Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about duo's and their capabilities

TexarTexar Member Posts: 20

My girlfriend and I are thinking about giving EQ2 a try as a duo with an SK/Defiler combo.  We aren't in any real hurry to hit the level cap and will most likely lock experience to some degree to take in as much content as possible and get AA's. My question is...with this duo will we be able to handle the group quests and dungeons along the way and be somewhat  level appropriate or will we have to wait until we simply overpower that content by being a much higher level? From what I have read most of the population is at or near max level and finding groups, especially for obscure or less desirable dungeons, can be difficult at times so any input you all have would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Anything that CAN be DUO'd can be DUO'd by a defiler and SK.  You should have not trouble duo'ing anything of your level until you get lvl 70+ instances.  Most of the stuff in the game was designed for gear not as good as currently available and for characters without AAs, which add a lot of power.  

SK + Defiler = Awesomeness : )

I play a defiler myself.

Pro Tip:  Get your defiler to go down the Cannibalize tree on the Defiler side ASAP, the last AA there basically let's her never run out of power, which is fantastic at lower levels.   Plus, that line will increase her damage output, helping you guys mow stuff down even faster. 

Also, don't lock experience.  Set your AA slider to 100% AA from the start.  If you outlevel something, don't worry about it.  It's a huge game and you don't run out of content.  There are 5000 quests and cool stuff isn't only at the low level :)     Leave something for your alts to do.  Also, you can always mentor yourselves down by use of chronomages and come back to do the content, so don't let that hold you back more than it should.   

Have fun!

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• TexarTexar Member Posts: 20

Thanks for the response and for the tips! Hopefully we'll get started this weekend and are looking forward to the journey.  Defiler looks like a really cool class, maybe I can talk her into being the SK :)

• XKhallusXXKhallusX Member Posts: 31

i don't know if you will have enough DPS. sure the defiler will keep you alive easily but you will have to expend so much power trying to kill things basically by yourself as an SK (or whoever goes SK)

I would suggest a Fury/SK or inquisitor/Sk combo