Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer Service is the first to go.

TheHellfireTheHellfire Member Posts: 67

When an MMO developer is going under. They don't have the operating capital to keep them. The next cuts will be the development team. And then you will log in one day to find a server unavailable error, or a simple message on the website saying their doors are closed. Look at other failed development companies and you see its a common theme. Of course they will deny financial troubles, but its like the band keeping playing on the sinking titannic.

Comments

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Originally posted by TheHellfire

When an MMO developer is going under. They don't have the operating capital to keep them. The next cuts will be the development team. And then you will log in one day to find a server unavailable error, or a simple message on the website saying their doors are closed. Look at other failed development companies and you see its a common theme. Of course they will deny financial troubles, but its like the band keeping playing on the sinking titannic.

So is this official? I mean, Cryptic have stated the phone support has been pulled? Thgis isn't a rumor or misunderstanding by someone who couldn't get through? Do they (did they ever?) have GMs still? Is there a support dept at all?

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Die_Scream

Originally posted by TheHellfire

So is this official? I mean, Cryptic have stated the phone support has been pulled? Thgis isn't a rumor or misunderstanding by someone who couldn't get through? Do they (did they ever?) have GMs still? Is there a support dept at all?

There was a person yesterday who claimed when he tried to call the support number because sending tickets wasn't getting the issue resolved, that all he got was a recording stating phone support was no longer being offered.  The phone numbers were on the support page yesterday but are no longer there.  If you call one of the old numbers you get a voicemail saying they are no longer offering phone support and it directs you to atari.com/support.  The OP then had the portion of his post talking about phone support deleted out of his post by phoxe without any explanation. As far as I know, cryptic has not made any offical announcement about it.

I think you can still submit tickets but it sometimes seems like a game of roulette, your issue may or may not actually be resolved when you're told it is.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

I never once had an actual GM respond to any issues in CO or STO, and I submitted a request for one many times due to the overwhelming number of bugs in both "games". I never saw a teammate get a response either. Usually there was the canned "...evolving game blah blah.." auto response, or the ticket went unanswered for a couple weeks then was closed with no response at all.

AFAIK, Cyrptic didn't even hire any GMs, I saw zero evidence at least. No surprise they pulled phone support as well.

Nothing surprises me about Cryptic anymore really. That studio is a disaster.

They wouldn't have to fire support because of lack of funds if they had hired decent programmers in the first place, or at least made their relatives QA the think before releasing it.

It's a vicious circle. They release a shoddy programmed "game", lose subs at an astounding rate, lack money for support which leads to not offering support, which leads to more cancelled subs, and even less income.

No wonder they are resorting to underhanded CStore cash grabs from the sucker LTS. Take the money and run Cryptic...to your next reskin of the broken engine and more suckers.

The really sad thing is there are always going to be naive people who will LTS their next abortion and the cycle repeats.

Just look at the influx of CDF to this board as the official ones tank parallel to the "game".