Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Resistance Email

MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Supposedly, there will be a trial weekend starting tonight.

I registered, but got no download link. Anyone know more about this?

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Comments

• PalaziousPalazious Member Posts: 162

I got one of these emails as well.  I wasnt sure if it was the same as stargate worlds or not as I havent been keeping up with it lately.  hopefully someone will know.

Palazious <The Vindicators> Darkfall
    Palazious r40, rr45 SW War
    Palazious 50 Pirate PoTBS
    Palazious 35 Sorcerer Vanguard
    Palazious 75 wizard EQ
    Paladori 50 Champion LOTRO
    Poppa Reaver bugged at rank15

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Palazious

I got one of these emails as well.  I wasnt sure if it was the same as stargate worlds or not as I havent been keeping up with it lately.  hopefully someone will know.

After re-reading the website, I get the impression that there is no free download. You have to buy the game to try it out.

if that is true - I'm passing.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Considering the company that was developing SGW and made SGR has gone belly up, I would be a little suspicious of any "offers" at this point. You could be getting a key-logger or who knows what. Be careful.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• supremeaaronsupremeaaron Member UncommonPosts: 189

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Supposedly, there will be a trial weekend starting tonight.

I registered, but got no download link. Anyone know more about this?

To clear things up the link is not up yet. It is supposed to be up at the start of the free trial weekend.

Also I look forward to seeing you guys ingame.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

I got the same e-mail. I just added it to my junk folder and deleted it.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• supremeaaronsupremeaaron Member UncommonPosts: 189

Originally posted by Gruug

Considering the company that was developing SGW and made SGR has gone belly up, I would be a little suspicious of any "offers" at this point. You could be getting a key-logger or who knows what. Be careful.

I can confirm that the SGR trial weekend offer is real and is not an attempt by anyone to send you keyloggers or other evil stuff.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Been trying to get it to work for the past 5 hours, finally just said screw it and chalked SGW SG:R and SG:U up as laughable failures.

• OdesuOdesu Member Posts: 14
    Apparently the flood of interest has taken their site down.

I am, of course, being sarcastic.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

I too got an email, need to check out the comp spec's when I get home. 

SG-R is more or less the combat portion of SGW done as a 3rd person shooter so no it's not any kind of a open world, various quests type of game.  From what I've read it's more of a PVP - enter a battlefield via the Gate - Victory = X.

The free trial is from Firesky and until the link comes up and we know for sure it's a nothing to buy, try it out this weekend only thing, which means we'll probably be stress test guinia pigs for their system.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Originally posted by Nebless

I too got an email, need to check out the comp spec's when I get home. 

SG-R is more or less the combat portion of SGW done as a 3rd person shooter so no it's not any kind of a open world, various quests type of game.  From what I've read it's more of a PVP - enter a battlefield via the Gate - Victory = X.

The free trial is from Firesky and until the link comes up and we know for sure it's a nothing to buy, try it out this weekend only thing, which means we'll probably be stress test guinia pigs for their system.

Current issues indicates they're not on the level of being able to handle Ultra massive amounts of traffic.

Originally posted by Odesu

Apparently the flood of interest has taken their site down. I am, of course, being sarcastic.

LOL.

Uh, yeah. I suspected as much.

Originally posted by GamerAeon

Been trying to get it to work for the past 5 hours, finally just said screw it and chalked SGW SG:R and SG:U up as laughable failures.

SG:U is almost as big a disappointment to me as SGW has become. What a train wreck.

I think they need to bring in Richard Dean Anderson to kick some butt.

• ZhirocZhiroc Member UncommonPosts: 220

From what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that SGR requires the proprietary game servers to run it. Don't most FPSes let anyone host the world, so you can have LAN parties, etc.?

If this is accurate, that means that when buying the game you are reliant on the company running it to remain in business.

Anyone hear what the receiver is recommending to the court about the validity/legality of the asset transfer from CME to SGR's current owners? (I forget the name...)

• GaragnoirGaragnoir Member Posts: 18

The game was simply awful as SG: Worlds in beta and I can only imagine it's the same crappy game with the MMO elements removed in favor of a deathmatch type format in the hopes of making a couple bucks. I got the email too and just laughed.

I won't be bothering to waste hard drive space on this miscarriage of a game.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

I got this e-mail and am at least willing to download it.  Unfortunately, their server isn't responding when you click the link to start the trial.

