Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speaking of Hacked accounts

kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I got an E-Mail from NCSoft informing me that my account will be banned if I dont stop selling game money.

Well that is funny because I have never had an Aion account, and don't plan on playing that game.

The E-Mail address is one that I hardly ever use, in fact the last time I used that address was July 2008.

Oh well I guess the gold selling scum will stoop to anything.

Still I wonder how they got my address.

Oh and I replied to the Email and told them to go ahead and ban the account.

Comments

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Do you have a PlayNC-account with this Email?

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I personally think banning accounts for RMT is non detectable and stupid. Once money is traded that is it...

If your Play NC accoutn is not registered to that ignore it because they dont offically give warnings like that and its possibly a philishing email I get many of them on most my MMO gamer accounts by bots asking for me to login, ect, which is not plaync.

I had over 3 Mil taken off my whole account just because i Unintentionally made a trade with someone who I did not know was a real money trader, and their name looked very legit, not akjsdoldas. Play NC does not do a very good job monitoring properly, and should require real money trade evidence before taking action against an account, such as a person saying in game. I will give you $15 for 1mil gold, Then take action, but if there is no evidence, then all trades are final. Ban bot users only if caught.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Originally posted by kb4blu

I got an E-Mail from NCSoft informing me that my account will be banned if I dont stop selling game money.

Well that is funny because I have never had an Aion account, and don't plan on playing that game.

The E-Mail address is one that I hardly ever use, in fact the last time I used that address was July 2008.

Oh well I guess the gold selling scum will stoop to anything.

Still I wonder how they got my address.

Oh and I replied to the Email and told them to go ahead and ban the account.

Really good answer indeed. Tell them also that you made tons of $$$ already and you do not care of their opinion :D for sure they will ban the gold seller scum!

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Originally posted by Herodes

No.

The thing is dont game companies usually send you a verification to your Email when you open an account.  If they had I would have known about this.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by kb4blu

Originally posted by Herodes
     No.
    The thing is dont game companies usually send you a verification to your Email when you open an account.  If they had I would have known about this.

It is because I have the same problem: I never had an Aion account or played it, but I get scam mails for Aion. But I also get some for Guildwars and WoW - in a triple pack.

So if you never registered an NCsoft game on this Email (GW, CoX L2 etc), then the cammers must have our emails from elsewhere.

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Actually , if you ever had a Curse.com account thats how they got your email address.  A few months ago www.Aionsource.com was hacked and its part of the curse network.. If this isn't your case then its really hard to tell how they got it but my Aion email address was different than my curse one and I got a simular email to the address I used to sign up for the curse client back in my Warhammer days about my Aion account being banned , Upon checking it out everyone that had signed up for Aionsource got the same email.