Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The reasons why after 2 years, I Will never return.

For two years now on and off, I have spent thousand's of hours playing WoW and there has been good times and bad... But I'm at the point now where I've seen and done everything and there isnt much for me to do.

PVP Reasons

• World PVP doesnt exist at all dont try and argue it sometimes you can get a fight but its hardly viable to do whenever you want.

• Wintergrasp is a epic fail server battleground where the elementals are not worth farming for gold and players can just leave the Zone whilst you are killing them.

• Attacking enemy faction Capitals, Stormwind/Org etc is not PVP in my eyes and the achievement for killing a raid boss does not deserve to be classed as a PVP achievement. The fact even on PVP servers you cannot attack people inside their citys is pathetic, I could understand noobie protection but 80's who are unflagged yelling in the trade channel till they get enough to overpower your team isnt fun.

• Battlegrounds, The shear lack of battlegrounds compared to raids and instances is a insult and the battlegrounds that exist I have played so many times I could draw them in perfect detail.. There should be at least one battleground where killing players is the main objecive.

• Arena, This by far is the best part of the game for me however it isnt perfectly balanced and the idea that "comps" have counter comps that rape you kind of make it a joke.

• Game Balance in general is a joke im not going into detail.

• Dungeon Finder, Eradicated any chance of ganking or prevoking some form of WPVP.

General Reasons

• My long time friends no longer play and or have transferred server/faction.

• I have 10 characters 8 of which are level 80 so you can imagine how long ive spent playing.

• Tired of changes to classes.

I have no complaints about PVE other than the fact some items obtained from PVE are godlike and overpowered in PVP.

Although all its faults the game has provided me with a lot fun over the years so dont flame me as a hater, I've just had enough.

Farewell Warcraft

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Can I have all your stuff...

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

It's only a game.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by memoir44

You'll miss the rated personal and Guild  competition in the 7 Battlegrounds in CATA and the Arena of course. The reintroduction of this PvP competition will include the return of the old PvP titles and prestige.

You'll also miss the new open world PvP zone with access to the same kind of world PvP as shown on the Sunwell Isle (TBC patch 2.4) on PvP servers but this time even on PVE.

You'll miss the end game leveling system in Path of Titans (fed by a new "for all" (secondary) world gathering profession), so the world will be plenty of everyone ... if you want to progress your character after level 85....

-

People should know that once they leave for good, they no longer can discuss the only one game everyone likes to discuss.

So apparently you have no clue on what's coming in Cata PvP, be it world or BG or Arena.

As for the balance of classes: that's an argument of more than a year ago (first months of any new expansion). Update: all classes are represented in the arena compositions. So learn to play better perhaps next time.

of course you'll be back.

Says who?

This is a forum. People can discuss whatever the hell they WANT to discuss, particularly about games they have played, are playing, or are considering playing. THAT is what this site revolves around.

And contrary to what YOU seem to think...not everyone who leaves WoW returns.

To the OP:

Many of us have been where you are. You'll get over it. But I'm not sure what kind of responses you were intending to get for this posting it on the WoW forum.  I understand it's sort of "symbolic" to say farewell to games we have enjoyed, but you're probably not going to get much in the way of understanding from this forum you posted this on.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ShaunNovaShaunNova Member Posts: 2

Balance in arena and balance in the game are two different thing, I've allways been in the 1900-2.1 bracket since S5 its still the same out of arena.

Example:

Two players of equal gear and skill fight Mage vs Ret Paladin who do you think will win? its obvious the mage would win hands down everything the pally does the mage can counter.

I know Cata offers alot but it probably wont be as good as you are hoping and expecting.

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

You'll miss the rated personal and Guild  competition in the 7 Battlegrounds in CATA and the Arena of course. The reintroduction of this PvP competition will include the return of the old PvP titles and prestige.

You'll also miss the new open world PvP zone with access to the same kind of world PvP as shown on the Sunwell Isle (TBC patch 2.4) on PvP servers but this time even on PVE.

