Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick and tired of the I quit threads...

Comments

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by championsFan

Originally posted by xx19kilosold

They did say it was going to be a paid addition. You really are starting to look foolish.

I am aware of everything they said about the matter.   Daeke, the former community rep, said it would be a paid expansion in a forum post.   This does not constitute an official announcement, and for all you know Daeke made a very big mistake that cost him his job i.e. he announced something before the final decision had been made.  I argue that Daeke was no longer accurately representing Cryptics intentions at that point, he was a rogue employee and he got fired soon after.  

As far as I'm concerned, Daeke was doing a terrible job and he had trouble showing up to work in general.  He made a mistake, and it was just one more in a long chain of bad performance on his part, so they terminated him.    Cryptic haters are really scraping the barrel with this one, their argument is completely moot and entirely based on speculation. 

Edit:  You all are very persistent at bashing Cryptic.   I can accept your hate-filled rhetoric, but I can't accept the distortion of facts around Vibora Bay.  I can't singlehandedly stand up to an angry mob that distorts facts to suit its spews.  Dishonest opponents are not worth my engangement.   I'm sure you could make your lies and distortions even more extreme to suit your pet purposes, no one will bother to oppose you or even read what you say on this wretched forum.   Hopefully I will not post here again for a long time.  

How would you, a player be privy to his work history or whether he made it to work on time or not?  This isn't something that would posted on general forums and given cryptics heavy handed censoring, I doubt It was anything that would survive long on the forums if people did attempt to discuss it. If it was me and cryptic released details on a public forum about my work history/termination they would be hearing from my attorney.

• rebelhero1rebelhero1 Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by Isturi

I just recently bought STO for 29.99 and I play it as a casual MMO and I love it oh by the way I see other player on STO when I play so it cant be that bad, I am just sick and tired of ppl posting I quit STO just to make STO look bad well so what that is your OPIONION if you dont like the game dont play. I find it rather relaxing and enertaining for my money

THANK YOU STO for a very good casual game.

You seem to miss the point.

Cryptic has questionable business practices. They represent everything that I despise in humanity; greed.

They're trying to take you for all they can in as little time as possible. They shit out a horrible little game like Warhammer, CO or STO, hype it all the way up to Jupiter and they release a (not even polished) turd.

It's not even about the game, it may be somewhat enjoyable for you. That's cool.

But the fact remains that someone should put a stake through the heart of everyone in charge at Cryptic and their publishers.

Playing: *sigh* back to WoW :(
    --------
    Waiting for: SW:TOR, APB, WoD
    ---------
    Played and loved: Eve and WoW
    --------
    Played and hated: WoW:WotLK, Warhammer, every single F2P

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by rebelhero1

I just recently bought STO for 29.99 and I play it as a casual MMO and I love it oh by the way I see other player on STO when I play so it cant be that bad, I am just sick and tired of ppl posting I quit STO just to make STO look bad well so what that is your OPIONION if you dont like the game dont play. I find it rather relaxing and enertaining for my money

Cryptic has questionable business practices. They represent everything that I despise in humanity; greed.

greed is present in every business. Microsoft is plenty of it, and still most people runs its OS, paying for beta testing 1-2 years after each release.

They're trying to take you for all they can in as little time as possible. They shit out a horrible little game like Warhammer, CO or STO, hype it all the way up to Jupiter and they release a (not even polished) turd.

hype is a constant in the business world, I have seen better and worse.

It's not even about the game, it may be somewhat enjoyable for you. That's cool.

Make your mind, you are saying the game is extremely horrible but at the same time admitting the chance that somebody like it. Therefore, the game cannot be that bad so the company deserve so much hate. 

But the fact remains that someone should put a stake through the heart of everyone in charge at Cryptic and their publishers.

Just in case, they might come back. :)

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by championsFan

Originally posted by Xondar123

I guess it's time for me to remind you of the beat-down you took last time you tried to rewrite history:

http://www.mmorpg.ch/discussion2.cfm/post/3420063#3420063

"And so, while we may have originally built Revelation to be a paid expansion pack, we reconsidered our decision based on recent community discussion."

It's Bill Roper, of course he undermines the point your trying to make by using a weasel word.   If you really think this quote is a slam dunk, then we should review the definition of the word "may."  

1.  You use may to indicate that something will possibly happen or be true in the future, but you cannot be certain.

2.  You use may to indicate that there is a possibility that something is true, but you cannot be certain.

3.  You use may to indicate that something is sometimes true or is true in some circumstances.

5.  You use may have with a past participle when suggesting that it is possible that something happened or was true, or when giving a possible explanation for something.

