Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.9 coming in May

bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83

They said it here.....  http://na.aiononline.com/board/notices/view?articleID=256&page=

This week, our Daeva of Journalism, Aquilanius, spoke with Aion Producer Chris “Kinslon” Hager about Two-Handed Armsfusion and the Mist Item Rental system coming to Aion in May with the 1.9 update. That’s right, we said May!

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Cool if they lower the grind and increase the % drop from dungeons i might actually give this game a second try.

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

same here

if the low the grind and improve drops i will try for sure

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83

Yes, lvling will be faster and easier for those who hate to grind.

• toph1980toph1980 Member Posts: 14

I hit lvl 50 back in December and so did many others, what grind are you on about? Not to mention all MMORPGs are grinders one way or another. Either way, it doesn't change the fact there is no epic grind to be found within Aion, you're obviously used to playing Blizzard's shitty ezmode MMO. Give L2 or Flyff a try before you moan about the grind.

Anyway, it will take more than version 1.9 to give Aion a second try. NCshit should improve the droprate and address some of the major bugs instead of introducing unnecessary content. And merge servers, at least EU ones, most are a wasteland. You can cross entire maps withing running into a single ally or enemy and that's just silly.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

The areas are pretty big man, you are not constantly going to bump into ppl. Not sure what server your on but mine is fine. And I know of other servers that are. So you cant  apply that statement to all servers.

I do aggree with the drop rates thoe, especially on the propper elite bosses. 3 + hours of instance for s green is a little anoying.

It wont stop me from playing thoe.

Fhaze- Castors Elyos Assassin :D lvl 46 . Dregion time!

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83

Originally posted by toph1980

I hit lvl 50 back in December and so did many others, what grind are you on about? Not to mention all MMORPGs are grinders one way or another. Either way, it doesn't change the fact there is no epic grind to be found within Aion, you're obviously used to playing Blizzard's shitty ezmode MMO. Give L2 or Flyff a try before you moan about the grind.

Anyway, it will take more than version 1.9 to give Aion a second try. NCshit should improve the droprate and address some of the major bugs instead of introducing unnecessary content. And merge servers, at least EU ones, most are a wasteland. You can cross entire maps withing running into a single ally or enemy and that's just silly.

Well if you took the time to write this reply, you should have taken the time to look at whats being done with 1.9.

Thats not all of it, but I'm not going to do what you should do on your own. So as you can see, yes they are making the drops rates higher and it was said you WILL notice a big difference. As for major bugs, not an issue, most if not all major issues have been resloved for a while now. I agree this game was not as grindy as L2, but to some who like to quest and not just grind exp, I can understand this argument. Lots of quests have been added and daily quests have been added too. 

7. The drop rates of the Dredgion boss monsters ’Adjudant Kalanadi’ and ’Supervisor Lakhane’ have been raised.

8. The drop rates of the boss monsters in the Draupnir Cave has been raised. Some of the dropped items have been changed.

image ’Commander Nimbarka’ will now drop class armor bottom sections.

image ’Kind Saraswati’ will now drop class armor shoulder sections.

image ’Lucky Golden Saam’ will now drop class armor one section at random.

9. The drop rates of the boss monsters in Dark Poeta have been increased.

image For ultimate boss monsters, the drop rate increases as the rank increases.

10. The drop rates of the boss monsters in Theobomos Lab and Adma Stronghold have been increased.

11. The drop rates of the boss monsters in the Aetherogenetics Lab, Alquimia Research Center, Indratu Fortress, and Azoturan Fortress have been increased.

12. The drop rate of the ultimate boss monster "Nochsana General" in the Nochsana Training Camp has been increased.

For the rest of the patch notes, go here:     http://powerwiki.uk.aiononline.com/aion/Korean+PTS:+March+3rd+Test+Server+Update+1.9+Announcement    

• toph1980toph1980 Member Posts: 14

I have read the 1.9 patch notes. What you fail to realise is that endgame players like myself don't need new weapons, armor or Abyss items introduced as for the most part, we'll stick to the upgraded endgame gear which we already own. Also, increasing the drop rate of instanced dungeons won't bring peeps back, what players need are increased drop rates all over the table, regular mobs included. You see, that's how you make penya and make it fast. For the most part and everyday business, instanced dungeon drops won't help you at all.

You see, instanced dungeon drops are useless once you obtain those items as they sell for shit and cannot be traded. Have you ever thought about this? More importantly, there are no items obtainable in DC, Adma, Alquimia, Indratu etc. that would do me or any other endgame player that quit Aion any good. The only useful instance to most of us is DP.

Stuff like that but you failed to read the part where I stated I'm a endgame player. Most changes and introductions mentioned in the 1.9 patch notes doesn't apply to me nor interest me. I have no use for it. Like, take players whining about soul sickness and xp loss, a common issue which really doesn't affect endgame players at all.

And to the guy who said areas are pretty big and that you cannot expect to bump into people all the time, I dunno which EU server you're on but most are indeed a wasteland as you gotta hit Heiron or Beluslan fortress or the occational village just to find someone to kill other than bots. If that's your definition of 'packed' so be it, you should have been around last year. I realise most MMORPGs have their player base decrease after the initial launch but the way it occurred in Aion was shocking. You can tell something is wrong when it takes a major effort to find opponents other than bots in a game which such emphasis on PvP.

Aion's biggest problem right now is the fact it is bleeding subs and has done so heavily since January. Many quit as they found out the grind had 'only begun' and it left a void. The real issue is what to do to fix it, turn Aion into a casual ezmode MMORPG or be the korean AAA title it once was. Right now, it's neither. Sadly, it's only forcing more players to quit as they're unsure of what type of game they got on their hands.