Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do we stop these mmo's that are coming out?

HOW do we stop these mmo's that are coming out? You know what I'm talking about. You know the kinds. The threads are everywhere.

HOW do we actually DO something?

[Mod Edit]

Originally posted by --Name edited out--

EX-PRO PLAYER IN WOW HERE.THIS GAME IS GOOD! TRUST ME IM USED TO BE THE BEST IN WOW BUT JUST A N00B IN AION. ITS CHALLENGEING , TRY IT!

[Sigh, watch out guys, this dude's pro.]

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

You have a glass too much mate...

RIP Orc Choppa

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Do you want us to shut up or tell our opinion? 

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • FyendiarFyendiar Member UncommonPosts: 250

Originally posted by Sinviper

HOW do we stop these mmo's that are coming out? Shut up, you know what I'm talking about. You know the kinds. The threads are everywhere.

HOW do we actually DO something?

Not by shutting up about them. :)

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

The Final Fantasy one and the new Star Wars one?

wut?

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Actually looking forward to the star war game and the secret world.

• SinviperSinviper Member Posts: 169

You'd think with all the threads about wow clones this and wow clones that you would have known what I was talking about. Age of conan, warhammer, aion...everything. Instead of talking about we should DO something

EX-PRO PLAYER IN WOW HERE.THIS GAME IS GOOD! TRUST ME IM USED TO BE THE BEST IN WOW BUT JUST A N00B IN AION. ITS CHALLENGEING , TRY IT!

• HathiHathi Member Posts: 236

the only action that matters is if you purchase or participate in games you don't approve of.  Vote with your wallet.

Games you like, you support with your funds.

Finally - Best site for Chuck Norris
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

• SinviperSinviper Member Posts: 169

Heero gets it!

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

[mod edit]

Game companies today do not listen to people complaining on the forums. As long as you keep buying and subscribbing to subpar games, they will keep making and selling subpar games.

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

You'd think with all the threads about wow clones this and wow clones that you would have known what I was talking about. Age of conan, warhammer, aion...everything. Instead of talking about we should DO something

So you don't like WoW?  Whatever you say about WoW, people sure are passionate about it.

WoW is the main topic on MMORPG.com and the main subject of every /general chat in every MMO.

Why does Blizz even bother to advertise?

Want to see what all the fuss is about for yourself?  WoW has a ten day free trial.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• luckturtzluckturtz Member Posts: 422

1.Don't buy the game

2.Wait until a game has been for 6 months before playing it

Nuff said

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

For the Horde!!!

No...wait...

RIP Orc Choppa

• JorikuzaJorikuza Member Posts: 46

Oh... this is the first thread I see when I wake up and suddenly I realize why all my friends tell me I should stop comming here...

As for your question, we can't do anything about it, we're consumers, we vote with our wallet and sadly a lot of MMORPG.com is the minority sandbox/hardcore player who'll never really be able to stop these bad  games from coming out because they aren't bad they just don't fit your tastes.

"I went to the store to buy a candle holder. They were out, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

First of all AoC and WHO got nothing to do with WoW clones. But anyway GIVE US YOUR OPINION WHAT TO DO! It might worth it. Give it a shot and if it is nice i will try to support it.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Thought you were talking about F2P grindfest #9000 and #9001 but... nevermind.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

dont buy then and dont hype, and by that dont go on their forums and start threads as how it gonna "ruin the mmo genre" ¬¬

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

You can't.

There's a sense of entitlement and borderline arrogance that some (not all) MMO "veterans" seem to feel that they have. It's as though they feel the genre owes them something.

It's wrong.

All you can do is accept that you are just one voice amongst millions, that your opinion is no more important than anyone elses and that you have no control over the games that other people play, the developers that make them or the business people who finance and control them.

You can cast your vote with your subscription fee; but that's where your influence ends.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Don't buy them....thats really th eonly power you have as a consumer to express your displeasure with a product.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature