Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPGs for a heavy RPer ?

CalenorCalenor Member Posts: 2

Hey gamers,

I always believed that the best game is not the one with most advanced graphics or the coolest game play, but the one with the better company to enjoy it with. That's why I love RPing and being part of real RP guilds. However, I'm out of the MMO thing for a couple of years now and I'm looking forward to dive in the online world again. 

I would appreciate if you could tell me which of the current MMORPGs are the most RP-friendly and have the most actual RPing going on? I know almost all games have certain official or unofficial RP servers but you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance

Oneness

Comments

• Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153

My personal feeling on this matter is, that in any mmo, if you find the right server and right group, you can RP your arse off. But MMO's like LotRO and EQ II make the possiblity for RP'ing great due to the Lore ect. But like I stated earlier, ever game can be an RP'ers fantasy.

• KharumKharum Member Posts: 94

Lord of the Rings Online, Ryzom, Age of Conan, Underlight ("hardcore RP")... can't think of anything else right now, but yeah, the smaller the community is, the better RP. I'm not sure about AoC, but people quite often say it has surprisingly healthy amount of RP'ers.

Waiting on Xsyon & betaing stuff

• CalenorCalenor Member Posts: 2

Thx for the info mates.

Oneness

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Actually for all it's faults; SWG is very RP friendly - both in the amount of things to support it (appearance tabs, player created content), the RP community (which can cover all from Clone Wars to Ep. 6 political strife) to RPing on the ground or in space.

LotRO just because of the game's make up.  It also has game mechanic's that support it.

AoC is a So-So set up.  The game doesn't support it and unless you want to put up with the Pvp part, you only have 1 server choice (PvE), but it is healthy on that server.  It's also one of the few games that is rated M for Mature and the RP supports that.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter