Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Played any of these RPGs..

TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

I ran across this site and these oldschool NES looking RPGs. I was just wondering if anyone had played any of them and could recommend a few.

Thanks

www.amaranthia.com/modules/oledrion/category.php

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

so, I guess noone heard of  or played any of these. Guess I should take that as warning.  gahIm sick of all these  "action" rpgs lately... I want a good old fashioned turn based menu driven RPG  dangit

• Kungaloosh1Kungaloosh1 Member Posts: 260

Can't say anything on topic, but i have to say that your sig scares the hell out of me.

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

Ive played Ahriman's Prophecy and some Aveyond Games.
    Taht are well done "RPG Maker" Games.

But you have to play the demos and find out if you like the Games.
    Some are really good, some not...

Eschalon: Book One is also a very nice game, but its very hard.
    Give it a try.

• BannneBannne Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

I ran across this site and these oldschool NES looking RPGs. I was just wondering if anyone had played any of them and could recommend a few.
    Thanks

Why are you asking us,should you not be asking Dick .

• picamonpicamon Member Posts: 81

well book worm adventure 2 was the nicest ^_^

Originally posted by Bannne

Thanks

? i dont get it ?

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I had a lot of fun with Eschalon:  Book 1.  A great "old school" RPG with free choices for character progression.  Had that good old feeling but with an updated interface etc.  I suggest you try it out.  Book2 is coming out soon I think.  Also the first part if free to play.  I think you can buy it pretty cheap at this point anyway. 

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• swyndleswyndle Member Posts: 52

so, I guess noone heard of  or played any of these. Guess I should take that as warning.  gahIm sick of all these  "action" rpgs lately... I want a good old fashioned turn based menu driven RPG  dangit

Nope, never heard of any of them.

Um. Turn based? look up Sword of the New World in the games list here on mmorpg. Menu driven? Look up Eve Online here at mmorpg.

Both have action though. Not sure I understand exactly what it is you want out of a game, it almost sounds like you are looking for one of those social networking website related games with the 2-D graphics and total lack of compelling gameplay.

If that's the case, I got nothing. Good luck.

• SerpentarSerpentar Member Posts: 246

Old school NES? While I have never dabbled at that site. If you feel the urge, hunt down an Emulator and give Dragon Warrior, Faxandu, and Crystalis a whirl.

• BannneBannne Member Posts: 244

Thanks

? i dont get it ?

The clue is in your sig but i understand you not getting it,fox dose that to it's viewers.

thanks for the responses

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Eschalon Book I and Depths of Peril are the only ones i recognize.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• illanadanillanadan Member Posts: 314

Thanks

? i dont get it ?

The clue is in your sig but i understand you not getting it,fox dose that to it's viewers.

By the sig I would say that the OP may actually read. Great series of books btw :)

As for games.... SNES seemed to have a better offering of RPG's. Chrono Trigger, FF series. If you want to play a PC rpg see if you can find Ultima 7, both parts. It was a fun RPG :)

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
    - Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
    - HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
    - GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone

• PedrobPedrob Member UncommonPosts: 172

Thanks

I've played

- Eschalon: Book I

- 3 Stars of Destiny

- Deadly Sin

- Asguuard

- Ahriman's Prophecy

- Laxius Force

- Eternal Eden

- Aveyond: Rhen's Quest and Ean's Quest

Currently playing (well on break atm): Aveyond The Lost Orb