Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Graphic Bugs, Help Please

madmandan90madmandan90 Member Posts: 47

Hey guys, so I've recently re-subbed to Aion, haven't played it since launch, But I've came back to some horrible graphics bugs and wondered if anyone knew a fix? I've posted the bugs in a video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s6OfqD5Wxo

For those who don't want to watch it, I have bad textures on some mountains and a weird problem with font where lines appear to the right of all text, Thanks

Comments

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Have you tried different drivers for your card?  I run Aion on 2 different computers one with an Nvidia card and one with ATI and they game works great on both with no graphic problems.  Usually graphic issues are driver related. 

• madmandan90madmandan90 Member Posts: 47

Well im using the latest drivers if that helps, if i revert back other games play up :(

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Two things - Just to start troubleshooting:

Does your game resolution match your desktop resolution? (Have seen that text problem when I ran undocked on my laptop because my game resolution was lower than my notebooks native res.)

Exit Aion and try deleting the file: 'system.cfg' in your Aion root folder. (Yeah I know - Should not be needed and will probably not help but it makes your game start at default settings, giving you a baseline to start troubleshooting from.)

Good luck - The 4890 is a great videocard!

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Set the resolution to your native display resolution setting.  If your using a 1680x1050 display set the game resolution to the same and 32bit color setting if it shows that option.

Normally these newer cards have graphical issues in newer games simply because the drivers are not mature enough, wait for new drivers or try older ones and make sure you read how to uninstal your graphics driver properly before installing a new one.

If your using catalyst control center make sure to max out for max quality and turn ai on normal or default, don't max out aa or any that here let the program control that so keep it set for program control.