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

Hey Stargate Fan!

Are you ready to join the Resistance? Join the action this weekend for a special Stargate Resistance free play event! Stargate Resistance pits the arrogant System Lords against the SGC in a fast paced and deadly 3rd person shooter battle for Galactic Domination. Here are some of the features you will enjoy:

• Dominance: Battle for control of the galaxy as either the SGC or System Lords, wresting power away from your foes with each glorious victory!

• Dial It Up: Spearhead the assault by charging through the Stargate into enemy territory--drawn straight from the amazing Stargate series! 

• Game Play Variety:  Master all 6 classes and use their unique abilities to turn the tide of battle. Earn experience with each class to advance through the ranks.

• True Stargate Weapons:  Play with a vast array of weapons including the P90, Proximity Mines, Staff weapons, Sniper Rifle, .50 MG Turret and Anti-Cloak Sight, Ribbon Device and Ashrak Blades!

To jump into the action simply click the link below to join the Resistance with a free Firesky account. Those who decide to purchase Stargate Resistance from Firesky during the event will receive a FREE bonus Advanced Combat Pack for the Jaffa and Commando classes! This is a limited time offer so join the battle!

Thanks for being a fan of Stargate Resistance, and we'll see you at the event!

The SG:R Team

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405

i got the email too, I will file this is the "run away like Ricky Bobby being burnt by the invsible fire" section

good luck to any one who tries it, i was part of the beta, and the 3 people i saw didnt seem impressed.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Got the mail.

Read the website.

Not a word about it being a mmo, it's supposedly a third person shooter.

Figured its not the same as Stargate Worlds.

Removed myself from mailing list.

Checked this forum.

Made a post.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I too got this email.  The site is up and down.  You cant log in. There is no download link once you do get logged in.

I guess mark this one up as a joke.  What a shame these bunch of folks will never ever be able to get one thing right.

I thought ok I would go see whats is all about, too bad they have foever lost tons of folks as potential customers.

• GurgleGurgle Member UncommonPosts: 16

Its Resistance, (tested it - yeah its crap) that's not this game.

• Nov8trNov8tr Member UncommonPosts: 107

Game gone. They filed for bankruptcy in Feb and it was a done deal on March 29th 2010. Game over.

I'm old not dead. (Nov8tr is pronounced innovator)

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Well I actually got the thing to download, and created a new account.

All I can say is I had more fun with doom, and with quack.  The engine is old very old.  Your limited to 3 choices on either side of what to be.

It is a sad thing.

Game Over,  as in this one should be.

• FumblesFumbles Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by erictlewis

Well I actually got the thing to download, and created a new account.

All I can say is I had more fun with doom, and with quack.  The engine is old very old.  Your limited to 3 choices on either side of what to be.

It is a sad thing.

Game Over,  as in this one should be.

The engine is the latest release of the Unreal3 engine. Yes there are 3 choices per faction and all six classes play very different. Fun is relative to the individual. They are adding to the game with a new map releasing in a few days and they have discussed other additions in the works on the SGR forums.

Edited to add: This weekend will be another freeplay weekend if you didn't get the chance to try last weekend you get another chance.

• ariccaronariccaron Member Posts: 95

I wanted an MMO, not an afterthought 3rd person shooter assembled for the design department floor sweepings.

No interest in Resistance at all.

• Nov8trNov8tr Member UncommonPosts: 107

ROFLMAO,  uh  that is really funny dude. You downloaded a DEAD game? Why? The company is closed. The building is empty. The employees are gone.  There is NO GAME. They died  two months ago. Bankruptcy was FINAL last month. Why can you still download the game? Hell i don't know, maybe someone thinks its funny. If you look at the YEAR the post on their site are made, it's 2 MONTHS ago for a handful of the newest post. A handful from less than 2 months ago. And they are from people who again are not reading what YEAR the post were made. Funny stuff. There have been no dev post in 2 months now. But I am amused by reading about people still posting and downloading the game. That's entertainment. LOL  :) What was left of the company moved and has tried to continue the project with almost zero success. Looks like Stargate Worlds is gone peeps. Please stop beating the dead horse now.

Link  to bankruptcy and "little brother Stargate Resistance".

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53227/Stargate-Worlds-Stargate-Resistance-Developer-Goes-Bankrupt

I'm old not dead. (Nov8tr is pronounced innovator)