So BR has not admitted to anything as you claim, he used a standard lawyer trick "my client may have...".   BR has so much ego that he can't just admit the wrong doing.   But if you read Shannon's quote, he tells us that the Champions team always felt VB should be free.   No weasel words.  

It may seem like I am semantically evading you, but if your point were valid then you could produce an official announcement that VB would be paid:  that announcement never occured, so it can't be produced.  

LOL

They did say it was going to be a paid addition. You really are starting to look foolish.

I'm done arguing with the guy, he's impervious to reason and logic.

Quite frankly I don't understand why cF would even try to rewrite history. It should stand as a warning to Cryptic showing what would happen if they tried to jerk their community around again. Now he's ardently defending the C-Store.

• rebelhero1rebelhero1 Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by gandales

Originally posted by rebelhero1

greed is present in every business. Microsoft is plenty of it, and still most people runs its OS, paying for beta testing 1-2 years after each release.

Yes, but Cryptic is constantly, shamelessly (and blatantly) lying and cheating its customers out of as much as it possibly can and they try to hide from the fallout.

hype is a constant in the business world, I have seen better and worse.

Yes, but that's all they have to go on with empty, shallow games with lots of pointless bells and whistles. They're going for box sales and they could care less if you enjoy it.

Make your mind, you are saying the game is extremely horrible but at the same time admitting the chance that somebody like it. Therefore, the game cannot be that bad so the company deserve so much hate. 

I'm saying I respect your opinion and if you do, by some miracle, enjoy it then you have every right to do so. I never said it wasn't horrible, but that doesn't mean people won't like it.

Just in case, they might come back. :)

Indeed lol

Playing: *sigh* back to WoW :(
    --------
    Waiting for: SW:TOR, APB, WoD
    ---------
    Played and loved: Eve and WoW
    --------
    Played and hated: WoW:WotLK, Warhammer, every single F2P

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Ive learned a lot since the start of this post. One major fact is that people don't just quit just because they were looking just to bash Cryptic they at least was trying to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt. Actually it seems they gave STO a fair chance and found that this particular MMO is not up to their expectations. I understand this now. Truth be told my eye's have been open to some of the undisputed facts of STO anywho I after a very short trial for me...well let me take it back I will still play STO but only as a very casual game and only if I have nothing better to do. I guess since I did pay for it I still want to give Cryptic a chance.

I don't blame anyone for quitting I just hope that they find what they are looking for in a MMO oh by the way if you have not played CoX give it a try im loving it.

Just a side note I do agree with many on the C-store issue.

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

Ive learned a lot since the start of this post. One major fact is that people don't just quit just because they were looking just to bash Cryptic they at least was trying to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt. Actually it seems they gave STO a fair chance and found that this particular MMO is not up to their expectations. I understand this now. Truth be told my eye's have been open to some of the undisputed facts of STO anywho I after a very short trial for me...well let me take it back I will still play STO but only as a very casual game and only if I have nothing better to do. I guess since I did pay for it I still want to give Cryptic a chance.

I don't blame anyone for quitting I just hope that they find what they are looking for in a MMO oh by the way if you have not played CoX give it a try im loving it.

I wish I could same the same. Last December when I tried the beta I knew the game would be insufficient for the average gamer that comes to this kind of website. The part I don't buy is the victimization, at least for the well informed gamer. The reasons are the following:

1. The development time was know in advance, even with a 6 month delay it would be still short for the unofficial norm in development time. 

2. There was a open beta. You can know how the core game features in beta. Moreover, in a fast leveling game many people was probably able to get high level before launch.

3. The main trend in CO and STO was saving money by cutting development and operation costs, delivering a playable but really limited version of the game, with the expectation (real or imaginary) of improving over time. You might not share this approach but I hardly see how it was deceiving. Every game producer promise good stuff in the future, few or none deliver everything they promise. 

In Summary, while I can side with you in that the game could be considered as low in quality gaming circle standards, there were all the elements for an average curious gamer to know what was coming.  I can empathize with all upset people of STO but I think they are probably angrier at themselves than cryptic and they are just projecting that on cryptic.  

I wish that SWTOR or any other replacement game release soon so some wounds will be healed faster.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Dinendae

You honestly dont think any one is taking you serious do you?

Actually yes, I think he does. He seems to be working off of the old addage that if you tell a lie often enough, people will believe you. I find it amusing that he continues to defend Cryptic in the STO foums of this website, instead of the CO forums here, and he admittedly has never played the game.

Maybe he is a shill or an employee moonlighting on these boards.

I say this because I found the comment about the fired community admin showing up  to work a little odd for someone to make. Sure sounds to me like its someone from Cryptic posting here, doesnt it? How can average joe CO player know this guy had issues showing up  to work?

Makes you go hmmmmmm........

Nice catch. He's either full of crap or a paid employee.

It is interesting the spin being attempted here. I've never played CO but I remember the issue over charged content very well because it was brought here quite a few times. Cryptic even made sure to announce that their 45 day patch for STO was free . They would have only done that if there had been questions on their ability to keep their word on such matters.I don't remember other games stating that their patches would be free because it's pretty standard in the industry to not charge for such things.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by gandales

I wish I could same the same. Last December when I tried the beta I knew the game would be insufficient for the average gamer that comes to this kind of website. The part I don't buy is the victimization, at least for the well informed gamer. The reasons are the following:

1. The development time was know in advance, even with a 6 month delay it would be still short for the unofficial norm in development time. 

2. There was a open beta. You can know how the core game features in beta. Moreover, in a fast leveling game many people was probably able to get high level before launch.

3. The main trend in CO and STO was saving money by cutting development and operation costs, delivering a playable but really limited version of the game, with the expectation (real or imaginary) of improving over time. You might not share this approach but I hardly see how it was deceiving. Every game producer promise good stuff in the future, few or none deliver everything they promise. 

In Summary, while I can side with you in that the game could be considered as low in quality gaming circle standards, there were all the elements for an average curious gamer to know what was coming.  I can empathize with all upset people of STO but I think they are probably angrier at themselves than cryptic and they are just projecting that on cryptic.  

I wish that SWTOR or any other replacement game release soon so some wounds will be healed faster.

Thank you for the rational post. I agree. People do need to vent before chaulking it up to a learning experience. It's the internetz and fellow gamers probably can't discuss these things to most RL people since most don't care.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by grapevine

Yeah, I'd forgot about the two races.  It was weeks until anything else was added.

Although I'm really not sure what you are talking about the end game, as its been in place for some time: -

1) Daily PvP missions for purple rewards

2) Daily PvE missions for purple rewards

3) Special Task Force (aka raids).  Currently three, with another on the test server.  With one being released around every three weeks.

4) Fleet Actions, which have now been changed to scale with rank.

I was referring to the fact that you are supposed to get up to Admiral level 10. When the game launched, the put the skill cap in because they stopped everyone at Admiral level 5. This was widely complained about because the game's skill point system was designed to not be capped like it is, and thus people can only get one tier 5 skill maxed and most of one more levelled up. Occasionally you still see one of the Devs comment on this when someone talks about the skill cap.

Let's be honest about the 'end game' you mentioned though; the missions for STO's 'endgame' are widely considered a tacked on joke, as are the rewards you get. I'm guessing you aren't seeing the Admiral 6-10 because they still have nothing to do for those levels yet. As for the STFs even though Cryptic itself has admitted the ground game is rather lacking since closed beta began, that's all these STFs seem to focus on. The game (and the players) would be better served if they made them focused on space combat (instead of ground), which is what people regard STO as doing the best.

Either way there needs to be far more content than this for the Admiral ranked players; they needed about three times this amount at launch, with more being added, especially with how quickly people can level to Admiral 5.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

Is the undine stf on test yet? The last I had seen from several people was that it hadn't.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by bstiff

Is the undine stf on test yet? The last I had seen from several people was that it hadn't.

Well, I don't see any mention of the Undine in the thread about today's patch, but it seems there is plenty to complain about without the fail of another STF. 

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=154011

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

Well, I don't see any mention of the Undine in the thread about today's patch, but it seems there is plenty to complain about without the fail of another STF. 

What I don't get is why STO's players expected a different result with this patch? Were there dev comments claiming that everything was thoroughly tested and working for this patch?

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

What I don't get is why STO's players expected a different result with this patch? Were there dev comments claiming that everything was thoroughly tested and working for this patch?

I dunno probably the same place that the bizarre idea among the lifers that monthly subs would want to pay 240 in monthly subs to get a "free" lifetime sub came from.  Of course this completely ignores that STO isnt worth ONE month of paid subscription. Why would I pay $15 a month for the shit stain that is STO when there are mmo's that are actually complete one can play for $10 a month.

I guess they figure their sub base is now mostly lifetime subs who can't go anywhere so they figure they'll just half-ass it from here on out.

• SpiderpopeSpiderpope Member Posts: 69

I dunno probably the same place that the bizarre idea among the lifers that monthly subs would want to pay 240 in monthly subs to get a "free" lifetime sub came from.  Of course this completely ignores that STO isnt worth ONE month of paid subscription. Why would I pay $15 a month for the shit stain that is STO when there are mmo's that are actually complete one can play for $10 a month.

I guess they figure their sub base is now mostly lifetime subs who can't go anywhere so they figure they'll just half-ass it from here on out.

Given that any complaints rapidly get swamped by sycophants, i'm not surprised the devs can't be arsed releasing a working product. If anyone complains on the forum, they get insulted without the devs having to step in, and complaints via ticket just get autoresponses these days.

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-pope.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

F2P MMOs have more content than STO will ever have, I'm glad i got my preorder money back after I played OB.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

CDF: bugs are players' fault...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=2614477&postcount=105

That had to be the most pathetic thing I'd read on those forums.  Every time I think I've seen a new low in fanbotism, it is eclipsed.  The CDF had done a pretty good job of derailing the thread (started by another dissatisfied lifer) up until then.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

It seems like all people ever do is whine and biatch about problems with MMOs. I never understood why people do nothing but complain about a MMO yet never bother to cancel their sub and move onto another game. The whole point is to have fun and if your not why bother sticking around.

In the MMO I'm playing people on vent do nothing but complain, to the point that I'm about considering leaving the guild to get away from them. Don't all you complainers realize that you can cancel at any point and find a different game....lol. Some people really need to take a step back and take a look at themselves from another persons perpective. The reality is that you only live once, so why bother living each day in an MMO you complain about 24/7. You all need to get your heads straight! :-/

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• JounarJounar Member UncommonPosts: 142

That had to be the most pathetic thing I'd read on those forums.  Every time I think I've seen a new low in fanbotism, it is eclipsed.  The CDF had done a pretty good job of derailing the thread (started by another dissatisfied lifer) up until then.

How pathetic can they get lol.

Originally posted by Ethian

It seems like all people ever do is whine and biatch about problems with MMOs. I never understood why people do nothing but complain about a MMO yet never bother to cancel their sub and move onto another game. The whole point is to have fun and if your not why bother sticking around.

In the MMO I'm playing people on vent do nothing but complain, to the point that I'm about considering leaving the guild to get away from them. Don't all you complainers realize that you can cancel at any point and find a different game....lol. Some people really need to take a step back and take a look at themselves from another persons perpective. The reality is that you only live once, so why bother living each day in an MMO you complain about 24/7. You all need to get your heads straight! :-/

Do you know what an "I quit" thread is?  People that can quit ARE quitting.  Unfortunately, some suckers bought lifetime subs, so all they can do is complain and hope things improve.

I jumped off that failboat back in Feb.  Now I just /point and /laugh as I watch it sink out of some morbid curiousity, like people rubbernecking a car crash.  When you destroy Star Trek, you deserve an extra bit of grief.  If Bioware effs up TOR, they'll get just as much hate.

Wow, just wow. It's not Crytpic's fault that things are put out in a broken state, it's the players fault for not spending their time on the test server? That takes me back to my EQ days when everything Verrant put out was initially broken, but it was somehow our fault.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Wow, just wow. It's not Crytpic's fault that things are put out in a broken state, it's the players fault for not spending their time on the test server? That takes me back to my EQ days when everything Verrant put out was initially broken, but it was somehow our fault.

Meh... Im not surprised by this type of post by the CDF.  It will continue, and probably get worse.

Originally posted by Ethian

You are assuming that everyone posting here is still playing the game, which is incorrect; many criticizing the game here either already quit or saw the game for what it was and never subscribed. If you want your posts about STO to be filtered by rose-colored glasses first, then you need to stay away from any forums discussing the game that are not ran by Cryptic. You will still see the occassional "I Quit" thread there, but then again it is from people who are quitting the game. The blue names who complain have every right to do so; they made a far larger investment than most, and are stuck with STO. I have no problem with them asking for a better gaming experience for their money.

If you don't like these forums, or any others where there are people giving criticism of STO then take your own advice, avoid those forums, and move on. The same goes for your guild; if you don't like listening to those people complain in Ventrillo, then find another guild and move on.

• JounarJounar Member UncommonPosts: 142

Originally posted by Cacaphony

Meh... Im not surprised by this type of post by the CDF.  It will continue, and probably get worse.

It's shocking how bad some of the CDF post's are, not to mention the Cryptic mods don't seem to bat an eye at them either but start an I quit thread and bang you're done lol.

yeah that's one of the more amusing claims by some over there. Im to blame for cryptics crappy programming and qa? Give me a break. They didn't even bother to proofread the text. Apparently now when you repair your ship you take it to a medical bay or at least that's what the window title is.