Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scam email (with screenshot)

2»

Comments

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Originally posted by cyberace66

I too just got my first scam email. if any of you guru's could give me some idea's how these douche bags got my email address? Haven't played since beta and never joined any aion websites. Only thing that comes to mind is that they some how have access to NCSoft on the inside.

You either gave them your email unwittingly(buying gold, using some service, etc), or you have your email in plain sight on some forum(s). Always hide your email. Better yet, always hide your email address, and always give an email address that you don't use officially when signing up(don't use your email connected to game accounts).

I've never recieved any phishing emails from my forum email address or my "real" email. I can only assume because I've never given out my email address.

• Naturalist99Naturalist99 Member Posts: 182

How do these phishing emails work even? Do you click the email and it your fucked automatically or something, because if it asks you for your info first who would go to a fake website and put there info in?

MMOs played: Too many
    Watch List: FFXIV, CoH:GR, GW2, SWTOR, TERA, Earthrise

• DeViLmAn0DeViLmAn0 Member UncommonPosts: 201

my box finds several phishing emails from combinations of things from WoW to Aion, and ive never even played Aion past open beta.. wtf lol.  nothing makes u lol at a phishing email then when u mouse over the link and see it from ncosft.com or  wor1dofwarcraft.com

though, by far the best one ive gotten is the one from blizzard about my aion account < /picardfacepalm

sigh. something with Aion and WoW seems to generate alot of phishing email . thank god for spam folder.

Waiting For: FF14,Guild Wars2
    RIP: Tabula Rasa&Hellgate:London(online)
    Playing:Fallen Earth&Guild Wars& Dragon Age

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Got a phishing email today from someone mimicking Aion/NCsoft support.

I don't have a sub to Aion, nor have I ever, yet it asks me to verify my account info, lol.

It's sad anyone actually falls for this crap. 

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Got a phishing email today from someone mimicking Aion/NCsoft support.

I don't have a sub to Aion, nor have I ever, yet it asks me to verify my account info, lol.

It's sad anyone actually falls for this crap. 

I got one in Deutsch today.

I'll give the phishers one thing, they are persistent, and apparently multi-lingual.  image

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!