Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious poll

Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

At this point after all that's been done i honestly believe the game is set for shut down soon and the only way they can really have a chance at surviving is by going fully f2p. Some people still have faith in Mr. Smart and think he could make it work so im just curous to see how this is on a poll.

Comments

• AzerinAzerin Member Posts: 170

You could use a few more options up there like:

- It'll survive and find it's own niche no matter what payment model they use

- It has a snowball's chance in hell no matter what payment model they use

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by Azerin

Don't want to sound rude but with the increased moderation and the overlly defensive fans i try to stick to a neutral and to the point post or i usually end up getting a warning from the mods.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

That would get my vote if it was an option.

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by Gabby-air

Don't want to sound rude but with the increased moderation and the overlly defensive fans i try to stick to a neutral and to the point post or i usually end up getting a warning from the mods.

Good call, got me a one day ban for finally telling Mr. Arrogant off the other day.  Kind of seems like the mods want to keep kissing his ass, just because he's in the industry.  But then, maybe he got banned too, which is why we haven't heard from him for a few days.  Doubt it, but at least it'd be fair.

My vote ultimately goes to:  Game will fail, and Dr. Smart will pop up in a year with a new game using the Alganon engine.

• Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202

This poll is ridiculous.  I couldnt create less about the game, but there's no option for "yes, in its current state".

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by Damage99

This poll is ridiculous.  I couldnt create less about the game, but there's no option for "yes, in its current state".

You know, Mr. Optimist here has a point.  In all fairness, that should have been an option.

• Honestly, I don't know if their current payment model is good. Most players who play free to play games do so because they can test it out without paying anything- if it sounds interesting, they can jump right in. Sure, Alganon has a free trial, but without being together with the whole population, without making friendships, I'm not sure if that will make Alganon attractive enough. Well, I might be wrong and Alganon will find its place, we will see.

Originally posted by zeowyrm

Originally posted by Damage99

You know, Mr. Optimist here has a point.  In all fairness, that should have been an option.

Again dont want to sound rude but it's pretty clear at this point the game has a very low chance of having more than 50 subs because of what's goin on so i was already positive the "current" state is destined to fail, my poll was more or so on the way people think of the item mall after buying the game when it alreaady has a lot of prolbems and if they think going f2p would really be the besy way the game can redeem its self.

• Thirteenof9Thirteenof9 Member Posts: 8

since im actually playing the game atm, i can say that there is a steady influx of new players who are willing to cough up the 20 bucks .. add in the existing players waiting for relaunch and your pop estimate is already laughably pessimistic.

Certainly the jury is still out on whether the game will survive long term, but it looks a lot more likely than it did a coupla months ago.

As for your poll options, rofl

• ElmarollyElmarolly Member Posts: 60

The poll is pretty basic, but to the point. I wish the game to succeed but from the number of players on all servers. The chances are pretty slim that it will last more then a year at best.  Yes some of the people from day one might come back and check it out. Will they stick around?, doubt it.

Talk to just a few of the amazing community members that have poured they heart and soul into the community to make it one if not the best gaming communities that I have ever seen in the last 12 years of mmo gaming. They will not come back to the game because Mr Smart aka Bully thought it was a great idea to use the bullshit he pulled many a moons ago. And not treat the gamers with respect.  Yes Mr Bully there are a few of us that still believe in respect to others and if you fail to show it then expect to not get it.  So most of those have moved on to other games.

New players will come, heck 20 bucks is nothing. Will they stick  around to further put money into the investors pockets, doubt it also. But hey get enough people paying 20 bucks and they might get some of the money back.  That might be what they are hoping for.  Then some of those gamers will be smart mature gamers and when Mr Bully continues with his me me me attitude and continues to delete post that are well thought out and respectful. Most will say screw it and leave and not invest their time or future money into the game.

I know this sounds like a hate Mr Bully post and for the most part it is. But the man  single handed destroyed a community that was willing to go all the way to make the game succeed.  All he had to do was show respect to the community and keep his attitude in check. They is a reason companies hire mature respectful Public Relations Personal. Mr Bully is not one of them and you would think that he has learned his lesson from years back, but it appears not.

Originally posted by Thirteenof9

since im actually playing the game atm, i can say that there is a steady influx of new players who are willing to cough up the 20 bucks .. add in the existing players waiting for relaunch and your pop estimate is already laughably pessimistic.

Certainly the jury is still out on whether the game will survive long term, but it looks a lot more likely than it did a coupla months ago.

As for your poll options, rofl

Hmm thats weird since going by the forums people arent even playing the trial for more than a day and the sub numbers are a lot lower than what they had at release. Forum post

Hmm thats weird since going by the forums people arent even playing the trial for more than a day and the sub numbers are a lot lower than what they had at release. Forum post

I love the way he posted the numbers showing an average playerbase of 60 players (across both factions on both servers) during primetime, and the QOL poster popped up to say "hey, at times we have double that!" Like having 120 concurrent players is something to be proud of.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Banquetto

I love the way he posted the numbers showing an average playerbase of 60 players (across both factions on both servers) during primetime, and the QOL poster popped up to say "hey, at times we have double that!" Like having 120 concurrent players is something to be proud of.

If you sum up the early evening number, it is 74, over THREE servers. Doubling that is less than 150. This is BAD.

What is the usual account vs online number? 1 in 10? We are talking about no more than 2-3k players right now. Can the game survive without going to 10K?

Of course, the hope is that the game will do better at relaunch. I highly doubt they can pull a miracle but we shall see.

• ElmarollyElmarolly Member Posts: 60

If according to the information that has been over the web. So far the cost that the investors have put in 3.5 million. That would mean that there would have to be 175,000 players willing to pay $20.00 for the box. Just to break even on that 3.5 million.

I really doubt that amount of gamers will pay the box price. So the chances of the investors breaking even is nill. I nice tax right off though for the investors.

Maybe 175,000 gamers would pay $20.00 so Mr Smart never shows his mug ever again. That I could see.

Originally posted by nariusseldon

If you sum up the early evening number, it is 74, over THREE servers. Doubling that is less than 150. This is BAD.

I didn't count the free trial server. :)