the other LSs that were there and congratulating whoever got the claim / drops. Most of my gear came from Dyna / Sky / Sea but that was the great thing about FFXI, there were so many options for gearing yourself and so many different things to do as a LS rather than just hitting up whatever FoTM Tier Raid it happens to be during that patch. Horizontal Progression > Vertical. HNMs are just another fun aspect for people to enjoy, you never NEEDED gear from them and if you really wanted something from them, you would find a way to put in the effort and get it.

• KupoKupopoKupoKupopo Member Posts: 189

I think he is obssesed with me, I obviously stuck a nerve with the poor kid in the other thread. However anyway he wants to slice it RoZ raised the level cap from 60-75, being in phases matters none, because it was an expansion that started the phase of the level cap. You were refering to FFXIV following that same format, and I agree with you.  All the SE expansions I remember were all phased thats nothing new or unique to SE other companies release exanpansion material in phases. But ill spell it out for kupo one more time, the expansion did indeed raise the level cap, which this agument was all about.

I dont expect the meat and the bones of ffxiv at release either, I think were going to have to wait 6-8 months for the first expansion to deliever strong end game content. That also tells me not to invest to much time in whatever end game  there is at launch, because I fear that it will all be wasted time, so instead ill just work on leveling multiple classes and maybe even a craft.

Lol, the two of you crack me up.  All my last post did was simply correct information that jumped out at me as false.  I especially felt it needed to be corrected since it was being used to try to disprove another member's point that I agreed with.  I corrected the false info as I have done in the past and will do in the future and which is something many of us do.  I made no personal remarks or insults whatsoever.  And yet, the two of you clearly see it as something bigger?  Why, because I said "wrong"?  We can't correct people's misinformation anymore?  How is that wanting to "start up again"? 

It was actually both of you who made it personal by making statements such as"wanting to start up again",  "he is just fascinated with you", "he is obsessed with me" and "the poor kid".  I would have corrected anyone who said that the "Rise of the Zilart" expansion raised the level cap to 75 and that no level caps were done through version updates.  Since you guys want to psychoanalyze a non-personal post by me, it makes me wonder... who actually has the obsession here?

But if you actually want to stick to the issues instead of making personal attacks, I'll spell it out for you.  The argument was all about you disagreeing with Hyanmen's statement that there were level caps in XI that had come with version updates (not to be confused with saying all level caps came with version updates which was never said).  You quoted him, put his quote in red and tried to counter him by saying that the level cap was raised to level 75 in the RoZ expansion, not updates.  I simply saw your position as false.  Nothing personal.  Yes, RoZ raised it to 65 (I said that in my first post) but the future level caps were raised in version updates just like Hyanmen first stated and you first tried to counter.

Now you change your position and say the level caps came in RoZ "phases"?  Those "phases" were the version updates we were just talking about!  Which is exactly what you were initially trying to argue against.  Now you are just resorting to semantics.  Case closed. 

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Actually, I grew up playing EQ1 so yea, I would like contested mobs =P However, I should have worded myself differently as I don't feel true "contested" mobs have a place in a Final Fantasy setting. What I meant to say was that I liked the way NMs worked in FFXI, first to claim gets kill.

I agree, I love the moment a contested named is spotted and the whole guiild mobilises to get there fast and nab it, or watch while the the guild there first tries it while hoping they will wipe so you get a go lol.

But then I came up through EQ as well ;)

As for attacking/ interupting that attempt... well, for one a guilds reputation should be worth more then that (or its no kind of guild ar all) and for a second the play systems in a modern MMO should be designed to not make that possible.

Originally posted by vesavius

I agree, I love the moment a contested named is spotted and the whole guiild mobilises to get there fast and nab it, or watch while the the guild there first tries it while hoping they will wipe so you get a go lol.

But then I came up through EQ as well ;)

As for attacking/ interupting that attempt... well, for one a guilds reputation should be worth more then that (or its no kind of guild ar all) and for a second the play systems in a modern MMO should be designed to not make that possible.

Yea I agree, guild reputation needs to mean more like it did back then. If your guild did something stupid / inconsiderate, everyone would know about it and your bad reputation would follow you for the rest of your time in that game.

Another thing that made contested mobs work in EQ1 better than FFXI imo is that in EQ1 if you didn't have a full raid force there and ready to kill the mob, it was going to kill you first anyways. In FFXI, the farmed HNMs don't hit very hard and with blink and hold parties, 5 people could hold an HNM for an hour while the rest of their LS showed up and no one could do anything about it.

Originally posted by KupoKupopo

But if you actually want to stick to the issues instead of making personal attacks, I'll spell it out for you.  The argument was all about you disagreeing with Hyanmen's statement that there were level caps in XI that had come with version updates (not to be confused with saying all level caps came with version updates which was never said).  You quoted him, put his quote in red and tried to counter him by saying that the level cap was raised to level 75 in the RoZ expansion, not updates.  I simply saw your position as false.  Nothing personal.  Yes, RoZ raised it to 65 (I said that in my first post) but the future level caps were raised in version updates just like Hyanmen first stated and you first tried to counter.

You and Hynaman (mostly you) fail to understand that those version updates that you speak of are directly related to the expansion RoZ.

So RoZ raised the level cap, The version updates that eventually raised the cap to 75 came because of RoZ.  (Disprove that and you win) Now lets go back to what the OP said, I am not going to quote him word for word, but I think he said something along the lines of that he is not expecting a level cap raise until ffxiv's first expansion. then hynaman said Raising the cap doesn't have to go hand in hand with expansion packs, they'll probably do it the similar way as in XI and release them in version updates, Then I used the argument that ffxiv is going to raise the level cap like ffxi did there has to be an expansion because RoZ raised the cap to 65 then to eventually 75 via updates or w/e you want to call it but RoZ gave FFXI the zones to utilize the raise in level cap to 75, so RoZ is responsible for the cap being raised to 75. Its undisputable that RoZ raised the cap.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Zilart, theres the list of zones that RoZ added tell me again how RoZ is not responsible for the cap being raised to 75? 

[Mod Edit]

You and Hynaman (mostly you) fail to understand that those version updates that you speak of are directly related to the expansion RoZ.

So RoZ raised the level cap, The version updates that eventually raised the cap to 75 came because of RoZ.  (Disprove that and you win) Now lets go back to what the OP said, I am not going to quote him word for word, but I think he said something along the lines of that he is not expecting a level cap raise until ffxiv's first expansion. then hynaman said Raising the cap doesn't have to go hand in hand with expansion packs, they'll probably do it the similar way as in XI and release them in version updates, Then I used the argument that ffxiv is going to raise the level cap like ffxi did there has to be an expansion because RoZ raised the cap to 65 then to eventually 75 via updates or w/e you want to call it but RoZ gave FFXI the zones to utilize the raise in level cap to 75, so RoZ is responsible for the cap being raised to 75. Its undisputable that RoZ raised the cap I dont know why your still trolling me, wait actually I do because your still ate up over of your worthless topic that you made. Get over it kid.   

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Zilart, theres the list of zones that RoZ added tell me again how RoZ is not responsible for the cap being raised to 75? As you can see w/o roz FFXI was a very small world. But you cant because your just trolling eveything i post.

Not all of them. The level cap started to raise even before RoTZ was released. They just continued the trend after RoTZ came out. 

You could say every version update after RoTZ is tied to some expansion, but it won't stop SE from raising the cap without expansions having anything to do with it.

You can see this trend right now as well, as the WoTG expansion is about to end but the level cap will be raised even after that. 

You also didn't need to buy the expansion pack for your level cap to rise. 

While one can assume that they'll release expansions the same was as in XI, nothing stops them from starting to raise the cap before first expansion is released. The updates will come regardless, and levels with them.