Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population?

TektonTekton Member UncommonPosts: 86

So I am once more thinking about getting the GW box with all expansions, just need an update regarding the population. Still alot of players? Worth getting in to this late?

Comments

• JhazvhugJhazvhug Member Posts: 37

Yeah population is still going strong, tell me your name ingame once you get it and I will help you out a bit. I have played for like 5 years so if you have any questions ask me (lately it's been on and off but I always have it downloaded so I can log on for anything you need)

• IonselonIonselon Member Posts: 248

There always seems to be a lot of people around in the non-instanced areas.  Two of my grandsons are playing as I type this; one in PvP and the other farming for drops.

As for the game, its still basically the same game just with a lot more things added throught the xpacs.

If you buy the complete box to begin with, there are no more additional outlays of cash required.  I would recommend you pulling the trigger and giving it a go.

Ion

• TektonTekton Member UncommonPosts: 86

Just placed the order, thanks for the info :-)

• CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152

you will enjoy i also think population is still going strong. Look me up if you want to do anything Cohas ironfist 

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

The population in GW blows away most MMOs because there's no monthly fee. There will always be a healthy player base because people never really "quit" because you can just reinstall and play again, similar to Diablo.

Plus the fact that theres essentially 1 server, you never get bottlenecked into a dying server.

-------------------------

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Netzoko

The population in GW blows away most MMOs because there's no monthly fee. There will always be a healthy player base because people never really "quit" because you can just reinstall and play again, similar to Diablo.

Plus the fact that theres essentially 1 server, you never get bottlenecked into a dying server.

People play because it is still a great game not just because it has no monthly fee. :)

• CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152

yea it is a great game and all of the new stuff coming to GW to setup GW2 looks great 

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

So I just installed GW and added all the expansions at the same time. Now that I am about to make my first character it asks me what expansion I want to play in, but I want to start in the original GW, I want to see it all. Can't i?

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

yup you can see and go thru all the campaigns, all the maps, whichever campaign you choose start
    but Prophecies start more slowly than Factions or Nightfall, in terms of levelling and cross-campaigning
    still i suggest for you 1st char to start in Proph so you can learn the ropes

one added note: Prophecies' newbie area, the so-called PreSearing Ascalon City (i wont spoil any further), can only be accessed by Prophecies character

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

Originally posted by illyana

yup you can see and go thru all the campaigns, all the maps, whichever campaign you choose start

but Prophecies start more slowly than Factions or Nightfall, in terms of levelling and cross-campaigning

still i suggest for you 1st char to start in Proph so you can learn the ropes

one added note: Prophecies' newbie area, the so-called PreSearing Ascalon City (i wont spoil any further), can only be accessed by Prophecies character

Thanks for the help, I'm a level 5 Elemtanlist/Necro something and having a blas :-)