Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your take on the new UI

realmmogamerrealmmogamer Member Posts: 3

I saw some screenshots of the new UI, while it no longer looks like WoW's default UI, I can't help be feel a little underwhelmed. The UI is blocky, the art style looks like it is from EQ1. It is all straight lines.

It just looks like they broke apart the UI, made it blocky and beige. It just looks like an old outdated UI. But that is my take, what does everyone else think? (The UI change is not enough to make me want to play the game.)

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Like you already stated, IMO it looks exactly like the old UI just broken into pieces and with a new background color. Considering how excited they were about it, im quite disappointed.

• KalthanoseKalthanose Member Posts: 16

UI definatly looks lack luster but a question i have is how is the game i havent realy looked into it to much and was wondering also does it offer pvp as well and how is it implemented?

• realmmogamerrealmmogamer Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Kalthanose

UI definatly looks lack luster but a question i have is how is the game i havent realy looked into it to much and was wondering also does it offer pvp as well and how is it implemented?

AFAIK, the game doesn't offer any PvP. It is a PvE oriented game only, with introduction of instances. The "new" version of the game is supposed to come out on the 25th of April, but with all the hype of the new UI making it less WoW like, I can't honestly think it will be improved over the last iteration. UI is essentially still the WoW UI except everything is blocky and the bottom bar has been broken up and 2 pieces shifted locations.

C'est le vie.

• zasdzasd Member UncommonPosts: 45

This is not the new UI.... they just modified the original a bit beofre release. At release they will have a new UI that they have been working on. So until then stop judging this UI because its not the "new" UI...

• realmmogamerrealmmogamer Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by zasd

This is not the new UI.... they just modified the original a bit beofre release. At release they will have a new UI that they have been working on. So until then stop judging this UI because its not the "new" UI...

Sir, this is the new UI according to Pedraic their lead GSCM.

"So, can you tell me about the new UI?" -- Me

"Actually, we just put out several new screens. Take a look: http://www.gamershell.com/pc/alganon/screenshots.html" -- Pedraic

Notice the brand new logo attached to the picture. These are new pictures of the new UI and that is a brand new dungeon the character is in.

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232

I guess I've never been one who pays too much attention to a game's UI.  But I do like the appearance over the old one.  Looks basic and functional and I'd be fine with it if I were still playing.

• Thirteenof9Thirteenof9 Member Posts: 8

frankly i dunno why people get so exercised over ui's .. its just a tool one uses to play the game ... dont care wth it looks like as long as it works well and the new version doesnt suit me as well as the original

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Here's the funny thing, it wasn't the UI that made it feel like WoW.  It helped, but it wasn't the whole problem.  The graphics are similar (check out the goblin in some of the "new" screenshots here) the classes are similar, with the ranged class being the only slightly unique thing.  I mean, come on, the healer class has an alternate form it can change into in order to become a more dps focused class.  All the UI does is change one tiny little piece of the problem, and the sad thing is, people are bragging it up as "the big change".  So yeah, it will still feel like WoW, only with a Titan Quest UI, which I'm pretty sure I can have in WoW, with a little effort.

And don't even get me started on the new logo.  Looks raw, and kind of prehistoric, whereas the old logo had a more elegant feel.  And what was wrong with the old logo anyways?

• AzerinAzerin Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by zeowyrm

Here's the funny thing, it wasn't the UI that made it feel like WoW.  It helped, but it wasn't the whole problem.  The graphics are similar (check out the goblin in some of the "new" screenshots here) the classes are similar, with the ranged class being the only slightly unique thing.  I mean, come on, the healer class has an alternate form it can change into in order to become a more dps focused class.  All the UI does is change one tiny little piece of the problem, and the sad thing is, people are bragging it up as "the big change".  So yeah, it will still feel like WoW, only with a Titan Quest UI, which I'm pretty sure I can have in WoW, with a little effort.

And don't even get me started on the new logo.  Looks raw, and kind of prehistoric, whereas the old logo had a more elegant feel.  And what was wrong with the old logo anyways?

I agree with all your points. I think the damage is done, and short of completely re-designing the game with a different engine and art style, there is nothing Mr.Smart or anyone can do to get rid of the WoW comparison and the fact many people feel like it is a blatant ripoff of the aforementioned game.

In short:

WoW = Coke

Alganon = Diet Coke

• HakiemHakiem Member Posts: 35

Alganon = Coke machine destroyed - you now have to buy the 49 cent Safeway Cola

Just Me,

Tim

If rainbows only come out in the rain then I would like it to rain at least once a day.

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by Hakiem

Just Me,

Tim

So, just to prove how sadly old I am, you're saying it's like New Coke?

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

The new UI is better than the old one, IMO; at least it sort of has its own flavor. True, it looks a helluva lot like the WoW UI still, but WoW's UI is based on the UI from Asheron's Call 2.

With that said, the UI is just a tiny drop in the ocean of problems Alganon has, and it's going to take a metric crap-ton more work to make the game remotely worthwhile.  Chances of that are slim to none.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• AzerinAzerin Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by zeowyrm

Originally posted by Hakiem

Just Me,

Tim

So, just to prove how sadly old I am, you're saying it's like New Coke?

I think what he's saying is that you now have to resort to drinking Safeway Cola while playing Desktop Commander  **teeheehee**

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

If that is the best they can come up with, they may as well go back to copy WOW. My 13 yr old son probably can design a bunch of squares and rectangles with two colors too.

It would be a miracle if this game would make a dime.