You'll miss the end game leveling system in Path of Titans (fed by a new "for all" (secondary) world gathering profession), so the world will be plenty of everyone ... if you want to progress your character after level 85....

-

People should know that once they leave for good, they no longer can discuss the only one game everyone likes to discuss.

So apparently you have no clue on what's coming in Cata PvP, be it world or BG or Arena.

As for the balance of classes: that's an argument of more than a year ago (first months of any new expansion). Update: all classes are represented in the arena compositions. So learn to play better perhaps next time.

Not everyone returns, in fact a lot of ppl with who I played it for years (myself 4.5y) dont intent to return. WoW in it's current incarnation has lost the charm it had once . I love mmorpgs, but i will rather explore new games, new worlds than return to WoW. WoW i loved is dead.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by girlgeek

-

Says who?

This is a forum. People can discuss whatever the hell they WANT to discuss, particularly about games they have played, are playing, or are considering playing. THAT is what this site revolves around.

To the OP:

Many of us have been where you are. You'll get over it. But I'm not sure what kind of responses you were intending to get for this posting it on the WoW forum.  I understand it's sort of "symbolic" to say farewell to games we have enjoyed, but you're probably not going to get much in the way of understanding from this forum you posted this on.

Please keep in mind the people you are addressing when you cast such sweeping generalizations about the forum.

The original poster created a brand new account just to post an "I quit" thread, which makes the credibility of the post being anything other than flame baiting very skeptical. 

The person you quoted is also a recent join to the forums and I think we all know it is just another account a certain fan of the game created after getting banned for the 4th? 5th? time now. 

• royalewitroyalewit Member Posts: 78

The people who care about the game enough to make these types of posts--the ones who can't stop thinking about the game but still try to convince themselves they don't want to play anymore...  they are the ones most likely to come back.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Just transfer to a more active PvP server.     They do exist.  On our server the Alliance and Horde hate - I mean we really hate each other...so much so that sometimes even after WG is over the battle goes on.   LOL!    Certain areas are battle grounds as well.  Hellfire, Sholazar, and Nagrand all are very dangerous places to be caught soloing.    Best to run in twos and threes either while leveling or farming.   

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

That is the reason why you should play Darkfall Online.

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375

QQ MORE!

People like you make me sick. What makes you think you have the right to dictate how other people play? You want a game where PvP is forced upon the players there are very few out there.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Good for you, mate. Sounds like you've burnt out on the game and you should leave, for your own sake.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Starbuck1771

QQ MORE!

People like you make me sick. What makes you think you have the right to dictate how other people play? You want a game where PvP is forced upon the players there are very few out there.

The few, the proud, the Marines.....er, OK, not the same topic, but it does sound like the OP just needs change to a game that has PVP mechanics more to his liking.

WOW is what it is, quite successful, and not going to vary much from the formula that brought it success.

I realized this long ago when I decided it wasn't the game for me anymore and the Dev's were never going to change it more to my liking.

Time for the OP to move on and try other games, there is life after WOW you know.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Comnitus

Good for you, mate. Sounds like you've burnt out on the game and you should leave, for your own sake.

Actualy it would be to save us from hearing that screeching whine. like we actualy care if he stays or quits. All this thread is for is getting attention. as stated the OP could transfer to a more PvP oriented server. If he decides not to it is due to his own stupidity. So he has nobody to blaim but himself. Truth is he is most likely one of those horde players I shanked in Goldshire on Steamwheedle Cartel. image

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

See you after Cataclysm comes out.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by ShaunNova

• Arena, This by far is the best part of the game for me however it isnt perfectly balanced and the idea that "comps" have counter comps that rape you kind of make it a joke.

You can never have a perfectly balanced pvp mmo. Only way to do that is if there is only one class in the game. The most balanced pvp mmo that I've played, Guild Wars, still has balancing problems.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by girlgeek

-

Says who?

To the OP:

Once you leave a game, you can no longer discuss the state of its art.

Unless you want to discuss without playing knowledge (like you do).

