Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ugly character models and clowns

LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

Does the armor ever get better?

Is there any bikini plate?

What the hell is wrong w/ the combat animations =(

I live to go faster...or die trying.

Comments

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Isn't that what's cool these days? Bright garish colors and shoulderpads a mile high?

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

Originally posted by xaldraxius

Isn't that what's cool these days? Bright garish colors and shoulderpads a mile high?

Go look up Lineage 2 and Aion armor.

I personally hate WoW armor.

Bikini plate is hot...unless, of course, you're gay. But hey, most of us aren't.

I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • KilorTheMeekKilorTheMeek Member Posts: 260

LOTR tries to keep in the spirit of Tolkein's middle-earth... which did not include bikini plate.  

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Originally posted by Lienhart

Originally posted by KilorTheMeek

LOTR tries to keep in the spirit of Tolkein's middle-earth... which did not include bikini plate.  

[mod edit]

You think Tolkiens stories were real?   Don't mention realism then.

Her point was that they are trying to stick to the lore of the books, whether bikini armor is realistic or not was not the determining factor as to why it isn't in game. The fact that it's not apart of the lore is the 'reality' of why it's not in game.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Does the armor ever get better?

Pretty much no!  All the armor sets tend to have the same few designs per class with a different skin until you get to lvl 60+ and the radiance sets have a different look to them.  Havn't yet played SoM, so dunno if anything new has been added that looks different, but I doubt it.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

What the hell is wrong w/ the combat animations =(

They changed the way animations were done for combat if that is what you mean.  There is a setting that you can changed that might help you out.  I have not played in awhile though so someone else would have to give the details.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Bikini plate is hot...unless, of course, you get laid. But hey, most of us don't.

Fixed.

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386

If someone is getting off looking at bikini plate armor ( want to puke anytime I hear someone say HOT) or wishing they had it so they can...well they might have bigger problems than being gay. Such ass no life or the possibility of ever seeing a girl in a real bikini other than on  the internet. Might be time to open the blinds and let the sun in and maybe go outside for awhile.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Lets keep the discussion civil guys, play nice ;).

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

If you look in the options there's a setting to blend combat animations to make it seem more fluid and responsive, doesn't change actual combat damage or anything of that nature just the animations.

For the armor it seems hit or miss to me, I've had some armors that look good and some that look horrible (in my opinion). Of course if you want fantasy items you won't find much in LoTRO.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Allot of the gear is but ugly, but you can cover it up with cosmetics and allot of that stuff looks pretty nice.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• DarrocDarroc Member UncommonPosts: 18

http://www.northshield.co.uk/LOTRO/

For all thinking there is no variety...

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

I like this game a lot, but I have to admit most of the player character models and armor are God-awful.  As for the animations, yeah that "blend" option helps.  The world art and most of the mobs look fine IMO, which makes the player model craptasticness somewhat baffling.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Go look up Lineage 2 and Aion armor.

I personally hate WoW armor.

Bikini plate is hot...unless, of course, you're gay. But hey, most of us aren't.

I happen to like the Lineage 2 and Aion armor (with the exception of the stuff that lights up) but it all has to do with context.

If I was in charge of LOTRO I would NEVER have that type of armor because it just doesn't fit.

To be honest, the armor I would have for lotro would more resemble the type that was used in the movies.

As far as LOTRO goes, these are the two outfits my main uses as they are the only two I can stand;

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo