Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most Girls Play...

Comments

• DrazzdorDrazzdor Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Jairoe03

Would I be sexist if I said the Sims? ;x

Come onn, don't know me too badly. Hey I like the Sims too, would that make me girly?

Okay okay I'll stop instigating ;)

Lol, Butters would've totally worded it like that. Well done, well done.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by shae

Yup -  We're taking WoW over one server at a time.

We have female only guilds, we have pink tabards and yes when we get on vent we do nothing but talk about shopping, shoes and how the last time we got our nails done how great they looked right after but like 2 days later they've completely gone to hell.

And no, we don't have a clue how to play the game, I personally just push random bottoms and hope something goes right; who knew if you got 25 of us on the lich king doing the same thing mr. frostbite would go down so easily... iknowright?

Oh and if you don't play WoW and play some other more complicated, convoluted, "technical" game like eve, or runscape or whatever to like... get away from us. Don't bother man, just don't bother. We're all over the place.

We have our pink mouses, our pink keyboards, t-shits that spell the word Girl in like 50 different ways (i.e.: Girlz, Gurls, Gurlz, G!lrz, Gu!z, etc, etc), we have our bras, our tampons, make up, spare sweater in case it's cold (it doesn't matter where we're going, it could always be cold) and we're going to take over... oh yeah, we're taking over.

Oh yeah by the way.

Farmville is... AWESOME!

I so love this post.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

There are a lot of female players in RuneScape and A Tale in the Desert. Being a woman myself I can tell that I prefer games where there are more activities than only combat, and where I can get the feeling of achievement without being forced to fight.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by uquipu

I'm guessing most women play WoW.

I'm talking about a per capita amount like out of every 100 people 20 are female.

I once heard that 40% of WoW players were female, but that sounds high.  PvP servers would have fewer women while RP servers would have more, I assume.

I would think a game like EVE would have a small female population.

Any websites track gender numbers?

We have female only guilds, we have pink tabards and yes when we get on vent we do nothing but talk about shopping, shoes and how the last time we got our nails done how great they looked right after but like 2 days later they've completely gone to hell.

And no, we don't have a clue how to play the game, I personally just push random bottoms and hope something goes right; who knew if you got 25 of us on the lich king doing the same thing mr. frostbite would go down so easily... iknowright?

Oh and if you don't play WoW and play some other more complicated, convoluted, "technical" game like eve, or runscape or whatever to like... get away from us. Don't bother man, just don't bother. We're all over the place.

We have our pink mouses, our pink keyboards, t-shits that spell the word Girl in like 50 different ways (i.e.: Girlz, Gurls, Gurlz, G!lrz, Gu!z, etc, etc), we have our bras, our tampons, make up, spare sweater in case it's cold (it doesn't matter where we're going, it could always be cold) and we're going to take over... oh yeah, we're taking over.

Oh yeah by the way.

Farmville is... AWESOME!

You rock! image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Illius

I'm talking about a per capita amount like out of every 100 people 20 are female.

I once heard that 40% of WoW players were female, but that sounds high.  PvP servers would have fewer women while RP servers would have more, I assume.

When have female only guilds, we have pink tabards and yes when we get on vent we do nothing but talk about shopping, shoes and how the last time we got our nails done how great they looked right after but like 2 days later they've completely gone to hell.

We have our pink mouses, our pink keyboards, t-shits that spell the word Girl in like 50 different ways (i.e.: Girlz, Gurls, Gurlz, G!lrz, Gu!z, etc, etc), we have our bras, our tampons, make up, spare sweater in case it's cold (I doesn't matter where we're going, it could always be cold) and we're going to take over... oh yeah, we're taking over.

Oh yeah by the way.

Farmville is... AWESOME!

Thanks for enlightening me.

* backs slowly away while not making eye contact *

Don't take me seriously - I was just having some fun :).

Understanding sarcasm seems to be a lost "art" nowadays....  I wonder where things went wrong.

I actually think his post was sarcastic and that it was sort of "in" on the joke.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Comnitus

Originally posted by Gkarn

Originally posted by Shastra

My wife enjoys EQ2 and she is in all female guild. No boys allowed ;)

That is discriminating……..I’m telling. I would like to know, how do they make their members prove they are female?

Vent probably, though I've heard some people who, I swear, could go either way. RL pix maybez? Though you should never trust those, not with a friend called Google.

Maybe if you act "girly" enough.

A good kick in the nuts would get that voice an octave higher.

Then again, you'd have to get that nutsmashing kick every time you'd go on vent, that's a bit harsh to keep up. But hey, sacrifices, eh.

Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

I like a woman who hates games, so I can have something for myself.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by Zerocyde

In EVE you just sit around chatting while the game plays itself for you. It probably has the highest % of females.

lol

Not even close bud. I take it you didn't enjoy your time in the game, but that doesn't automatically classify it as "a girl's game" or whatever.

