Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

planetside resource building

I hear that with the new expansion you will be able to build structures on planets to harvest resources. My concern, as always, is whether this is just yet another 0.0 corp only activity or will it actually be accesssible to us mere mortals?

Comments

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

It's every planet in the game

Nulsec

NPC 0.0

lo-sec

hisec

and wormholes too apparently

Corp/Alliance membership isnt requirered either, you can still do PI from within an NPC Corp

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

My understanding is you can also do it cloaked, so unless you just make a mistake you should be safe. I know it supposed to be new player friendly, but I don't know what that means.

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

theres only 3 skills on the test server for it

prices on structures is harder to guess tho ... everything costs 100 isk :p

it's possible basic structures will be relatively cheap, but higher tier stuff will be more expensive

atm pricing on PI things is pure speculation, and we won't know till TQ is patched

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I have to wonder if this will eventually turn into a RTS game with little tanks and soilders running around on the surface.

• Fa+eFa+e Vanguard CorrespondentMember Posts: 190

Originally posted by Lateris

I have to wonder if this will eventually turn into a RTS game with little tanks and soilders running around on the surface.

Dust 514 is going to feel that role.  I think it's going to be cool.

http://www.ccpgames.com/en/products/dust-514.aspx

Currently Playing: Aion
    Trying Out:
    Retired: The Chronicles of Spellborn, EvE, LotRo, WoW, VG, AoC, CoX, RO
    Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Black Prophecy, Global Agenda, The Agency, SW:ToR, T.E.R.A.
    Working On: The 5th Dimension (coming soon)

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Hey Fate- how goes Vanguard these days? I love the terrain design in that game.

• Fa+eFa+e Vanguard CorrespondentMember Posts: 190

To be honest, I haven't been in the game in quite some time.  The last time I was there, the game had been altered so much from its original self that it was unrecognizable to me.  Of course this is from the standpoint of the Newbie Island though.  The game is certainly more accessible now though.  Computers that couldn't run it before should be able to now, fairly easily.

Currently Playing: Aion
    Trying Out:
    Retired: The Chronicles of Spellborn, EvE, LotRo, WoW, VG, AoC, CoX, RO
    Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Black Prophecy, Global Agenda, The Agency, SW:ToR, T.E.R.A.
    Working On: The 5th Dimension (coming soon)

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

any word on what these new resources will be used on? i know some pos fuel items that u would normally get from npcs, but that stuff is dirt cheap anyways. anything else?

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

Originally posted by Salio69
    any word on what these new resources will be used on? i know some pos fuel items that u would normally get from npcs, but that stuff is dirt cheap anyways. anything else?

Originally by CCP Soundwave
    The end rewards will come off the NPC market. Basically you'll be able to build POS structures, sov structures, POS fuel (the NPC seeded parts), T2 components (the NPC seeded parts again), station components and nanite repair paste. Might be forgetting something, but that's it I think.

//insert sig here
  • ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

How much traning and ISK will be involved for an amateur industrialist to get a basic planetside base going? Also, will it be like roids where you sit and mine, or will they generate resources on their own. Also, what resources are we gathering exactly?

Originally posted by Toxilium

How much traning and ISK will be involved for an amateur industrialist to get a basic planetside base going? Also, will it be like roids where you sit and mine, or will they generate resources on their own. Also, what resources are we gathering exactly?

As for isk and training it's hard to say but I think it will start very small and easy, probably with minimal rewards.

It will not be like mining, you set it up and come back to it at set intervals (I Think)

If you really want an answer to the last question, you should go to EVEFiles.com and do a search for PI and PIM (Planetary Interaction Mineral) There are 4 very good pdf files there.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Read the dev blogs!

Those guides were from a very early test server release, wouldnt pay too much attention too them.

also, the version that will be released with tyrannis will also be just the basic, they said in a recent blog that they are dedicating a team to continue working on the feature after expansion release, so hopefully it will get more complex and more interesting later on

Originally posted by sadeyx

Read the dev blogs!

Those guides were from a very early test server release, wouldnt pay too much attention too them.

also, the version that will be released with tyrannis will also be just the basic, they said in a recent blog that they are dedicating a team to continue working on the feature after expansion release, so hopefully it will get more complex and more interesting later on

That would be your loss.

The information there is taken from the blogs and put into a format that can be printed out and used for reference. The current ones are all accurate, and when changes are made they are quickly updated. There is an new one today as a matter of fact.

• dchippiedchippie Member UncommonPosts: 57

what i would like to know is..... would the buildings be attackable from space ? and also if one person has a building on one side of the planet, could i come along a place my building on the other side of planet as well ?

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by dchippie

what i would like to know is..... would the buildings be attackable from space ? and also if one person has a building on one side of the planet, could i come along a place my building on the other side of planet as well ?

You can't attack other people but you can place a building on a planet where someone else has.

This is not a game.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Have not read if there will be any planetary combat from space but all will be able to create a small colony on a planet regardless if there is already someone on it. The more people that utilize the planet the less resources that one will get from it.

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by Toxilium

CCP have specifically stated that they want PI to be new player freindly - ie not many skills needed and not much of a startup ISK sink.

They will generate resources on their own. You'll check it in set intervals, ie. every 12 hours or so.

Resources are current NPC resources, such as POS Fuel. There's also stuff like Planetary Vehicles and such, which may point in a direction that PI will be linked with Dust 514.

I have my data from Sisi and the PI thread on the eve-o boards.

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (: