Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm desperate, please help me.

So...I somehow subbed to Aion. My girlfriend is about to kill me, since I am currently subbed to four games (two which I bought this month). But I'm really desperate for some group content and I heard Aion has at least some. Now, all I need is someone nice (and crazy) enough to start with me. I'm playing on the European Aion, what server, what classes or what race doesn't matter to me. Well, I don't think I can find anyone here who would start anew with me, but I want to at least try.

Comments

• fleshstorm66fleshstorm66 Member Posts: 14

I have a  lev. 20 sorcerer on Spatalos.

I do not mind waiting for you to hit lev. 20. Then we can duo level together.

KJ

• Naturalist99Naturalist99 Member Posts: 182

Why are you subscribed to 4 mmos, and why did you buy 4 this month, if you wanna play one of those mmos another time, then cancel the sub, dont keep it running. If you dont want to burn out on mmos, I suggest sub to 1 mmo at a time, and make sure you play other games aside from that, not alternative mmos to your mmo.

MMOs played: Too many
    Watch List: FFXIV, CoH:GR, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, Earthrise

• I have 4 subs because I tried those out. I am currently searching for a MMO to stay with, but none of them held me for long. The social aspect was just missing in them. And my subs are running out next month anyway, so you could say I already cancelled three of my four subs (the 4th being Aion). That doesn't change that the subs are still active for April.

@fleshstorm: I am searching for someone to start with from level one, however, if no one wants (which is likely), I would be more than happy to play with you. Are you Asmodian or Elyos?

• fleshstorm66fleshstorm66 Member Posts: 14

Elyos

• Khan187Khan187 Member Posts: 168

Can't help you much by leveling with you as I have lvl50 chars which eat up all my time. I'd suggest that you post info on Aion server forum also once you have chosen a char and name, people who are looking to start with somebody will join in. Aion is totally different game when you can group with friends and play together.

Another thing I'd suggest is that you don't switch between games, you make a friend in Aion and play together. When you change to another game for a while, you'll find yourself falling behind and your friend has other goals to persue.

Decide if you are going to play and play or quite if you are not going to play. Just see it till the end and you will find yourself bussy with new goals everyday.

• KarmakaziKarmakazi Member Posts: 165

How do you "somehow" sub to something? Curious to know.

• Khan187Khan187 Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by Karmakazi

I hear this story that people who sleep walk +sleep talk +sleep do things .. somehow do something ... then i .. forgot .. what was i talking about?

• Originally posted by Karmakazi

Wow...if you have nothing to say, better say nothing at all. If you didn't notice, English is not my first language, so please "excuse" my poor choice of words.

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

It might be easier to play 2 accounts, however, it is even bored to play Aion with one account.

• Originally posted by Khan187

I hear this story that people who sleep walk +sleep talk +sleep do things .. somehow do something ... then i .. forgot .. what was i talking about?

Actually, I was playing rather late (4 AM) and was pretty frustrated that Fallen Earth plays like practically a single-player game. Somehow, I don't know what happened after I closed the client of Fallen Earth, but when I woke up, I saw an activated account for Aion. So yeah...I blame it on sleepwalking.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Sorry, I play on NA ones. I guess you could try finding a guild that's starting (recruiting all levels) and see if it works, in case you don't find anyone here to start with you.

• Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Originally posted by reijan

Originally posted by Khan187

Actually, I was playing rather late (4 AM) and was pretty frustrated that Fallen Earth plays like practically a single-player game. Somehow, I don't know what happened after I closed the client of Fallen Earth, but when I woke up, I saw an activated account for Aion. So yeah...I blame it on sleepwalking.

I thats even remotely true I think you got a bigger problem than the choive over your next game. Lay off the drugs, that includes alcoholic drinks and/or consult an expert.

And yes you should take that personal.

It was supposed to be funny image

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

I have 4 subs because I tried those out. I am currently searching for a MMO to stay with, but none of them held me for long. The social aspect was just missing in them. And my subs are running out next month anyway, so you could say I already cancelled three of my four subs (the 4th being Aion). That doesn't change that the subs are still active for April.

@fleshstorm: I am searching for someone to start with from level one, however, if no one wants (which is likely), I would be more than happy to play with you. Are you Asmodian or Elyos?

Subbing to 4 games in a month?  Has anybody been advising you on what MMOs are fun, or have you just been filtering through posts here and websites and thinking "Hmm this looks like it could be good?"

Im all for being an MMO tourist at times, but thats what the Free to Play games are for.  Theyve all got a list of features similar to Pay to Play titles, and you can peruse them at your leisure, and without cost to see if those features actually appeal to you while you research the communities here to see if there is one, or in the case of AION, there is not one!

If youre looking for a deep, social game, I recommend a free game.  Its called Entropia.  Its done with the Cry2 engine, the graphics are better than AION imho, unless of course youre into sparklies and crazy armor with alot of pointy stuff.   There are no bots.   None at all.    There's a large player base, and plenty of newbies.   Being a newbie isnt a 10 day affair in this game.  It is a 6 month affair of slow progression whether you deposit or not, because its in what you know about how the game works, not in what gear you are carrying.

Youve got AION.  I'll reserve my full thoughts there, and instead wish you luck with your purchase.   If you find yourself feeling shortchanged, try the game I mentioned above.   And cut your girlfriend some slack.  4 MMOs to tweak out on during a month is harsh!   My girlfriend barely tolerates 1 MMO!   :-)

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

So...I somehow subbed to Aion. My girlfriend is about to kill me, since I am currently subbed to four games (two which I bought this month). But I'm really desperate for some group content and I heard Aion has at least some. Now, all I need is someone nice (and crazy) enough to start with me. I'm playing on the European Aion, what server, what classes or what race doesn't matter to me. Well, I don't think I can find anyone here who would start anew with me, but I want to at least try.

My advice is to cancel all your subs (ya it sounds crazy) and forget about MMOs for a year or find a MMO thats totally differnt then your used to. I had a similar problem because I couldnt find a MMO that was unique. Basically their all the same shit, different pile...until I came across Darkfall. I'm now paying $10 a month on one MMO and plan to stick with this game until at least 2011.  I have no interest in those 3-4 MMOs sitting in my desk drawer anymore. I'm through with the themepark MMOs, they bore me to death now.

Find something unique and different. Stop buying the same crap with a different box cover. My 2cents....

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Originally posted by Ethian

My advice is to cancel all your subs (ya it sounds crazy) and forget about MMOs for a year or find a MMO thats totally differnt then your used to. I had a similar problem because I couldnt find a MMO that was unique. Basically their all the same shit, different pile...until I came across Darkfall. I'm now paying $10 a month on one MMO and plan to stick with this game until at least 2011.  I have no interest in those 3-4 MMOs sitting in my desk drawer anymore. I'm through with the themepark MMOs, they bore me to death now.

Find something unique and different. Stop buying the same crap with a different box cover. My 2cents....

Funny , I tried darkfall for a few days but got the  urge to wanna shoot myself for spending the money because my friend said it was fun. ( I hated every second of it )

Yet Aion was Addicting after trying the beta which I found to be rather new and exciting , Point is some games don't have a free trial and everyone has different tastes in games so how was he to know what the game was truely like without buying it and giving it a shot ? .. I can tell you this I do the same thing with games , Buy them and try them before deciding what I want to play , Its hard to say just because you or I like or hate a game that he will feel the same way about it but thats just my 2cents. * Edit * and though a lot of the games seem like the " same shit different pile " to some ppl .. others can distinguish the differences and may be entertained by them after all its the little things that count whether it be the gameplay or the community all games are quite different from each other and it all boils down to individual preference.

@ OP - Give it a shot , there is a lot more social activity in Aion than in most games on the market you just have to find a good server and a good guild / make friends .. but there are plenty of things to do with groups such as Rifting and questing / Bosses / Instances ( ex- Fire temple , Adma , Draupnir , ect ) its been a blast for me socially and I have made tons of friends playing Aion.. some of which nag me on vent daily to resub