Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some new DX10 screenshots I took today :)

Hope you like em as much as I do :D I'm loving my return to LOTRO, can't belive how inmersive the world feels, as someone said in the forum a few days ago, it is by far the most "MMORPGish" experience I've experienced in a long time, lots of stuff to do, excelent graphics, good story, amazing comunity...

Anyways, stop with the fanboy comments, hope you like em ;)

Comments

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

game looks pretty good

never was into the middle earth mythology but have heard alot of good things about this game

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

Damn they look good. I will have to try out the free 10 day trial.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

I have always thought lotro was the best looking mmo when you factor in performance and fun.  I really enjoyed playing except for the emptiness...  and it really doesn't have much to do with the movies.

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Been contemplating coming back myself, the game has always been one of the most beautiful graphical environments I've seen, right along with Age of Conan. Great screenshots.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• AdelbertAdelbert Member Posts: 42

Oh, in my opinion, except for the OST, not being an adaptation of the movies is a plus for me. From a lore point of view, and as a Tolkien fan, I'm more than happy with the adaptation of the world Turbine has made for this mmorpg :)

Thanks guys!

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Wile it does look good dx10 (from what i'v seen in games like AoC) really doesnt shine untill you'r looking at it live. most of the effects of dx10 re the grass and trees moving in the wind. it's really hard to get and idea from static pictures. In game dx10 literaly brings the game alive and gives a real sense of a living breathing world.

• AdelbertAdelbert Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Wile it does look good dx10 (from what i'v seen in games like AoC) really doesnt shine untill you'r looking at it live. most of the effects of dx10 re the grass and trees moving in the wind. it's really hard to get and idea from static pictures. In game dx10 literaly brings the game alive and gives a real sense of a living breathing world.

Can't agree more! And don't forget the water and it's enviorement reflections...

• GrafbendaGrafbenda Member Posts: 51

I have subscribed to LOTR twive in the past, solid game but there was always another game it was competing with in my regard.

One thing that I always felt could be improved upon was the character models, has anyone heard if Turbine plans on updating them?  It always bothered me how my human characters looked.

Thanks

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Always loved the environments in LoTRO. I think to this day, they are at the top of the heap in terms of attention to detail... No nook or corner is too "insignificant" to be given full attention. Exploring Middle Earth in that game was often as fun - sometimes moreso - as anything else.

Thing that always chased me away, believe it or not, was the community. My friend deemed it "the anti-social game", because people were so incredibly independent that they hardly ever grouped up. When they did, it was only to knock out a few quests, then they were on their way, often without a word.

The kinships I would join were little more than glorified cliques... if you weren't there when they formed, weren't part of that "core group", and couldn't keep up with them, you were pretty much on your own. They were too busy raiding to ever help lower level players.

Now, I know there are good kins out there; I hear/read about them a lot... I was just never fortunate enough to find one.

I recently had thought of re-upping my sub, then read how they'd made the game even more soloable and just thought "forget it".

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by Adelbert

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Can't agree more! And don't forget the water and it's enviorement reflections...

I also agree.

Those shots are great but from my own experience the screen shots in LOTRO never look as amazing as they are when taken in game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Wait until DX 11 coming to LOTRO !! =)  (yes they are coming) !! You will get blown away !! =D

However, though, if everyone plays the game, they all know that the character is a little bit off compare to the world !!

They need to fix the animation + the character model in this game in order to feel that our character blend in to the world more!!

Also, just... please give us better costume design please !!!! xD

• ariargentoariargento Member Posts: 15

wow, those are like the most amazing mmo shots ive seen in a long time :o

• SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296

LOTRO always did have that wholesome MMORPG look to it. It's perhaps the most accomplished World out there, which is no surprise considering the lore and background Turbine had to draw upon. I would be tempted to reunite with my Dwarf Guardian if it weren't for Monster Hunter Tri arriving this week.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

those are some great screenshots, one of the thing I enjoy about LoTRO is the variety of the different terrains

I miss DAoC

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

LOTRO has always done a really nice job of looking realistic while not looking artifical or out of place.  Very nice looking game.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Nice pics! Here are some of the best I took:

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

My favorite zone (so far) is probably Evendim.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Here check out this DX10 Video on YouTube, however the user doesn't appear to have the best PC as its a bit choppy in most scenes, but at least you can see the power of what DX10 does to the shadows, trees, grass and water!

LOTRO Amazing Scenery 1 HD DX10

LOTRO Amazing Scenery 2 HD DX10

I am personally looking forward to DX11 before I return, and really hope that Turbine goes back and reconfigures all the textures for Tesselation.  Don't know what Tesselation is, watch these videos:

DirectX 11, Tesselation, Unigine Heaven Benchmark

Nvidia GTX 480 - DirectX 11 Water Tesselation HD

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Khrymson

Here check out this DX10 Video on YouTube, however the user doesn't appear to have the best PC as its a bit choppy in most scenese, but at least you can see the power of what DX10 does to the shadows, trees, grass and water!

I am personally looking forward to DX11 before I return, and really hope that Turbine goes back and reconfigures all the textures for Tesselation.  Don't know what Tesselation is, watch these videos:

LotRO will look amazing with DX11. I hope they reconfigure all the textures (or, at least, all the stone textures) too.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by Comnitus

Originally posted by Khrymson

Here check out this DX10 Video on YouTube, however the user doesn't appear to have the best PC as its a bit choppy in most scenese, but at least you can see the power of what DX10 does to the shadows, trees, grass and water!

LotRO will look amazing with DX11. I hope they reconfigure all the textures (or, at least, all the stone textures) too.

I am holding off on a new card waiting to see if they redo all the textures for DX 11. I doubt they will but I am sure hoping for the best. I am happy withthe DX10, but darn those DX11 stone textures rock.  pun intended.

I miss DAoC

• Hrayr2148Hrayr2148 Member Posts: 649

Here are some of my pictures on Max settings/hi res/Directx10

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

The game rocks. It's still the best PvE MMO on the market IMO.

So much to do, so polished, fun combat once you're 20 or so, amazing in game community (on Brandywine at least).

If you like immersive PvE games, this one is top shelf I say.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

LOTROs problem has never been static pictures but rather animations and effects which are subpar. Have they been improved?

• Hrayr2148Hrayr2148 Member Posts: 649

Originally posted by Yamota

LOTROs problem has never been static pictures but rather animations and effects which are subpar. Have they been improved?

"Pictures" arn't static in the game.

As for combat animation, that's not the game's selling point.  If that's what's important to you, then LoTRO may not be the "best" on the market.  As for me, I love the animations on my Warden, though the character models are admittedly subpar.

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

I like LoTRo alot as well until it came time to create a new char.

the game is way to linear if they would make it more open world

it would be great.

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Nice ss! 

Here is my contributen with dx10 and everything maxed out at 1920x1200

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100