Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European Servers VS American Servers

I'm from the uk and I downloaded the trial version of lotro. It turned out that it was the american version. When I downloaded the trial I had no idea they segregated the servers. Anyway, when I found out I was cursing myself and turbine for being lazy bastards and outsourcing to codemasters.

So, what should I do? Should I play on the american servers and forget about codemasters? It seems a LOT cheaper - $46 (£30) for the eu version as opposed to $10. Especially with the $10 offer that turbine is doing just now. The only downside I can see is support and people not being around on my playing hours. I've played on brandywine for a few days and it seemed quite busy. Any thoughts or advice? Any europeans in the same boat?

Comments

• Phat_B4tPhat_B4t Member Posts: 40

"People not being around" nah, you'll just have only the 'hardcore' gamers to group with! XD

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Hi Gmmonkey,

I'm kind of in the same boat.

I'm from the USA, but I'm temp stationed in Germany for the next two months.  I'm trying to not go back to WoW, so I'm thinking of giving LotRo an other shot.  I only played the beta way back. If I play I would like the option to create a character on both the EU and American servers for when I return, but I'm a little confused on the situation.  i must admit I really did not research much yet because I just got here in the EU and not had time yet.

So I hope we get a good response !

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Im in the same boat, i even made a thread about it in this very forum just yesterday.

Summary: Forget EU.The U.S. community is better, the price is lower and codemasters are moneygrubbing scams with bad service. Oh and the community in europe are tards. Cant imagine the flack i got on my server for daring to level a warden since they are oh so useless and the game is not about what class is fun to play etc ...