Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantean population

RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

I leveled my crat to 220 last time I was around (about year ago) and have been thinking to start a soldier or martial artist from scratch this time. Would be nice to know how's teaming nowadays in general. I could pocket my new alt(s) ofcourse but I find it really boring and would like to level in real teams actually. Year ago it seemed certain classes had difficulties to get in teams, has it changed?

Comments

• BrezjnevBrezjnev Member UncommonPosts: 98

The german server was merged with Atlantean a few months ago, giving it a population boost. I play on Rimor myself and that server is struggling atm, but I've been told by other Rimorians that moved that Atlantean has a much better population.

For the AO farm instances, I think the following is a decent order in which normal players (without personal connections or an extreme reputation) get invited to PUGs:

• Absolutely always: doctor.

• Pretty much always: bureaucrat and soldier.

• Most of the time: enf.

• Regularly: engineer, keeper, shade and adventurer.

• Rarely: MA.

• Pretty much never: NT (generally speaking), agent and trader.

• Absolutely never: fixer and MP.

That's the endgame, so with your bureaucrat you are pretty much set for getting teams to farm the endgame items. Bureaucrats can also solo some instances that other professions can only complete in teams.

For leveling a new character: The new fashion is powerleveling with outside tanks tanking the hecklers, so survival toolset of the leveling team doesn't matter and dps is king. Both MA and soldier are good for that. Real leveling teams are hard to come by however.

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

Doesn't sound good. I was looking to level a new character in a normal way but if it's just powerleveling nowadays I won't subscribe. Not worth it IMHO. I have a 219 doc on second account as well so I could just pocket my new alt but I don't like to do that. Too bad all my in-game friends have quitted or moved into other games already long time ago.

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

Regular leveling and teaming happens all the time, mostly in orgs.  What you see and hear on OOC and such is the ppl who mostly won't get in an org (or get in an org for the city buffs) and just want to solo fast to 220 yelling for OST teams in SL.

Our org runs everyone thru a couple of spots where we do a bit of power leveling for about 10-15 levels so ppl see how that is (no OST or kites ever, we level on teams the proper range). Otherwise, we leveling mostly on RK missions to 200 and Sl thereafter.  My lvl 175 Enforcer has close to 2400 tokens and doesn't touch token guns, and the ppl he levels with have been there alongside for the whole time (almost two years so far) and having fun all the way.

~\_/~\_O

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

i looked at how much it cost   to sub.   in the  last year are so  it been greeping up and up now  17 eur for me  look like my ao days are  over for now 

• BrezjnevBrezjnev Member UncommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by adeptuz

Doesn't sound good. I was looking to level a new character in a normal way but if it's just powerleveling nowadays I won't subscribe. Not worth it IMHO. I have a 219 doc on second account as well so I could just pocket my new alt but I don't like to do that. Too bad all my in-game friends have quitted or moved into other games already long time ago.

I'm from Rimor, we have a population problem on our server. I'd try to get hold of someone from Atlantean that PUGs when leveling and see if you can get a status report from him. It probably won't be as bad as on Rimor, so maybe ...

edit: I think you can now make forum accounts without being subscribed on the official AO forums (it was possible for a while atleast), so you can ask in Life on Atlantean as well.

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

As the Game Director pointed out a few weeks ago, Rimor had a larger population before the Germans moved.  Should be just about balanced now as Germans mostly moved to Atlantean and Rimor is the 'default' server for people who just downloaded the game.

~\_/~\_O