Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay Away!

frostsmithfrostsmith Member Posts: 111

This so called game may look harmless... but be warned. It's ran by wow gold farmers and once I played it, minutes later, I got an email from WoW saying my computer has been infected(I didn't click any of the links inside of the email, incase if it was someone trying to steal my account.) Anyways, I went to WoW homepage and found out it was a true email, because my account was frozen due to someone trying to hack in. Sadly, I don't really have anything of vaule to steal.. However, it just pisses me off that they put a keylogger on my system. I say, if you want to play this game, just find one of your crappy computers and use it on that. Otherwise, stay away from this crap game. They can sue me, won't get anything from me, though.

Just wish MMORPG.com would delete them from the list.

Comments

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by frostsmith

This so called game may look harmless... but be warned. It's ran by wow gold farmers and once I played it, minutes later, I got an email from WoW saying my computer has been infected(I didn't click any of the links inside of the email, incase if it was someone trying to steal my account.) Anyways, I went to WoW homepage and found out it was a true email, because my account was frozen due to someone trying to hack in. Sadly, I don't really have anything of vaule to steal.. However, it just pisses me off that they put a keylogger on my system. I say, if you want to play this game, just find one of your crappy computers and use it on that. Otherwise, stay away from this crap game. They can sue me, won't get anything from me, though.

Just wish MMORPG.com would delete them from the list.

You should make sure that this is true before making this kind of acusations. I mean, use a good antivirus or spyware program over the evony setup, for example, and make sure it doesnt came from any other application you installed

• frostsmithfrostsmith Member Posts: 111

It's all on evonys' side. At the time I wasn't playing anything online other than evony.com. It happened during the time I was playing and I wasn't playing that long so it just seems like it was them. Also, you can look them up and find their shady business ethics. I use firefox with adblock and noscript, Microsoft essentials, spybot, superantispyware, malwarebytes and two firewalls... but most don't stop keyloggers from getting in if the game is web-based on java. This game is bad news and the fact that MMORPG.com keeps them on here is questionable. I know it's hard to believe the gamers over the developers... I had the same discussion over Runes of Magic and their shady surveys, but that was on another computer, so that couldn't affect anything on this one. I got rid of all the malware after I was warned about the threat. I am not the type of person that goes on forums just to bash games because they pissed me off.

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

I had the same expierence,  new email signed up for this game  had phishing scams next couple days.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

From what I understand the game is run by a company that owns(owned?)  WoWmine etc.  They did sell WoW gold. 

Do NOT use the account name or e-mail you use to play MMOs for Evony if you want to make sure you are safe.  Aside from that they do have some other practises that are questionable.  IE. . advertise spend $30 and get this or that free. . they later claimed that this did not include certain purchases etc etc. . even though this was not clearly stated.

It could be a translation issue but this has been a known issue since the game launched.

Also. . don't spend money on it.  You do not need to.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Meh.  Watch this.  Decide for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFb9QKkNDU8

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

yea i got a virus from WOW too, it said "WOW OP is a moron"olol virus from WOW

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

I don't play wow or evony and I still get emails like this.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

• Jason-WelshJason-Welsh Member Posts: 3

i tried evony and it completely sucked. eRepublik is much better. you should go there in stead.

eRepublik referrer's link.
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Jason+Welsh
    if you try out eRep please enter this link in when it asks who referred you.