Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Siege of Mirkwood™ complete Digital Download for just $9.99! [NA Servers]

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/105daddd-d660-4005-9c0f-6bc1ec093c05/the-lord-of-the-rings-online-siege-of-mirkwood-complete-edition

"Head over to deals.woot.com and grab The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood™ complete Digital Download for just $9.99! This deal includes Shadows of Angmar, Mines of Moria, and Siege of Mirkwood content as well as 30 days of free game time. Make sure you Woot it up! "

LOTRO is on sale once more, don't miss out on it again!!! great game!!!

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Comments

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Bargin.image

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

Sweet!  I passed on the deal last time.  I only need SOM, but can't argue with half-price.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

That is actually incredibly cheap, perhaps now is the time to re-activate the sub and get the gf into lotro lol ;)

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by JerYnkFan

Sweet!  I passed on the deal last time.  I only need SOM, but can't argue with half-price.

66% off!! even better :P

• safetysafety Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Unofortunateky, as I just found out, this deal is just for the US and not EU - I only found that out after having spent four hours downloading the trial client (which, of course, is not compatible with EU accounts).

Originally posted by safety

Unofortunateky, as I just found out, this deal is just for the US and not EU - I only found that out after having spent four hours downloading the trial client (which, of course, is not compatible with EU accounts).

I live in EU (England) and play on NA server, I play with a friend and turbine > codemaster

There are quite allot of people from EU who play NA server...just need to buy the game using an NA address (it worked for me but for some odd reason it does not work for everyone)

cant you just download the eu client from lotro europe and play, you dont need the content, just the cdkeys in that offer :)

and then enter the cdkeys ? just a guess though 

Originally posted by etlar

cant you just download the eu client from lotro europe and play, you dont need the content, just the cdkeys in that offer :)

You need NA client to play in NA servers, I remember there was a way to edit WoW EU client to redirect you to NA servers but I am not sure if the same thing can be done in LOTRO.

You need NA client to play in NA servers, I remember there was a way to edit WoW EU client to redirect you to NA servers but I am not sure if the same thing can be done in LOTRO.

guess i explained it wrong :) i was thinking about the guy from eu who bought it and cant play on eu servers, if its not possible to just enter the cdkey he got on codemasters url and in that way be able to take advantage of the offer and play in eu...err...

now im getting confused myself lol, anyways sony had a client once in swg, where you could just switch with a click between eu and us. wonder why we cant do that with a lotro client :)

that was much longer than intended sorry :)

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I had an inactive (Shadows of Angmar only) account. When I got the new digital download, I created a second account and apparently was credited with a BONUS free month. Probably as a refer-a-friend. So I ended up with the full game, both expansions and 2 months game time for $9.99! Not too bad!!

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Is that site safe to use?  The digitalriver.com site deals.woot.com links to looks an awful lot like store.turbine.com, except that it's not.  Turbine is still selling it for $30.  I find that suspicious.  I'd put $20 into a paypal account, just to buy two, except that they only take credit cards.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Yeah it is safe ^^, turbine said so :D

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Yeah it is safe ^^, turbine said so :D

Ok, but if I have to drag myself down to the bank, because someone in Mexico is trying to withdraw all my money, I'm holding you AND Turbine responsible :P

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

You would not hurt a poor old frog :(

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Hmm i have an inactive european account, but codemasters wants to charge me 20€ just for siege of mirkwood, and thats without 30 days gametime, so more like 35€ really. Seriously considering joining the american crowd, anything i have to be aware of?

Edit: I already have a turbine account for DDO, can i just add LoTRO to that or would it complain?

Edit2: Ok, lets forget i ever asked this, im impatient and just went through with it. It seemed to work like a charm, though it required a CC. I really hope my CC doesnt act up again and im hit with some weird kind of chargeback or somesuch  ... It did work on both though, buying the actual game(at this very sweet price) and creating a subscribtion to it in my turbine account details after registering the game. No weird IP blocks or "we dont want people from your country" kind of crap. Im really starting to like turbine. Its strange to meet a american company willing to just take my money and giving me the same service as a U.S. Customer would get.

Though i dread ever having to use the phone support, my written english is enough to get by i guess, but ill bet i get the only texan in the whole support team (American companies like to keep one around just for us foreigners i swear :D).