Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign's of Financial Distress or C-Store Bug?

FelconianFelconian Member Posts: 103

Hi All

So this poor guy got taken for ride in the C-Store "At least he feels that way". But look at the post's that follow this poor soul's post.

Other players have been experiencing the same thing and look "Cryptic has discontinued there Live Phone Support!" .....WTF??

Wake up People ...you knee deep in the &^*$% ....

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=152595

Warning!: This refering post has been edited by the moderator ...and sellected infomation has been deleted!

...Go Cryptic

Theory:

1)Could this be a deliberate attempt to reduce there exposure to C-Store point refunds just in case they fold the game and have to refund clients?

2)Is it not a bit shady cancelling your customer support line and not notifying you player base about it especial when there is so many problems with the game! Leaving the only communication channel availible to clients, the ticket system which take 4-12 weeks to get a reply... from or not at all !

Gamstop .. Did give Points and still do! Bonus

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73923

Comments

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

I am so glad i got a refund on the lifetime i saw the writing on the wall about a week after i bought it and i am damn glad i did. I feel sorry for that guy though he is totally screwed and not much he can do about it.

Going to watch that thread and see how much the lifers torture him for having the nerve to post something negative about their baby.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

WOW.. live phone support is not available..  Talk about  a,  " FU " customer support..   With that type of business model,  I would love for the player base to "boycott" Cryptic for 1 month, for those that enjoy the game.. If nothing more then to support your fellow players, and to send a message to Cryptic/Atari..   Yep.. 30 days of NO subscription revenue should be a strong message on WHO's the BOSS.. :)

• GreatGatsbyGreatGatsby Member UncommonPosts: 19

Well I just quit!

I want nothing to do with Cryptic anymore... I don’t post on the forums because you will be banned or just be grinded ! I had the same problem and am waiting for them to fix it. But they never get back to you. This guy still got a response for is ticket, I did not get my uniforms from my purchase with the Gold Edition and am still waiting for that.... Yes 3 months later!

My points also got zapped and I though it was just me...! Now I can’t even call them... How are you to sort something out if they block the entire communication route for their customers!

I get the feeling something is very wrong over there ...and it look like I am not the only one!

Never Again.... Cryptic!

Originally posted by Rydeson

WOW.. live phone support is not available..  Talk about  a,  " FU " customer support..   With that type of business model,  I would love for the player base to "boycott" Cryptic for 1 month, for those that enjoy the game.. If nothing more then to support your fellow players, and to send a message to Cryptic/Atari..   Yep.. 30 days of NO subscription revenue should be a strong message on WHO's the BOSS.. :)

If they pulled phone support in less then 3 months i think craptic is in worse shape than i could have hoped for. GOOD hopefully someone will buy them out and actually do justice to the IP

• GreatGatsbyGreatGatsby Member UncommonPosts: 19

I am just upset that there is nothing i can do about it now.... !

Its all done for... no way of contacting them if anything go's wrong....and i was so hoping they would change this game and make it great!

I am glad i did not take the LTS.... offer i was tempted!

• FelconianFelconian Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by GreatGatsby

I am just upset that there is nothing i can do about it now.... !

Its all done for... no way of contacting them if anything go's wrong....and i was so hoping they would change this game and make it great!

I am glad i did not take the LTS.... offer i was tempted!

Yea ..well join the club..! 

My rage is over i just think they should not be allowed to succeed. It will only lead to more companies going down the same route!

You learn from things like this!

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

The fans should have let Cryptic do their 90 day special. Now they're nickleing and diming them in the C-Store :P

CO is going cheap these days 20 bucks BB , STO now about 30 bucks, like 4 euros for CO in Europe wtf? I'm wondering where they are getting their numbers for subs. Are they including the 30 day free time as subs then the profits off the boxes probably won't equal a monthly sub. CO now has a 3 months for $30 special. It's gotten pretty low but nothing alarming. There is a big bonus from Atari for exceeding projected revenues. Devs aren't really put much out for either CO or STO but I think CO has had the best patch. With them saying 100k subs they are in profitting I believe them. They made their money I'm betting.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Cryptic's BBB rating has improved over the past little while. They are now at C+ instead of just F: http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Report/Cryptic-Studios-221613

Having no telephone support sounds like something the BBB would frown on. I would recomend that this guy and anyone else who was taken for a ride file a complaint with the BBB. They should specifically mention the fact that Cryptic shut down telephone support and are completely unwilling to work with them to resolve the issue. Cryptic has been addressing about 50% of the claims filed with the BBB, so there is at least a 50% chance they will recieve some recompense.

The next thing to do is to call your credit card issuer (assuming these Cryptic points were purchased with Credit card) and get them to issue a chargeback. Despite what anyone may ever tell you THE CARDHOLDER IS NEVER EVER PENALIZED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM FOR ASKING FOR A CHARGEBACK! It is against the law, and cardholder agreement to ever punish the cardholder for issuing a chargeback. The very worst that can happen is that your chargeback request will be denied, anhd that only happens in 10% of cases. That's right: credit card issuers decide chargebacks in favour of the cardholder in 90% of cases! Also, I'm fairly sure that Cryptic is probably flagged in the database of every major bank and credit card company because of all the past chargebacks for fraudulent payments and dissatisfied customers.

Chargebacks can have a time limit (usually 30-45 days, so unfortunately any lifetime subscribers, who purchased their subscription in January or February, who want a refund on their subscription may be out of luck, still it doesn't hurt to try) so the sooner one is filed the better.

Some information regarding chargebacks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

http://www.essortment.com/all/creditcardchar_tvsj.htm (This website makes it clear that the onus is on the merchant to prevent chargebacks by making sure their customers are satisfied so they don't want to issue a chargeback!)

http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/credit-card-chargebacks

http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/credit_card_chargeback_rights.php

Finally, do not ever believe anyone who says that you can be punished or penilized for issuing a chargeback. This is fear-mongering and completely and utterly false. Please do not spread such rumours that you can be punished or penilized for issuing a chargeback. You simply cannot, and why would you make your fellow consumer fear using a tool designed to prevent shady business practices and fraud?

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Rydeson

I guess they figured they could stop paying their csr's in favor of a computer that just spams out "issue resolved" in response to tickets.  If they made they decision to stop phones support for whatever reason, the least they could do was post a sticky on the forums saying " hey don't bother calling the cs number just send a ticket".

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

No offense Xor, but the BBB is by far the most useless business out there. You don't have to beleive me, but beleive this. When someone reports you to the BBB, all you get is a letter in the mail notifying you, that is it. And anyone can make a complaint too. I've had complaint letters sent to me about how bad our food tasted or that we dont have a public restroom when the business i run is a loan company. Guess they meant the snack machine in the office .... :( Anyways, its sad to see they dropped CS phone support. I can already see the bad that will come out of that.

• PermianPermian Member CommonPosts: 78

Originally posted by Felconian

Other players have been experiencing the same thing and look "Cryptic has discontinued there Live Phone Support!" .....WTF??

...Go Cryptic

2)Is it not a bit shady cancelling your customer support line and not notifying you player base about it especial when there is so many problems with the game! Leaving the only communication channel availible to clients, the ticket system which take 4-12 weeks to get a reply... from or not at all !

I couldn't see anything in that post about the customer support telephone line ...

But I am seeing that Phoxe edited the post without any explanation ...

Originally posted by Permian

...Go Cryptic

I couldn't see anything in that post about the customer support telephone line ...

LOL he did edit it out. YUP me thinks things are not going good in STO land

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

told u x-fire dont lie lol and u know its bad when they cant afford 1 $8 minimum wage csr.

I wonder how long it is gonna be before a lifer comes into this thread and tells us we made the whole thing up?

You just know someone is going to do it i just wonder when.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Originally posted by Betaboo

I wonder how long it is gonna be before a lifer comes into this thread and tells us we made the whole thing up?

They already are. Several of the CDF have basically called the OP a lier. Saying GS did not include the 500 pts, despite the fact that wasn't even the OP's issue.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

This company capitalized on your foaming mouths hungry for a Star Trek MMO experience. And you all bought it hook line and sinker. Got nothing you were promised and payed for everything you thought would be included in the game. If you look at this in retrospect its the same thing all the game companies have been doing its just not as blunt and in your face like this company did to every single one of you. Now you are going to take it, sit back down and get ripped off again by some future game maybe by a different company. How much longer are you going to sit around and get ripped off and do nothing about it. that goes to any mmo gamer.

