Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea: Closed Beta 3 Begins; Open Beta Details

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Blue Hole Studio has announced that phase 3 of the TERA closed beta test is now underway! The test will run from today, February 26th, through to March 7th, and will expand the testing pool to 20,000 testers.

Closed Beta #3 will include many new additions and changes as well, such as: an expansion of the available game world for players to explore, 68 additional skills, swimming, climbing, and jumping actions, in-game voice chat, new dungeon instances, a party search feature, and an auction house.

Six tribes, eight classes, and 88 character models will also be available as part of this latest beta phase.

A number of details are also available regarding the upcoming Open Beta phase, which is said to include a skill enhancement system, large scale PvP battlefields, PvP rewards, potentially a political system where high-ranked players can strive to become a leader along the same vein what is currently implemented in Webzen's ArchLord, mounts,  and more.

It's important to note that these details are for the Korean beta test phases. No details are currently available on the Western version's beta test, though the game is slated to arrive in the West sometime in early 2011.

You can view a number of new screenshots from Closed Beta #3 in our TERA gallery. Also, be sure to check out Official Trailer #3 here.

For more information on TERA: The Exiled Realm of Arborea, visit the game's official website.

Comments

• DarkbleachDarkbleach Member Posts: 40

Hmm well I hope the game does not go from hype-hype-hype to grind-grind-grind.

• StratfordStratford Member CommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by Darkbleach

Hmm well I hope the game does not go from hype-hype-hype to grind-grind-grind.

Show me a game out of Asia that hasn't.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

It looks like 2011 is going to see some heavy hitters step up to plate. I hope they have what it takes!

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • ndodgendodge Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Miles-Prower

It looks like 2011 is going to see some heavy hitters step up to plate. I hope they have what it takes!

~MIles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

Indeed. If it holds as true as we all hope, then I won't mind buying in to it. Though if it doesn't, I'll likely go to the then-likely polished aion until tera is ready.

Or Blade and Soul. Looking forward to that too.

I play in a sandbox.

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

I'm sorry but what's the point of posting this if it's nothing to do with NA? 

This isn't informative for us.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Yes it is, because it's stuff that will be in our version of the game, too.

Can't wait to try this one out though, for sure.

• CaradaeCaradae Member Posts: 29

There has been alot of upset recently about the games that have been coming out of the woodwork. I just hope this isn't another upset. Want to play it, but hopes for it not being disappointing!

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Game sounds solid, especially the combat system, just hope this isn't another grind game (cough - Aion - cough)

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Go to the official forums and voice your concerns, everyone. :) 

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Open world no loadscreens plus for me

No auto target another huge plus for me

And seen some pvp and looks great also a plus for me

And good grafhics always nice to have.

And yo can play a panda or a sexy girl hehe nice plus 2:)

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• AeternumAeternum Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by wh0astar

I'm sorry but what's the point of posting this if it's nothing to do with NA? 

This isn't informative for us.

What? You think this site is exclusively for NA? One day you'll realise that there are other continents, countries and people in the whole wide world. You'll be amazed. :)

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

I will sure try this game, looks promising and intressting gameplay.

• animeoutlawanimeoutlaw Member UncommonPosts: 27

Skill based game play is a big plus for me. I'm getting tired of clicking a target and casting a spell. It's nice to see new MMO's getting skill based game play involved :). This looks to be promising.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

"And seen some pvp and looks great also a plus for me"

The item shop has many items that effect pvp so expect to spend big bucks to be competitive.  Personally pvp like that is just broken in my mind, it has nothing to do with skill, strictly how deep your pockets are.

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by Ozmodan

The item shop has many items that effect pvp so expect to spend big bucks to be competitive.  Personally pvp like that is just broken in my mind, it has nothing to do with skill, strictly how deep your pockets are.

I have seen nothing, anywhere that said this was going to have a Item Mall, so what exactlly are you talking about?

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

so blindly to hate something you dont even read the game description anymore?

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Um, Tera is P2P...

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• KilorTheMeekKilorTheMeek Member Posts: 260

You MUST be mistaking TERA for another game.  There's no item mall in TERA... its P2P.  

If you're gonna flame a game at least do your homework.  You can go now.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
  • Perfection66Perfection66 Member Posts: 218

will this game be released this year? the graphics look great

Aion v3 "RELOADED" - A glimpse into the future of the MMO genre

• Deuce6Deuce6 Member UncommonPosts: 23

You guys realize this is from the company that's members stole the Lineage 3 source code right?

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-12-29/lineage3_code_stolen_issue_ends_tera_to_be_released_as_planned.shtml

So if you're wondering what kind of game it will be...