Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Turbine really making a Harry Potter MMO for the XBOX 360?

2»

Comments

• Darkness690Darkness690 Member Posts: 174

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Sorry guys but the PS3 is the main focus here because it will be alot easier to put it on the 360. Proof...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Turbine-Developing-Console-MMO-19965.html

All that article said was that they think it's easier to port a PS3 game over to the 360 rather than the opposite way around. It never said it's easier to develop a game from scratch for the PS3 than it is for the 360. Most game developers have stated that it's easier to develop on the 360 because it's very similar to a PC.

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

Originally posted by Darkness690

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Sorry guys but the PS3 is the main focus here because it will be alot easier to put it on the 360. Proof...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Turbine-Developing-Console-MMO-19965.html

All that article said was that they think it's easier to port a PS3 game over to the 360 rather than the opposite way around. It never said it's easier to develop a game from scratch for the PS3 than it is for the 360. Most game developers have stated that it's easier to develop on the 360 because it's very similar to a PC.

Yes the XBOX 360 is easy to make games for because essentually it's a PC, the PS3 however is compleatly different from a PC.

Hmm, no one has any tidbits of information to add to the topic at hand?

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• silkakcsilkakc Member UncommonPosts: 381

Business wise, console games make a TON more money than MMO's do. It's wise that Turbine is branching into that arena.

I'm kinda hoping it's a Hobbit console game that will coincide with the Hobbit movie release. I think a HP game sounds fluffy but you never know! It could be a huge seller if they release it around the time of the next HP movie:) And if they advertise it during the promos in the next HP movie:)

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by Mellow44

And why don't they just make Asheron's Call 3 instead?

Because Harry Potter would sell a whole lot more and bring in people that do not currenlty play MMOs. Face it, Harry Potter is a mainstream name, not a niche like Asheron's Call.

I loved the books, but honeslty... I don't think they could make the game very well. It would need to be pretty epic and have a whole lot of development time put into it. They would need to darken the world up a bit for me. I'd love to see a good harry potter MMO made but I fear it would just be really horribly developed and try to sell off of its name.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

An MMO based off the 6th and 7th books I think would be awesome.  So many evils running around causing havoc.  Everyone good in hiding and striking from the shadows.  Houses and camps that could be hidden.  Mounts being dragons and brooms, hippogrypos or invisible until you do a quest skeleton like horses.

Sounds like a big massive epic battle.  I'm in.

Venge Sunsoar

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • penthepenthe Member Posts: 25

Harry Potter  is actually a great ground for an MMO if you think about it.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Anything is a 'great ground' for an MMO if you spin it right, Harry Potter doesn't even need the right spin to do well enough. It's a no brainer if they are really going that route.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture