Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A look inside fortress Blizzard

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/04/earning-your-sword-a-picture-tour-of-blizzards-offices.ars/

Some things of note:

• The actual starcraft CD that an astronaught took into space

• An american flag given to blizzard from some soliders, though they should of bene protrolling in real life.

• The Data center! of sorts

Comments

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Wow....

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Sure it worth the look... it is one big WOW!!!

• ZookzZookz Member Posts: 244

If I could go to work and have surroundings like that I'd be the happiest person ever. For my 10 year 'prize' I got a pay cut. Maybe it's not too late to go back to school for game design :)

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by memoir44

Originally posted by expresso
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/04/earning-your-sword-a-picture-tour-of-blizzards-offices.ars/
    Some things of note:
    The actual starcraft CD that an astronaught took into space An american flag given to blizzard from some soliders, though they should of bene protrolling in real life. The Data center! of sorts
     Worth a look.

Most certainly is, what an amazing place to work.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• TektonTekton Member UncommonPosts: 86

Geek heaven <3

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

That has to be one the the coolest places to work ever.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

Yeah, Blizzard only cares about the money=)  To all the haters out there, let me explain something about work place atmosphere, since I've worked in many a studio.  If Blizzard didn't REALLY care about making the best  games they can, the work place would look NOTHING like this.  If would be grey walls, cubes and nothing more.  Its called work-life and companies that actually CARE about their associates go to great lengths to make the work place enjoyable and a place that advances creativity.  I currently work in such a place.  If Blizzard only cared about the $, they wouldn't bother spending all that money on their studio.  Go compare this to a studio in Korea that pushes out F2P cash shops and I just bet you'll notice a difference.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Originally posted by Josher

Yeah, Blizzard only cares about the money=)  To all the haters out there, let me explain something about work place atmosphere, since I've worked in many a studio.  If Blizzard didn't REALLY care about making the best  games they can, the work place would look NOTHING like this.  If would be grey walls, cubes and nothing more.  Its called work-life and companies that actually CARE about their associates go to great lengths to make the work place enjoyable and a place that advances creativity.  I currently work in such a place.  If Blizzard only cared about the $, they wouldn't bother spending all that money on their studio.  Go compare this to a studio in Korea that pushes out F2P cash shops and I just bet you'll notice a difference.

Totally agree with you mate. This studio is like something from fairy tales. It has everything in it. I bet every employee goes to work with a smile on his/her face not only for the $ they get, just for the enviorment.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

That's one impressive workplace! I can imagine how sweet it must feel to wake up knowing you're heading to the holy grail of gamers to put in your eight. I'd love to take my family there for an official tour one day. I have a small company in the building I guard that I think the world of. They keep their kitchen stocked full of goodies for their employees and take company sponsored trips to sporting events to show their employees how much they are appreciated.

And that level of respect for one's workers always shows in the effort they deliver to you. Kudos to the execs at Blizzard to maintain and fight to keep the level of quality for both their employees and their customers.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."