Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would u buy another cryptic game?

1235»

Comments

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Even if they are sold for 5 $...will never buy one after CO.

• PlageronPlageron Member Posts: 109

I had to say yes i would get another of their games....but i should qualify...only if it interests me.

I do enjoy Star Trek online.....i like how they talk to you inthe forums and the customer service they give....

it makes me laugh when i see people who post what bad service they got...becasue its a out right lie....when you see the developers respond to the posts or are in game doing things.....its actualy really nice....i like how their game lets you actualy look at what people have done on their characters....so you can tell the lie-tellers to go fly a kite.....

i noticed a bunch of them make a big production and say they have to quit now for phantom reasons....lmao

Its just not like worlds of warcraft or star wars galaxies or aion where they just dont care what you think.....

i got hooked with them when they did city of heroes...i still play that game...its not them anymore...but i still love it...

i didnt have the heart to try champions online..but the treky side made me play and i love the star trek online game....

i even got to speak to people who designed content and things for some older star trek games...and who do the work on some of the star trek fan sites that make movies and shows and stuff....

so if they come out with some new game that is actualy is something i might be interested in...i might give it a shot....depends on how much money i have and how much time i want to devote and the overall content....

I hate to say this...there isnt much they could come out with that isnt already in existence though...so go figure...

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Plageron

I had to say yes i would get another of their games....but i should qualify...only if it interests me.

I do enjoy Star Trek online.....i like how they talk to you inthe forums and the customer service they give....

it makes me laugh when i see people who post what bad service they got...becasue its a out right lie....when you see the developers respond to the posts or are in game doing things.....its actualy really nice....i like how their game lets you actualy look at what people have done on their characters....so you can tell the lie-tellers to go fly a kite.....

i noticed a bunch of them make a big production and say they have to quit now for phantom reasons....lmao

Its just not like worlds of warcraft or star wars galaxies or aion where they just dont care what you think.....

i got hooked with them when they did city of heroes...i still play that game...its not them anymore...but i still love it...

i didnt have the heart to try champions online..but the treky side made me play and i love the star trek online game....

i even got to speak to people who designed content and things for some older star trek games...and who do the work on some of the star trek fan sites that make movies and shows and stuff....

so if they come out with some new game that is actualy is something i might be interested in...i might give it a shot....depends on how much money i have and how much time i want to devote and the overall content....

I hate to say this...there isnt much they could come out with that isnt already in existence though...so go figure...

Yeah that works both ways though, Ive seen several people claim they have had an "awesome time playing" and loved sto but when you look at their profile they haven't played in a month. Btw I think you want this , and this .  not .....

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

I loved playing CoH. I've subscribed to that mmo longer than any other.

But having now played CO now having heard all the terrible things guildies have said about STO after playing it.... I'm beginning to think that NCSoft were the better half of that partnership.

I found Aion terribly dull - but only because I'm bored with that EQ-clone style of MMO. It was what it set out to be and a quality product. CO most definitely was not.

I have to applaud Cryptic for what they set out to do with CO. But the only thing they really got right was the costume designer. The rest of the game was a dog's breakfast.

• BenedictXVBenedictXV Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Zorgo

Is this hypothetical game a fun game from Cryptic, or a game from Cryptic that isn't fun?

I wonder if Parker Bros. gets this kind of hate from people who buy Monopoly and then don't enjoy it. Do you think the Parker Bros. forums are a-blaze with hate posts about how 'monopoly' didn't capture the feel of Atlantic City? That "monopoly's" property system sequesters player from healthy socialization? That "monopoly" is just a re-skinning of "the game of Life"?

Do you think people are debating whether they should boycott Parker Bros. future games because of the unethical deal they received with "Monopoly"?

I swear, some gamers have the dumbest things to get passionate about.

You bought a video game, it was a let down. Buyer be ware. What if Cryptic's next game is hella fun and gets blockbuster reviews in every category including customer service? Cryptic wasn't trying to screw anyone. They wanted to make a game they hoped people would enjoy and thus they could earn a living by entertaining you. They failed. They aren't evil, they had a set back. This level of hate is ludicrous and shameful.

Save your indignation and boycotts for truly evil corporations that are actually doing bad things like forcing children to work for slave wages and long hours or purposefully leave unsafe conditions in factories, knowing employees will die, simply because it is cheaper than upgrading equipment. THESE are actual things ACTUALLY happening by real corporations and yet, I bet the shirt on your back was made by a 9 year old in Vietnam and 1 in the morning as you speculate wheter Cryptic deserves your business because of the pain Star Trek Online caused you.

This planet is doomed.

I believe you missed the point from a couple of light years sir.

I'm sure that a dev would like to do the best game possible and the most fun to play, they are dev after all and dev=gamers.

Who we are blaming is not the devs themself but the guys on top of the devs, those that say : hey you got a damn good idea there!!! But take too long to create and will cost too much so forget it. Or those boss who get on the devs and say : Well the game is kinda unfinished but....We could still make a couple $$$ with the life subs.

It's those people that we blame

And people over here have the right to be indignate or to boycott Cryptic, they were offered a great chance to make an EPIC game. They hyped the game really hard. And in the end , we gamers received a game barely finished, rushed out, at full sub price, with an ingame market so they can scr** us some more $$$. And i like the expression i saw on another post : The game is simply soulless and empty with no whatsoever feeling of Star Trek if indeed for the ship that got warp nacelles and a saucer.

And this is a forum about games, mmorpg. Not a forum about how should we save kids. They are plenty of forums to post for those kind of things like : http://www.amnesty.ca/ wich is a good place to take action against slavery and equality and humans rights.

And to finish, out of three games they made (counting CoH and CoV as one) 2 of them failed. It's understandable when people say they wont buy another game from them.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

I chose the " no, played sto/co and will not" option as there wasnt a "HELL NO" option

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Well I for one will never buy another Cryptic game.  The game is now at the level it should of been when it was released

• JonC88JonC88 Member Posts: 3

I played COH and got bored of the repetitive instances.  I played STO and got bored of the repetitive instances.  I believe I see a trend there.  I would bet good money that the next game will have...repetitive instances.

As a huge Star Trek fan, I think it poor that they traded in on the name to create a space combat game that was only Star Trek in name only and not in any substance except to use Star Trek ship skins.

I cancelled my subscription last night.

I will be extremely cautious about any future games Cryptic gets its paws on.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

I bought CO, hated it, then couldn't help but buy an MMO with ST name attached, hated it to. I guess I bought into the hype and the idea that CO was just a cash cow for the real deal, STO. Turns out every game is simply a cash cow to Crytpic.

I wouldn't buy a third meal at a restaurant thay served me bad food for a premium price, I wouldn't go to a mechanic after paying him twice for the same engine problem, I wouldn't buy an MMO after hating the last two clones created by this company I wasted money on.