Originally posted by Die_Scream

They already are. Several of the CDF have basically called the OP a lier. Saying GS did not include the 500 pts, despite the fact that wasn't even the OP's issue.

I noticed that and i thought the reasoning behind what they were doing is they cant rip the op for the bug because it is well documented so they rip him and discredit him for the 500 points which can not be proven either way. As long as they discredit him it does not matter to them as long as he is discredited.

I am so glad i dont know people like them in RL or i would be in jail for assault and battery.

• gholstongholston Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by aleos

This company capitalized on your foaming mouths hungry for a Star Trek MMO experience. And you all bought it hook line and sinker. Got nothing you were promised and payed for everything you thought would be included in the game. If you look at this in retrospect its the same thing all the game companies have been doing its just not as blunt and in your face like this company did to every single one of you. Now you are going to take it, sit back down and get ripped off again by some future game maybe by a different company. How much longer are you going to sit around and get ripped off and do nothing about it. that goes to any mmo gamer.

Said like a true Eve Online player.

+1

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Originally posted by Die_Scream

I noticed that and i thought the reasoning behind what they were doing is they cant rip the op for the bug because it is well documented so they rip him and discredit him for the 500 points which can not be proven either way. As long as they discredit him it does not matter to them as long as he is discredited.

I am so glad i dont know people like them in RL or i would be in jail for assault and battery.

Most of them wouldn't act liek that in real life,most only act that way coz they cna hide behnd the anonymity of the net.People are very "brave" and outspoken when there no chance of consequences for their actions.I mena readiing any forum, anwhere on the net, on anything proves that every day,

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Permian

...Go Cryptic

LOL he did edit it out. YUP me thinks things are not going good in STO land

Looks like they pulled the phone numbers off the support page too.  Maybe they're using all their cs people to do tickets instead? Looks like phoxe editted the OP in the thread without deleting the responses to the phone support issue.  Like I said before, if you're going to stop phone support, fine let people know. Cryptic wonders why people get suspicous of them then they do this and edit any reference to it out of the post.

Cryptic's backend systems have had other problems in the past doing maths with promotional rewards.

For example, pre-order boxes that included an extra 60 days of free game time. There were two codes - one for 30 days and one for the promotional 60 days. If you applied the 30 code before the 60 code the backend system would add them together and come up with 60 days! If you applied the 60 code before the 30 code result = 90 days!

It happened to me and I complained about it and it took four weeks to resolve!!!

I'd stopped playing anyway by that time.

The same thing happened to many of the members in my fleet.

Probably the same guy at Cryptic working on all the backend systems systematically building the same error in to all of the systems. Anyway, would like to hear more confirmations that the support lines have been pulled out of operation. Wasn't there one number for the US and another for UK/EU?

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789

Considering the OP in that thread went on at length about how he did not recieve his GameStop 500 C-Store points to start with, and then continued to claim he should have when others pointed out that he wasn't suppose to, then I guess he was either mistaken or lying. Go back and re-read his post. 

Let's party like it is 1863!

Originally posted by bstiff

Looks like they pulled the phone numbers off the support page too.  Maybe they're using all their cs people to do tickets instead?  Like I said before, if you're going to stop phone support, fine let people know.

Think I'll grab some popcorn and beer and wait for the anrgy posters to start their engines. image

All Phoxe did by editing that post was draw attention.

Originally posted by Gruug

Considering the OP in that thread went on at length about how he did not recieve his GameStop 500 C-Store points to start with, and then continued to claim he should have when others pointed out that he wasn't suppose to, then I guess he was either mistaken or lying. Go back and re-read his post. 

Well he went with two friends they all bought the same box and they all got the points so lets go with that part of the story. And i would also like to say the system they had was borked so i am inclined to aggree with him.

I bought the lifetime and then got a refund on it when i came to my senses and when all was said and done and i recieved my refund i wound up with 750 cryptic points the liberated borg and the two extra slots and that was after i got my refund. so the point system was whacked and that is why i am inclined to belive him.

Why i got the 750 cryptic points i have no idea that was not included in the lifer package as far as i know it just added it in.

Originally posted by Gruug

The OP clearly said he had 500 points and had seen the points in the store.

Sadly it always seem to be the case that the defenders on the STO forums accuse someone of lying instead of taking someone at their word. The interweb definition of "toxic community" should say "see STO forums".