Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, I finally got the game for cheap!

AmprisAmpris Member UncommonPosts: 51

Anyway, I know i hear bad things about it, but its all the same stuff from lineage 2 and even I enjoyed that a bit.

Well its actually too much line L2 for my liking, but it is still quite fun so far. I am playing a level 23 chanter at the moment, it seems okay, and is it just me for are chanters pretty good solo classes even though they have group buffs and stuff. Anyway, thats not the important part, I've figured out all the basic stuff, broker, quests, interface things, channels and all. What I am looking for is information on other details, like group dungeons and things I should be doing in the game that I am not.

All i've done so far is chat with some people, do some quests and kill NPCs. Two people dueled me out of no where which was fun, I thought i would do worse and ended up winning both. Beyond that I don't know much about the game in general. Hey it took me 3 days to figure out what kinah people were talking about was, even though i saw the name when i would pick it up.

Anyway, any tips or maybe what server differences are at the moment would be great. Also chanter seems fun, but i've never seen anyone look for a chanter in the lfg chat, so not sure what that is about.

Oh i've also gotten the steel case box for the game, seems it came with bonus items, not sure how to get those.

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Chanters are good solo pve characters and are very well liked in groups, however they are not very strong i pvp since they are midiocre dps and midiocre heals.  they can do both ok but neither grait, most people just like chanters because of the damage buffs they give to the group. they are a buffer / backup dps / backup healers sort of class. this puts them in a weird spot in group pvp since they have to get close to damage but can't really take much damage themselves. after templars they are the least played class.

At 23 your are just starting to move into open pvpve zonese where you'll be able to rift (port into enemy lands). prepare to also get ganked by enemy rifters wile you quest (watch out for those square red dots on your mini map). the levelling curve also starts to slow down. i hope you like grinding. in a few levels you'll also be able to get into the Abyss which is the true open pvp area. this i also where you farm Abyss points and do sieges but that will be at higher levels.

i strongly suggest getting into a friendly alliance and ask lots of questions because there is alot to Aion you'll want to know as you level.

I'v herd that Siel is still very alive as a server many of the other ones are a bit epmty especially at lower levels.

the bonus items have to be applied to your character from your Ncsoft website in your account page and then claimed ingame most of the time from the mail box.

good luck

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

What stuff from L2 do you mean? Cause it has nothing in common with L2 except for the artstyle.

You're still in the 'honeymoon' period as far as chanters are concerned, as you are extremely powerful early on. It begins to slow down starting the high 20s, through the 30s, till lvl42 specifically. During those levels you're going to feel like the class is going backwards, but what's really happening is that other classes start to get many new skills and get into their own, while chanters only get a couple of mantras and upgrades of skills already learned.

There's a dungeon window if you click on the "options" button on the lower right (the round one), forgot what it's specifically called and I'm not home right now to find out. Basically it shows you all the game's instances, the level requirements for each of them, and whether they are locked out or not (each instance has a specific timer that locks you out whenever you enter it).

You can enter the first dungeon from level25 to 28, It's in the abyss. You can also get a partner (I don't advise anyone to solo this game) and go rifting which is lots of fun, but expect to die a lot as there are things to take into consideration that you'll only learn by experience, such as setting up kiskes for ressurection, and there are some alt "twinks" who are created simply for low level rifting. Obviously they have pretty good gear, and it's going to be hard to compete with them.

Not sure if you know about stigmas, but you can start using stigmas from lvl20, getting 1 stigma slot every 10levels (you get 2 at lvl20 though). You can find out which are the best ones and where to get them by reading on forums.

You can also start crafting, crafting district is in the main city, choose whichever you need/want as it makes you self-efficient, but this gets really expensive and time-consuming at higher levels.

At lvl25 you can start going to fortress raids/ defending, a few fortresses in the abyss become vulnerable everyday, though it would be suicide at that level. I wouldn't suggest going to these before level40, except if you are one of these twinked out characters.

Most of the servers are decently populated, though PvP activity changes from one to the other. I play on EU servers so I don't know much about NA ones. I think Azphel, Triniel and Lumiel are some of the most active servers over there.

Chanters are loved in groups, and the higher you go the more important you'll be to a group. You got mantras, buffs, decent dps, decent off-heals (helped by a few stigmas you can pick-up), group-saving buffs (like cutting down casting time for the whole group), and they can even take a decent beating.

The game will be boring to solo in a bit, especially as a chanter. Get in a legion, play with a partner or 2 and play the game the way it's meant to be played. Also I advise you to push on during the 30s, because once lvl42 you will start being imba again, and we're needed as chanters are one of the least played classes.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013

Originally posted by Ampris

Anyway, I know i hear bad things about it, but its all the same stuff from lineage 2 and even I enjoyed that a bit.

Well its actually too much line L2 for my liking, but it is still quite fun so far. I am playing a level 23 chanter at the moment, it seems okay, and is it just me for are chanters pretty good solo classes even though they have group buffs and stuff. Anyway, thats not the important part, I've figured out all the basic stuff, broker, quests, interface things, channels and all. What I am looking for is information on other details, like group dungeons and things I should be doing in the game that I am not.

All i've done so far is chat with some people, do some quests and kill NPCs. Two people dueled me out of no where which was fun, I thought i would do worse and ended up winning both. Beyond that I don't know much about the game in general. Hey it took me 3 days to figure out what kinah people were talking about was, even though i saw the name when i would pick it up.

Anyway, any tips or maybe what server differences are at the moment would be great. Also chanter seems fun, but i've never seen anyone look for a chanter in the lfg chat, so not sure what that is about.

Oh i've also gotten the steel case box for the game, seems it came with bonus items, not sure how to get those.

With all due respect, the game is absolutely nothing like L2 with the exception of the aformentioned art style which makes sense because I believe it's the same artist that did both. And it's really more a resemblance of sytlistic details then anything else.

I can't answer the differneces between servers except that I like Triniel (my server... played on one side then due to friends coming to the game went to the other side).

Chanters are great. I've partied with them. I imagine that this game is a game where you should join a legion in order to get the most out of groups.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

not much to do pre 25 except for quest and kill mobs to level

25-28 there is an instance called ( training grounds ) in the Abyss which you can do and it shouldn't be very hard to find a group for

30+ You can run Fire temple which is another instance and can be fun for awhile ( drop rates are horrible but its good exp )

40+ there is another instance called Aetheric labs or something like that which drops skill books for the level 42 skills ( can be profitable )

45+ is the Steel rake instance .. Very fun and Decent drops

46+ Dredgion ( group pvp instance )

50+ Draupnir caves and Adma for Asmo or Theobomos for Elyos and a lot more I didn't get to do them all before I unsubbed but this will give you an idea of whats ahead.

Also , Chanters are very group friendly classes especially end game .. You will see many ppl looking for them in the later levels to compliment a groups dps and backup heal / buffs.. ect

also get into some alliances and do fort raids and Instances 35+ Its a blast.

Don't forget all of the bosses and mini bosses which I can't name due to the amount and whatnot but checkout www.Aionarmory.com for more info regarding those.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

I have leveled almost every class to at least 30 and I have (2) 50's, a cleric and ranger.  Chanter is a great class, good at many things and very wanted and necessary in groups.  If you intend to do end game PvP and instances with a decent rating then a chanter is a must have class for abilities like Word of Wind, the better buffs, etc.  Chanters improve a group and they are very loved and yes necessary.  They are also a great rifting class because they have speed buff and do decent damage, have stuns and are a lot of fun.