Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good times

exestenz69exestenz69 Member Posts: 121

Well i broke down and got the adapter for the PS3 that allows for you to use a keyboard and mouse for shooter games. It works pretty well i must say. The cool part is funny now all the moaning and whining i hear from the other players when i end up on top in the match and keep accusing me of hacking LOL. Ive gotten accusations of using some kind of aim bot and everything. I just find it hilarious that a Mouse and KB give me this much of an edge over the console kiddies and there controllers that they would moan so much LOL. Anyway its good times with a few beer just sitting back and kicking ass.

Comments

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

cool story bro, wrong place for it though.

• exestenz69exestenz69 Member Posts: 121

meh crap ya probably put it in the wrong forum maby a dev will move it in a minute.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Can you be more specific? Which adapter did you buy, how much was it and which games have you used it on? I ask because I'm tired of being on the bottom in Modern Warfare 2 because I spend more time fighting the controller than I do the people in the game.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=xfps&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=TorQS5jhAZP-9ASh0sk6&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CCEQrQQwAg

PS3 version of this. works pretty well used it in MW2 , halo, and a couple other shooters . Just gota twek it till you get the feel right .

http://xim360.com/

might get the PS version of that 1 to just to see wich works better lol

• ScalperOneScalperOne Member Posts: 281

I always tell the young ones. The fooking FPS are not for consoles with there thumb numbing buttons. KEYBORD AND MOUSE are king....keynoard and mouse anything else in FPS is just an epic fail. The console babies don't listen, no they dont. Some even say they would beat my ass with the controler, in their frigging dreams that is. I am glad at least one console user is smart enough to keybord and mouse the FPS!

H:AHA right right. Yep im not a big console gamer anymore. Havent been since way back when FFVII came out and then EQ hit and ive been a PC ever since. Never could use a dam controler for shooter games or any game that requires precision for that matter.

• dfandfan Member Posts: 362

You turned your console into crappy pc? image

Nope i turned a crappy console into a half decent shooter player platform that seems to be pissing off all those controler kiddies.

• KarmakaziKarmakazi Member Posts: 165

I've been in so many arguments with console fanboys about this. They always say that a gamepad is as precise and good if not better than a keyboard and mouse. This is a prime example of the obvious edge Mouse/Keyboard have over their dumbed down counterparts.  When it comes down to it, you have more control, precision, and versatility with a mouse. That's not even touching on the obvious benefits over gamepads when it comes to RPG games, especially considering consoles are beginning to dip into MMORPG's. I know people who game on PC's with gamepads, they're ALWAYS on the bottom of the scoreboard. I'm not saying there's not some people out there that aren't good with gamepads, I'd be lying if I said that. There's just obvious advantages of it, say a skilled veteran gamepad gamer might be as good as a player that gamed with a keyboard and mouse for a year or two. .So yeah, I can see them whining and calling hacker when a keyboard and mouse player gets in a game, because most of them have never seen what real gamers play like being their casual console FPSers :)