Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some beta screenshots

Comments

• WoWisLEETWoWisLEET Member Posts: 68
    Looks like they added somemore to this link.

Some more shots posted by another beta tester

http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=d94e8469e383a6ffeb7f40065c7e8dbd&threadid=17827

(edit: they combined all threads into this one)

• BoogieBoogie Member Posts: 14

Nice to see somethin happening image

3rd post link  is broken

Rather rule in hell , than serve in heaven

• notalentnotalent Member Posts: 123

hahah in the last picture the dwarf's name is Grundle ::::02::

thanks for postin the screens. like boogie said it IS nice to see something happening

• stav1stav1 Member Posts: 282

ok although my enthusiasm for this game has veered crazily up and down over the last couple of weeks- i am now very hyped.

I like the visual style, i like the skill system, i like the pvp, i like the castles. And i like the orcs :)

Frankly, this is the only innovative PvP game near release. Out in a couple of weeks i think.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by stav1
    ok although my enthusiasm for this game has veered crazily up and down over the last couple of weeks- i am now very hyped.
    I like the visual style, i like the skill system, i like the pvp, i like the castles. And i like the orcs :)
    Frankly, this is the only innovative PvP game near release. Out in a couple of weeks i think.

I know alot of people are going to hate me for what i'm about to say.... but I thought 90% of the screen shots were pretty ugly.

Like this one: The Dwarfs hand is screwed up badly

The ones from the elf area look good. Not sure if the screen shots were taken by folks with crappy PC's or not. Yes I know graphics aren't everything. Yet how immersed can I get in a world if I can't stand to look at it. I think i'll wait for pictures from folks in the Open Beta. Because i've got my fingers crossed that either A) The ingame screen shots turn out crappy because of the client (And should use a 3rd party program like Clipper or Fraps) or B) They were just using crappy PC's.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 219

The system settings of the person taking the screenshots will obviously play a factor.

Only way to find out for sure is for ourselves. Fortunately that opportunity will arrive shortly.

Originally posted by Roin

Originally posted by stav1

I know alot of people are going to hate me for what i'm about to say.... but I thought 90% of the screen shots were pretty ugly.

Like this one: The Dwarfs hand is screwed up badly

The ones from the elf area look good. Not sure if the screen shots were taken by folks with crappy PC's or not. Yes I know graphics aren't everything. Yet how immersed can I get in a world if I can't stand to look at it. I think i'll wait for pictures from folks in the Open Beta. Because i've got my fingers crossed that either A) The ingame screen shots turn out crappy because of the client (And should use a 3rd party program like Clipper or Fraps) or B) They were just using crappy PC's.

Ya, they state on the forums how the first set of screenshots were taken by a person with a lower resolution than the rest.  The shots are done by three different beta testers.  The ones listed by spoonbender are on the highest graphic setting.
  • RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

This one looks ok

http://www.sabbie.nl/link/mourning/001.jpg

But some of the others are pretty average... but like others have noted its probably due to graphics settings on the PC taking the shots. Like this one

http://www.sabbie.nl/link/mourning/girly/girly06.jpg

Still, nice to see some action happening. The sooner they get the Beta running, lift the NDA and allow some "less filtered" information out the sooner we can all get an idea of what we are actually dealing with here. Sooner the better image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• stav1stav1 Member Posts: 282

Yeah - i've also noticed the differing quality in screenshots - only way to know for sure is from the OB screens.

Once i am in (probably tomorrow) i will give you all a first impressions review plus some screenies - if the NDA has been lifted of course.

And i'll try to be as objective as i can

• OwynOwyn Member Posts: 337

I'm hoping they lift the NDA myself. I've preordered, and they've said preorders will get in the "open" beta. So I should be in something this week. I would LOVE to be able to spread some news about the game once I see it, but we'll have to see what they do NDA-wise.

Owyn
    Commander, Defenders of Order
    http://www.defendersoforder.com

• WagnardWagnard Member Posts: 21
    Honestly these screeenshots seem a little fake and made up to me. Or am I just neing paranoid and contributing to uprising hysteria? image

More screenshots added at the bottom of the first link:

http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/showthread.php3?s=b00ef0c0afc59f929f0504b220d501e9&threadid=17886

(just in case ya lazy like me image)

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

I think i'm just spoiled after playing FFXI, WoW, and EQ2. Everyone talked badly about FFXI, but fact is. FFXI had some of the best character models i've seen in a game yet. The animations were good as well. Everytime I look at those screenshots and I think about the hands. In FFXI you would see your hand clearly holding the weapon. Not to mention the fingers on the hand were articulated. I remember as a Bard I use to love watching my Elvaan play a flute or Harp. Watching each finger move individual to strum a string or cover a hole.

From the articulated fingers, to the movement of your characters eyes and mouth. To even how they breathed or carried out an emote. You always felt like your character was actually a living creature. Armor didn't feel like it was just a matter of changing the skin texture on the model. When you looked at armor you felt like it was something under it. *shrugs* Maybe I have just been spoiled. Because the more I look at the screenshots the more I feel like they just aren't 'doing' it for me. Even the hi-res ones look about maybe a half a step above Shadowbane.

The world detail is beautiful, and very well done. The character models just look too out of place in them though. Like 90% of the development was done on the world. With the other 10% being left for weapon, armor, and character models. Also worried about the fact that with only 4 races. There will be alot of 'twins' running around the game world.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• OwynOwyn Member Posts: 337

Heh - I look at it this way.

Mourning is a full pvp game. That means every player worth their salt is going to be playing with video settings turned down way low, anyway. I've played a lot of games - most of them pvp oriented. For me, eye candy is a waste of time - I rarely see it anyway.

Owyn
    Commander, Defenders of Order
    http://www.defendersoforder.com