Like when you said there was no longer any demands for Raids in the chat channels.

Immedialtly active players of the game responded with "you must have been playing on a very rare underpopulated server" because asking for Raid members is always happening on every server.

So it is easy: 1 + 0 = not 2; it stays 1 because the new is simply 0 in your experience bar.

Once you leave a game, ... you are very much OUT of that game and its worthy discussions, certainly in a Blizzard game.

Also typical: thread was created with a 1 poster account and joined by a 2 poster account.

Typical mmorpg.com.

Just as if this will kill WOW.  lol

I knew I recognized that posting style and argument, welcome back to the forums camp11111.  Gone by a few other names as well previously as I recall.

(check out this previous response to GG'er from the below thread if you want to see the similarities)

"You stopped playing before the LFG tool was implemented.

Easy to trace from your posts history.

People "play" games on forums these days instead of playing "in game".

Easy to trace.

Saying that the dual spec means there is less guild play is ridiculous and of course you also don't know the weekly Raids boss quest were introduced to enhance on server Raiding even more.

But like I said: you stopped playing before the Dec launch of the LFG tool.

"Theorizing" on game mechanics don't make sense at all if you no longer play a game."

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/271279/page/5

While its true, if one doesn't currently play the game they can't really comment on specific in-game mechanics with any authority, but these are public forums and we're free to post what we wish, even if its incorrect at times. (especially since there is no end to the number of people who will delight in correcting our mistakes about the 'one game worth discussing'

LOL, glad to have you back man.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

The OP sounds more like a gaming addict that is trying to force himself to reform by publicly annoucing his departure.  10 characters, 8 of which are 80?  It's time to go.  Burnout is understandable. 

The claims about the PVP I can certainly agree with however, I love the WOW PVE but the pvp really leaves alot to be desired.  I miss open RVR, my favorite type of PVP and more pvp rewards (including Weapons!).  But it looks like Cat expansion will introduce (or reintroduce) alot of those things. 

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

Originally posted by Kyleran

QQ MORE!

The few, the proud, the Marines.....er, OK, not the same topic, but it does sound like the OP just needs change to a game that has PVP mechanics more to his liking.

WOW is what it is, quite successful, and not going to vary much from the formula that brought it success.

I realized this long ago when I decided it wasn't the game for me anymore and the Dev's were never going to change it more to my liking.

Time for the OP to move on and try other games, there is life after WOW you know.

Correct there is life after WoW. However you will eventualy tire of them as well. Look at STO as proof of that. The fact is if you spend all of your time one one game you will eventualy get tired of it. I myself play multiple MMO's I pay over $250 a month in MMO sub fee's alone.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I myself play multiple MMO's I pay over $250 a month in MMO sub fee's alone.

Seriously? That's like around 15 mmos. Isn't that some sort of addiction?

Originally posted by arenasb

No not an addiction. I do that so that if I start getting bored with one i go play another. I spent $120 on NX for Combat Arms this month which is a f2p FPS. The fact is I do a lot of gameing when I am not at work which is from 7 am til noon central time.

• SoludeSolude Member UncommonPosts: 691

And then some.  Thats what maybe 8 hours played per game?  Two MMOs is doable, 15 is just nuts!  Personally I like to play an MMO along side an RPG assuming a good one is available.

WoW more than other MMOs is that one great MMO that I just can't bing myself to play again... despite loving it while I did just before and after TBC.

• HatedbyallHatedbyall Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by arenasb

No not an addiction. I do that so that if I start getting bored with one i go play another. I spent $120 on NX for Combat Arms this month which is a f2p FPS. The fact is I do a lot of gameing when I am not at work which is from 7 am til noon central time.

No you got too much money and too much time on your hands for real...I don't know how yoiu can have that many...i love MMO's and FPS but not enough to waste that much time and money on...and I thought I was bad...

Played:TheRealm,FFXI,WoW,FE,Eve
    Playing: Nothing( stuck on a ship)
    Future play: FFXIV,SW:TOR

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I don't play more than 2 at once.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA.