Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick and tired of the I quit threads...

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

I just recently bought STO for 29.99 and I play it as a casual MMO and I love it oh by the way I see other player on STO when I play so it cant be that bad, I am just sick and tired of ppl posting I quit STO just to make STO look bad well so what that is your OPIONION if you dont like the game dont play. I find it rather relaxing and enertaining for my money

THANK YOU STO for a very good casual game.

Comments

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Your post is just as pointless as the I quit posts... Its not like its going to change anything.

You are stating your opinion, just as those who have posted about quitting have.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by Isturi

I just recently bought STO for 29.99 and I play it as a casual MMO and I love it oh by the way I see other player on STO when I play so it cant be that bad, I am just sick and tired of ppl posting I quite STO just to make STO look bad well so what that is your OPIONION if you dont like the game dont play. I find it rather relaxing and enertaining for my money

You get to state your "opionion" about a game, and those that "quite" can't state theirs?

STO has about 60-80 hours worth of fun gameplay.  After that, it's bullocks.  That's pretty good for a single player game, but totally substandard for a subscription MMO. 

Even as a casual player, you'll find that out someday soon.  You'll just have had to spend alot more of your money to realize it.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

I just recently bought STO for 29.99 and I play it as a casual MMO and I love it oh by the way I see other player on STO when I play so it cant be that bad, I am just sick and tired of ppl posting I quite STO just to make STO look bad well so what that is your OPIONION if you dont like the game dont play. I find it rather relaxing and enertaining for my money

If you don't like those threads - don't read them.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Originally posted by Robsolf

You get to state your "opionion" about a game, and those that "quite" can't state theirs?

No by all means I have a opionion just as quiters have a opionion pls state away.

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

LOL umm this is not the Official STO forums. But thanks for sharing.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Quite what? Quite good threads? Quite awesome threads? Quite bad game? What?

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Cant see how it would be so bad..? If you like the game and dont feel that theres any shortage of people, then why does it matter? You shouldnt spend much time on the forums under those circumstances, right?

And wasnt "I quit threads" forbidden on the forums, or have the moderators gotten sloppy lately?

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Xondar123

Quite so.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

LoL you caught my spelling error ty i did edit to par thx

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

I'm glad you picked it up at a good price. I know it can be disheartening to hear some views being what could be considered drastic. If you like it now enjoy it! Just a forewarning you will get to RA5 rather quickly compared to most other MMO's and your play is very limited after that.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

If you're sick and tired of "I Quit" type threads, simply stop clicking on them.  It's not like they're sneaky and you accidentially stumble into them.  You almost always know an "I Quit" thread by reading the thread title.  If the game is so fun, stop wasting your time on the forums and get in game. 

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Originally posted by Remains

Cant see how it would be so bad..? If you like the game and dont feel that theres any shortage of people, then why does it matter? You shouldnt spend much time on the forums under those circumstances, right?

And wasnt "I quit threads" forbidden on the forums, or have the moderators gotten sloppy lately?

I think all the forum moderators were let go along with the customer support team.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

For the record, when I quit STO I didn't post a thread because I felt my points were already well stated by the thousands of others who quit before me.Plus I highly doubt that Cryptic even cares which is one of the reasons I eventually left. I feel that the questionaire that is given to you following cancellation is sufficient enough to let a company know how you feel about their product. Judging by their sh*tty attitude towards people who have legitimate concerns and thoughts on how to improve it I doubt that the questionaires will be giving any weight, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm not the one whose reputation is on the line with this game and I'm not the one whose trying to make a living with MMORPGs.I'm just the customer whose livelyhood that they depend on.

I do have to laugh at the fact that even with Cryptics attempts to silence dissent on their forums that the "I quits" are still being posted. Didn't they sticky a thread a few months ago stating that "I Quit" threads would be immediately taken down? Good luck on the game and I'm glad that you enjoy it. Just don't be surprised with the new "I quit" threads that will continue to come with every new crop of players that try the game nor by the lonely feeling you get when trying to find someone to play with.

[Mod Edit]

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by junzo316

I think all the forum moderators were let go along with the customer support team.

Shhh dont get him all excited he just started let him find out the truth for himself.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

The mods have gotten sloppy, there are "I quite" threads that have lasted for 18 pages before they finally get clanged shut.

In general, I agree that people shouldn't post "I quite" threads, they should be more intelligent about it. Many of these threads are quite decent because the posters state exactly why they are quitting and why they feel that game is bad. If they posted those things without ever making reference to quitting or leaving then maybe Cryptic might read these threads and they might finally "get it."

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

two points-

1. is it financially feasible for cryptic to hire enough staff to moderate all the i quit threads?

2. people read the sto forums and specifically the "i quit" threads because its much more entertaining than the game.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• SpiderpopeSpiderpope Member Posts: 69

Funny..i could have sworn i clicked on my mmorpg.com bookmark not the Star Trek Online forums.

Also for the record, when i cancelled i didn't create an I quit thread either since i said everything i had to say to Cryptic on the little leaving survey thing they give you. Plus Cryptic censor the opinions that disagree with theirs, so there is little point.

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-pope.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

The mods have gotten sloppy, there are "I quite" threads that have lasted for 18 pages before they finally get clanged shut.

In general, I agree that people shouldn't post "I quite" threads, they should be more intelligent about it. Many of these threads are quite decent because the posters state exactly why they are quitting and why they feel that game is bad. If they posted those things without ever making reference to quitting or leaving then maybe Cryptic might read these threads and they might finally "get it."

There were many threads that weren't titled "I Quit" which gave reasonable concerns on the game and ways to fix it. They were ignored by the devs(or one line snide remarks by devs) and used by fanbois to attack the poster. At a certain point you have to just throw up your arms and move on.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Then again, you could just exercise a little self-control and not read them. Problem solved!

People have paid good money for the privilege of saying why STO didn't measure up.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• TheHellfireTheHellfire Member Posts: 67

Never had a chance to post an I quit thread, was banned from the forums since beta for pointing out flaws

• SpiderpopeSpiderpope Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by ktanner3

There were many threads that weren't titled "I Quit" which gave reasonable concerns on the game and ways to fix it. They were ignored by the devs(or one line snide remarks by devs) and used by fanbois to attack the poster. At a certain point you have to just throw up your arms and move on.

Now now Ktanner, Cryptic didn't just ignore the complaints. They rolled out that idiot "Q" several times to distract the posters. As soon as he gets unleashed any complaint thread quickly devolves into "OMG! He sounds like John DeLancie in my head!!?!".  Not sure which is worse, being ignored or being patronised by some fethwit pretending to be a fictional character.

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-pope.

Originally posted by LordDraekon

Then again, you could just exercise a little self-control and not read them. Problem solved!

People have paid good money for the privilege of saying why STO didn't measure up.

I do admit that paying what is it around 300 dollars to become a lifer then to qet frustrated to the point of leaving STO after a few short moths of game play would be upseting. Still to Bash STO to the Nth degree is just like a child crying over his milk mess. My question to lifer's who left why did you pay that much right of that bat? why not wait until you played to see if you wanted to become a lifer?

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

just to make STO look bad

This is your mistake.

k, thanks, bye.

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Originally posted by LordDraekon

I do admit that paying what is it around 300 dollars to become a lifer then to qet frustrated to the point of leaving STO after a few short moths of game play would be upseting. Still to Bash STO to the Nth degree is just like a child crying over his milk mess. My question to lifer's who left why did you pay that much right of that bat? why not wait until you played to see if you wanted to become a lifer?

First off, Cryptic talked a pretty sweet deal. I almost bought into it myself. I think people wanted to believe that they could pul it off, that Champions was just an unfortunate fluke. Most looked at the Lifetime as a cash savings. Cryptic simply didn't deliver and mismanaged their community badly. The trouble is, they seem disinterested in doing anything to change that.

If you're enjoying yourself, more power to you, but you really have no business telling other people not to express disappointment with a product or question why they commited their cash to an unreleased product. That's none of anyone's business. Cryptic is a lousy developer with stubbornly lousy customer service. That is the issue here in its rawest form.

As I said. if you're happy, then avoid threads that offend you and remain blissfully unaware.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• MuridanMuridan Member Posts: 94

WTF is an "OPIONION" ?