The last number I heard was around 5% for EVE, whereas WOW was approximately 40%.

This is a quote from your post history regarding WOW: "it is the best MMO ever made".

Guess this means you have rather feminine tendencies. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• SelenicaSelenica Member Posts: 183

Star Wars Galaxies used to be fairly populated with female players. Probably because it had such a wide variety of things to do/professions. A lot of opportunity to socialize and cooperate on things other than combat. That's what drew me to SWG. 

I like combat as much as any guy. I play games like GTA 4, Killzone 2, MGS4 all the time... but when it comes to MMO gaming and interacting with other players I prefer teamwork and friendships over pvp.

• TyphadoTyphado Member Posts: 177

ahem

What Is Hellcats? Hellcats is a women-only pirate corporation in the space-themed MMORPG EVE-Online. The corporation was formed with the goal of bringing female players together in a fierce, tight-knit, and fearsome band of bloodthirsty she-pirates intent on fun and profit from the taking of your ships, your stuff, your ISK, and when necessary, your pod. No quarter is given, none is expected. When you lose to us, cry more--a girl just kicked your ass! Not that we have anything against guys; we have boyfriends, husbands and in-game male friends whom we adore. We just want to bite, scratch, shoot and talk girl talk in cahoots with our own kind.

http://www.hellcatsofeve.com/

Into the breach meatbags

• Phat_B4tPhat_B4t Member Posts: 40

WoW, LoTRO, EQ1, and EQ2

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Well I am a hairy legged old man, but I really enjoy playing with real females. 

I wish more females played games. 

They seem to bring a different slant on things.  Also don't let anyone tell you they can't play as well as guys.

I have seen more guys who played badly than girls.

Now if I only could only get my wife to play MMOs with me.  Oh well when I got married computer games did not exist.

If I was young again I would never marry a woman who was not a gamer. (Don't tell my wife I said that)  :)

• NifaNifa Member Posts: 324

Oh yeah by the way.

Farmville is... AWESOME!

I think this is the best post I've ever read on a forum anywhere.

Pardon me while I go clean up the water I just spit all over my keyboard and monitor. :D

Firebrand Art

"You are obviously confusing a mature rating with actual maturity." -Asherman

Maybe MMO is not your genre, go play Modern Warfare...or something you can be all twitchy...and rank up all night. This is seriously getting tired. -Ranyr

• AlleyiaAlleyia Member Posts: 18

I played FFXI for years and now I'm waiting for FFXIV.

Never really liked WoW, just got a Priest to 52 and a Paladin to 41.. didn't like the graphics, hated the community, but i liked BGs and my first guild there wasn't too bad. Played on a PvP Server because I liked the conflict between the horde and the alliance. Oh and female undeads ftw.

I also played Aion for about two Months, didn't really like it either and a couple of f2p games. FFXI is the only mmorpg that was able to hold my interest (just got no more time for it T_T).

Now I'm playing Allods Online and I like it so far. :3

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Varny

I like a woman who hates games, so I can have something for myself.

This ^^^^  is true for more than one man (while, of course, not all of them), I do believe, and it's one of the reasons that you see comments like "Farmville," or "most of their guild discussions are probably about what robes to wear," etc.  Sometimes there is just this underlying seething resentment from some men that we've "invaded" what they perceived as "their" space. Varny, I'm not saying YOU have seething resentment. I've seen your posts. They don't reek of sexism or anything, that I can remember. But I do think you've hit a chord of truth here, as far as part of the reason we may see some rather degrading comments about women in gaming from certain men.

And I think it's pretty great you can just honestly say that.  It's not anti-woman...it's more, you know...."I want something that is just MINE."  And that's understandable to me. So....perhaps you're one gamer guy....that doesn't need to hook up with a gamer girl! :)

Oh...and...

ON TOPIC:

Most girls play......whatever they damn well WANT to play. I don't think you can pick any particular game that "most girls" play. We play all kinds of games. Asia Carerra plays Unreal Tournament and consistently gives guys a pretty good schooling on HOW to FPS. lol  Mila Kunis was addicted to WoW. Other women play other games. We can't really be lumped into any "most women" comment, I don't think.

EDIT:  We probably can't lump guys into a "most guys" comment either. Later in the thread here...I saw someone say only women know which side of the dinner plate a fork goes on. That is COMPLETELY false. Not all men are cavemen. LOL  Some men even wear suits to work each day and have lunch at restaurants that require a jacket. I assure you...there ARE men that not only know where the fork goes, but know where the salad fork AND dinner fork go, as well as the dessert spoon, soup spoon, butter knife, and steak knife, etc.

EDIT:

By the way...to the men who DO think we've "invaded" your turf....SOME OF US have probably been playing games for longer than you've been alive. Not all of us started gaming with WoW, contrary to what seems to be a popular belief.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• AlleyiaAlleyia Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by girlgeek

EDIT:

By the way...to the men who DO think we've "invaded" your turf....SOME OF US have probably been playing games for longer than you've been alive. Not all of us started gaming with WoW, contrary to what seems to be a popular belief.

I can just agree with that!

Yep. Can't say for sure, but it surely seemed like 1 in 3 players in Everquest were female.

I sure loved the atmosphere a well mixed guild brought, it sure felt more energetic.

Plus on average it seemed that women are more teamwork oriented, less e-peen oriented, from what I experienced.

When there was boasting and l33tness by women, it also often was more playful teasing than cock strutting. Can't say if that applied in general, just what I myself saw.

• NifaNifa Member Posts: 324

Originally posted by TheMinn

Why do we care about the population when it comes to gender? Every MMO I play I really never think about the reproductive organs of the person I am fighting with in my group.

TheMinn's stated my opinion clearly and succinctly.

I have never cared one way or the other if the players in my group are male or female - and I am female.  So long as they know what they are doing (or are willing to learn), I'm a happy camper.  Oh, and I currently play WoW and EVE and have played almost everything out there.  And for a long time, most of my game content in all games was PvP, though now I mostly raid.  I also play a lot of L4D/L4D2.

On console, I'm currently playing FFXIII, but also frequently play Saint's Row 2, Mercenaries (1 & 2), Gears of War, any Rainbow 6 game, and any FIFA or NHL game and enjoy a bit of Halo every now and again (I used to play it in a weekly LAN party with 7 guys and was well known for walking up behind snipers and destroying them)

As has been said before by myself and other females, we don't all fit into the same box. ;)

Firebrand Art

"You are obviously confusing a mature rating with actual maturity." -Asherman

Maybe MMO is not your genre, go play Modern Warfare...or something you can be all twitchy...and rank up all night. This is seriously getting tired. -Ranyr

• CinduatCinduat Member Posts: 83

World Of Warcraft.

I s'pose roughly one million women play it.

It is my opinion, that your opinion is incorrect.

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Originally posted by Cinduat
    World Of Warcraft.

WoW is 40% female. About 4-5 million MMO players who are women. That's more women than any other game has total population.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Illius

When have female only guilds, we have pink tabards and yes when we get on vent we do nothing but talk about shopping, shoes and how the last time we got our nails done how great they looked right after but like 2 days later they've completely gone to hell.

We have our pink mouses, our pink keyboards, t-shits that spell the word Girl in like 50 different ways (i.e.: Girlz, Gurls, Gurlz, G!lrz, Gu!z, etc, etc), we have our bras, our tampons, make up, spare sweater in case it's cold (I doesn't matter where we're going, it could always be cold) and we're going to take over... oh yeah, we're taking over.

Oh yeah by the way.

Farmville is... AWESOME!

Thanks for enlightening me.

* backs slowly away while not making eye contact *

Don't take me seriously - I was just having some fun :).

Understanding sarcasm seems to be a lost "art" nowadays....  I wonder where things went wrong.

I actually think his post was sarcastic and that it was sort of "in" on the joke.

Don't mess with Shae, she use to be a cold blooded killer in Lineage 2image

• CinduatCinduat Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by Cinduat

World Of Warcraft.

WoW is 40% female. About 4-5 million MMO players who are women. That's more women than any other game has total population.

Pretty much.

It is my opinion, that your opinion is incorrect.

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447

SWG.

A guild called NS'r, full of women, nightsisters. Had men as slaves. I accidently walked in on one of their RP events where there was some combat ritual. Lets just say, it was like the scene in 28 days later in the church with the sudden look around and stares...

*Slowly, backed away..*

Moral of the story is, don't interrupt womens rituals.

This includes gossip girl, one tree hill and of course, Farmville.

Longing for Skyrim, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3

• FraxtureFraxture Member UncommonPosts: 121

I don't have statistics for you, but around town numbers....

My wife and daughter play. And as I wear my Jinx WOW hoody around I get many women who state they play. Like the teller at the bank I frequent.

My two friends wives play as well.

I think that's where WOW was succesful. Many may call it cartoonish, or simplistic. But I think they understood that it needed to appeal to all sexes and not just the horny teenage boy.

• DevilFaceDevilFace Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by Shastra

My wife enjoys EQ2 and she is in all female guild. No boys allowed ;)

Imagine if it was the other way around, an only boys guild. People would scream bloody murder.

Haha who would *want* an all boys guild? Aside from gay guys.

Honestly, it makes sense. Female gamers can form an all female guild and be relatively free from harassment (computer seem to strip males of their social graces.) An all male guild for the same reason is pointless. Males aren't being hit on or harassed. Of course, someone will come back with some anecdotal "Oh yeah?!? I was harassed!" story, but that guy can be found in almost any thread.

I've been playing MMOs since '98 (UO) and have seen many, many women unfairly harassed. I've yet to see it happen to a male just because they were male.